BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pedersen Needs Converting!

Personally I am sick to death of watching MGP playing down our left flank. His finishing is amongst the very best I've seen since probably Solsjaer in his prime. His aerial ability is also of a good standard. However, his wing play is amongst the very worst I've had the mis-pleasure of watching in many a year.

We have a very promising young player coming through in the form of Sergio Peter who in my view can do the job required of a winger, ie supply quality crosses. Surely for the teams sake it makes more sense to play a player like Peter's who benefits our strikers.

As for Pedersen I like the skills he does possess and therefore I'd like him to be converted to a striker. Yes he's lightweight but so was Solsjaer, Dalglish and Beardsley. His heading is also of better quality than Kuqi's.

In my opinon I think the time has come for Pedersen's skills to be utilised elsewhere. tinykit.gif

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pedersen has played up front a couple of times for Rovers with limited sucess, once was against Cardiff in last season cup game at Ewood in the second half and i'm sure theres been another occassion.

374769[/snapback]

To be fair though Pedersen has played on wing for us a few times with limited sucess. The only time he stands out is when he piledrives the ball into the back of the net. I cannot remember a Pedersen cross living long in the memory and after all that is his job to deliever crosses. tinykit.gif

Worth a thought:-

things to think about also:-

Is Peter ready for week in week out PL football?

Can the striker Pederson score enough to compensate for the goals we would lose from the midfield pederson (i.e. Dickov + Pederson) assuming Peter doesn't score as many as Pederson.

Pedersen has been playing distinctly average for 12 months now. His goals have been his saving grace. He has not had one great game for Rovers from a general play point of view.

Yet when people suggest we should sell him for a bid upwards of £7m, people go crazy!

IMO, to move onto the next level certain positions need improving, with right midfield, centre midfield, left back and up front being the priorities.

If Pedersen doesn't start pulling his weight there is room for one more position on that list.

Why do some people give MGP so much stick? Hes performed very well this season and has chipped in with vital, vital goals. Just because he didn't have his best game yesterday (along with another 8 or 9 players) doesn't mean that he's useless. Only a couple of weeks ago against Pompey I thought he was our best player by quite a margin.

Why do some people give MGP so much stick? Hes performed very well this season and has chipped in with vital, vital goals. Just because he didn't have his best game yesterday (along with another 8 or 9 players) doesn't mean that he's useless. Only a couple of weeks ago against Pompey I thought he was our best player by quite a margin.

374787[/snapback]

I've yet to read anyone slating Pedersen. We all see his obvious talent in front of goal but, we need more from him.

The answer to that seems to be a change of position to maximise his impact in games and get more from the left wing position. tinykit.gif

What I wrote was Pedersens actual performances, IMO opinion, aren't good enough.

As a left winger you need to carry the ball, get quality balls into the box, be able to find a yard away from your man to make deliveries, give maximum width, run faster than 1mph.

At the moment Pedersen isn't doing these things anywhere near often enough. Yes his goals are important, but would be replaced and added to by other players goals if he did these things.

Quite right it's purely just good business. That money in sparky's hands would go along way.

374825[/snapback]

It would but what about the risks in spending that money. We spent £5mil on Bellamy hoping he would get goals and he can't because he spents 90% of the time injured. Is it worth the risk swapping someone who we know will get goals and stay fit and be a key part of the team for trying to find someone who will do the same job but cheaper. This doesn't sound like a progressing team to me? We need to keep our best layers and keep them performing if we want to improve not cash in on them like we have done in the past.

Quite right it's purely just good business. That money in sparky's hands would go along way.

374825[/snapback]

And after about 2 matches we'd be complaining we don't have a left footed midfielder. Decent ones aren't exactly common.

Or do you think Peter can be expected to shoulder that responsibility every week?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.