BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Italian Refereeing Scandal

Taking a look at their current squads, here are some players we could try to get, if they are relegated:

AC Milan

DF Marek JANKULOVSKI

DF Kakha KALADZE

DF Dario SIMIC

MF Johann VOGEL

MF Clarence SEEDORF

MF Massimo AMBROSINI

Juventus

DF Robert Kovac

DF Jonathan Zebina

MF Ruben Olivera

FW Marcelo Danubio Zalayeta

Fiorentina

GK Sebastien FREY

MF Stefano FIORE

FW Valeri BOJINOV

Lazio

DF Massimo ODDO

DF Luciano Zauri

MF Stefano MAURI

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to italian news tv, here are the possible sanctions for the involved teams:

Juventus: seria B with points deduction

AC MIlan: seria A with points deduction

Lazio and Fiorentina probably Seria B

Juve will probably lose the last 2 titles but it is not sure AC Milan will win them.

According to italian news tv, here are the possible sanctions for the involved teams:

Juventus: seria B with points deduction

AC MIlan: seria A with points deduction

Lazio and Fiorentina probably Seria B

Juve will probably lose the last 2 titles but it is not sure AC Milan will win them.

Interesting to see that they are public opinion testing the punishments before giving them out.

Wonder if the points deductions are retrospective or for the coming season.

If retrospective, presumably that leaves Inter with the Title and AC out of Europe next season.

If for the coming season, it could mean AC are fighting relegation and Juve are alol but certain not to win promotion from Serie B.

Of course, UEFA and FIFA might wish to join in the punishment fun and ban these clubs from international competition for a length of time. After the England ban in the '80s, that is the least I'd expect.

Didn't Fiorentina get dumped out of the football league and a new club set up which was promptly re-instated into Serie B for no good reason except they were once a big club and someone up amongst the powers that be had a fondness for them?

Exactly...In just few years,Fiorentina came back to Serie A in a very strange way:changing the name,helped by referees & promoted for the 'glorious past'(?)...

I'm italian & I can tell that the whole italian society,not talking only about football,is a scandal...

I feel lucky that,since I was a child,I supported B'burn Rvs & loved just English Football,but I'm smiling thinking of people around here who was always proud about 'Italian Football' in general...

*B'burn Rvs my life*

Sienna, Reggina and Empoli are reported to be in bother as well. More players to look at if true.

Currently Serie B clubs Messina, Lecce and Arezzo are being investigated as well.

Edited by philipl

Former Juventus player Gianluca Pessotto was in a serious condition after falling from a window at the club's headquarters, the Juventus press office said. Pessotto, who took up the post of Juventus's sports director at the end of last season after 11 years with the team, was taken to hospital in Turin. The defender, who made 22 appearances for Italy, was a regular starter during one of the most successful periods in Juventus's history, winning six Serie A titles and the 1996 Champions League. Italy captain and Juventus defender Fabio Cannavaro walked out of a news conference at the Azzurri's World Cup training camp when he heard the news of Pessotto's fall

Former Juventus player Gianluca Pessotto was in a serious condition after falling from a window at the club's headquarters, the Juventus press office said. Pessotto, who took up the post of Juventus's sports director at the end of last season after 11 years with the team, was taken to hospital in Turin. The defender, who made 22 appearances for Italy, was a regular starter during one of the most successful periods in Juventus's history, winning six Serie A titles and the 1996 Champions League. Italy captain and Juventus defender Fabio Cannavaro walked out of a news conference at the Azzurri's World Cup training camp when he heard the news of Pessotto's fall

Starting to sound rather like the mafia have got involved in this football scandal. Could have the makings of a Hollywood blockbuster before long! B)B)

Slightly off topic but i've been wondering about this... Does anyone know why italians are called Waps or Wops??? I know its an insult but what does it mean?

For "wops", check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wop#W.

I always understood it to mean "Without Papers", because I first came across the term in an American historical paper, but it's a bit more complex than that.

