BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Upcoming 360 Games

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may buy Star wars then when as you say i can pick it up fairly cheap.

Does anybody know what new games we can expect to hit the shelves in the next fortnight? Not all the games but just some big titles.

The Godfather, NHL 07 and Tiger Woods 07 will all be hitting shelves by the end of next week.

What is this 'Just Cause' about?

NHL 07 will have to be added to my gaming collection. I can't stand watching Ice Hockey but just love the NHL series on any console i've played it on.

I like the sound of this ''Just Cause''. I think i may have to buy it or maybe rent it first and see if its upto much.

I'm looking forward to Fifa 07 but we have to wait longer for the 360 version compared to the other platforms which IMO is a bit strange. they did the same with Madden 07 but that were only delayed for a fortnight.

Just cause looks pretty decent, the aim is basicly you are an agent of some sort trying to overthrow a Government. It has that GTA free Roaming Element to it but to give you an idea of how big the map is it is about 10 times the size of San Andreas and 3 times the size of Oblivion.

Its not a game thats going to be famed for realisem and the main charachter seems a little bit wooden in his movement. But playing the demo it seems fun.

XBOX Live unplugged is out today. but only has 6 poxy games on it

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe someone will release a proper joystick for it. Actually, isn't there already an arcade stick for Dead or Alive on 360?

The only slightly offputting thing for me is that it's developed by Kuju, which is hardly a guarantee of quality. Still, if all they're doing is porting the Amiga game and giving it a HD widescreen mode, they can hardly go wrong. I could quite easily give Pro Evo a miss with this on the horizon.

Bought Madden 07 a few days ago and I have to say that it is a great game. It is a blow not to have Madden in it, but the commentary is less obvious and probably better for it, no sports game, no matter who they have do it, can not become annoying after a few hours of play. The graphics are great and the gameplay itself is really good. Still quite a few things that could be improved, but overall it is worth buying and for anyone who has ever liked Madden or any American Football game I would think that you will enjoy it.

I bought Madden 07 on release day Eddie and I love the game so much. I haven't even touched the franchise mode though. Superstar mode is where it's at! The game is worth getting just for the superstar mode imo. It's a bit disappointing not to have Madden in there but to be fair, I haven't missed him much. The commentary you get is decent enough while it's more fun to hear the players interact on the field. It's just great to put a huge hit on someone and hear your player talking it up afterwards :D

I bothered to have a look at Marketplace last night and noticed a whole heap of new demos and videos on there.

Of the things I've tried / looked at so far,

Sonic Demo - Don't bother, it's pap.

Smackdown Vs Raw 2007 - Looks stunning and everything is visually correct. I have found it too difficult however and cannot really get into it. Whenever I attack I get blocked and as soon as you hit the mat a prompt says "press any button repeatedly". Well you seen to break the buttons and still nothing happens! I'm sure I'll get into it eventually.

Nice to see Doom (the original PC version) has made it onto Live. You can even play in multiplayer. Don't think I'll bother buying it though.

Video for Shrek 3 game - Definately aimed at kids, looks rubbish.

Video montage of arcade games coming to Marketplace. Some nice stuff, nothing especially exciting apart from the 2 stills mentioning Sensible Soccer due ealry 2007.

Trailer for Assassins Creed - Looks very much like a prince of persia style free roaming platformer. Maybe of some interest but doesn't really float my boat.

I am currently downloading the demo of F.E.A.R. - not sure why as I already have the PC version. Still it's great on the PC and I want to see what it's like on the 360.

There's loads more on there including a trailer of PGR4 and Halo Wars (whatever that may be)

Edited by Biddy

Just finished the first level demo of F.E.A.R. and it is every bit as good as the PC version. Still very freaky and the graphics are excellent.

I just cannot play FPS games on a console. After playing FPS games for years on the PC I am all over the place with the controls when playing on a console.

PC for FPS, RTS, RPG and adventure games

console for racing, sports, 3rd person (GTA, lego star wars) and platform games

both can now boast very good online gaming thanks to the 360 and xbox live

• 4 weeks later...

Playing Bomberman Act Zero at the moment and really enjoying it. Not as quirky as the original PC/SNES/Megadrive versions but still fun.

Haven't played it online yet but I reckon that will make for the best games.

Can't stand the loading and going back to the main menu every time you die though.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone got gears of war yet? Mine arrived in post today. Awesome, awesome game. Incredible visuals and fun gameplay! Online is good too, except i'm crap online. I die alot in single player too but it's hard not to!

If you do get it then play through it at hardcore difficulty, it's a good challenge and is great fun. If your using a crt tv then i wouldn't suggest getting it unless you have a massive tv!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.