Agence France Presse reported that police said Pessotto, who was appointed to the post only last month, climbed onto the window sill of his office, holding a set of rosary beads, and jumped off, bouncing off one car and onto another.

He was treated on the scene almost immediately and then taken by ambulance to the Le Molinette hospital suffering from multiple fractures.

Juventus press officer Marco Girotto said from the hospital that Pessotto's life was not in danger.

According to Italian news agency ANSA he had been on his own in his office at the club at the time of his fall.

I think we can defo rule out martin Jørgensen as a possible candidate for rovers.

1) He loves living in italy

2) He has stated that after italy he is going home to denmark

3) dont think he would win over at lot of rovers fans. I for one find him annoying to watch when playing for the national team. Always makes the wrong decisions - holds on to the ball for too long, shoots when he should pass etc.

there are better options otuthere... not least in those lists....

Would love to have valerij bojinov - but seriously doubt hed come too=(

Edited by brfcjon

I put horses' heads in people's beds

cause I am the mob

When duty calls gonna bust some balls

cause I am the mob

Don't try and tell me it's not one for the money, two for the money, three for the money

Am I your Easter bunny?

Come on

I try my level best, my best to please

But I'm gonna put a bullet between your knees

Baby come on, oh just tell them

Stop blowing the Don, put his kecks back on

cause I am the mob

Stop mucking around with a brand new sound

cause I am the mob

Don't try and tell me it's not one for the money, two for the money, three for the money

Am I your Easter bunny?

Come on, oh baby come on

I'll try my level best, my best to please

But I'm gonna put a bullet between your knees

Baby come on, just please tell them

That Luca Brasi ah he sleeps with the fishes

Luca Brasi ah he sleeps with the fishes

Luca Brasi ah he sleeps with the fishes, missus

Oh tell them, just tell them

Luca Brasi ah he sleeps with the fishes, missus

Ah Luca Brasi ah he sleeps with the fishes

I am the mob

Go to The Sunday Times

Tuesday, July 4, 2006

Breaking News

You can't try me, key defendant tells Italy tribunal

[04/07/2006 - 12:05]

The first day of questioning in Italy's biggest soccer trial began with one of the most high-profile defendants arguing he should play no further part in proceedings. The lawyer representing former Italian Football Federation (FIGC) official Paolo Bergamo announced that his client had surrendered his membership of the FIGC and was not therefore liable to be tried by the sports tribunal. Bergamo used to conduct the draw that assigned referees to Serie A matches. 'This morning Bergamo has taken the difficult decision to resign from the FIGC after 40 years of activity,' said Gaetano Scalise. Scalise criticised the tribunal's decision to allow intercepted telephone calls to be used as evidence and attacked the 'media circus' around the trial. Bergamo has been at the heart of the scandal since telephone intercepts revealed him discussing refereeing appointments with former Juventus general manager Luciano Moggi during the 2004-05 season. Four clubs - champions Juventus, AC Milan, Fiorentina and Lazio - as well as 26 officials face charges of sporting fraud and unfair conduct at the trial in Rome's Olympic Stadium. Clubs risk being thrown out of the top Serie A league and European competition if found guilty of conspiring with refereesto rig matches. Individuals face bans.

From the Times of Malta

Italian football federation prosecutor Stefano Palazzi asked for this penalties:

Juventus: seria C1 with 6 points deduction (for the next season, I assume), loses 2005 title and the 2006 won't be "accepted"

AC MIlan- last place in the league, seria B and 3 points deduction

Fiorentina and Lazio - Seria B and 15 points deduction.

He wants a lot of penalties for the indivuals as well.

If this happens, Inter are champions.

Another positive side:

since this teams won't be in European competitions next year, Inter and Roma will secure a direct place in Champions league, Chievo and Palermo will be in the 3rd qualifying round for the CL and Livorno and maybe Parma will be in Uefa Cup.

This will make italian participation in the Uefa Cup weaker which could be good for Rovers.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.