SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pes 6

Guest Kamy100

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't have a problem with penalties, but does anyone else find the master league ridiculously hard? I have played 12 games now and only scored 1 goal, though I have only let in about 6 and have drawn 8/10 games, just can't seem to score or win. All of my players are too slow and not good enough to do anything.

I was online last night with it and loads of people were complaining that they keep getting disconnected - me included.

I stuck the old Pro Evo on just to check and that worked fine.

They must be having a problem with their servers or something :huh:

Some subtle improvements over version 5 for me, but nothing major.

Anyone else finding a little too easy unless you set it to the highest level.

I started a League and put the difficulty at professional - I'm 10 games in and I've Won 9 and lost 1. Goals for is 37 and against is 1 !!! The game I lost was 1-0 and I had two goals ruled out for hand ball and must have hit the woodwork five times!

Still a great game though!

Are these for the 360? how do i get them onto my xbox if they are? if not then anyone got any links for it?

If you had read the last few posts you would have seen that no, these are for the PS2.

There is no editor on the 360 for some reason so...

I started a League and put the difficulty at professional - I'm 10 games in and I've Won 9 and lost 1. Goals for is 37 and against is 1 !!! The game I lost was 1-0 and I had two goals ruled out for hand ball and must have hit the woodwork five times!

i've only played against mates so far but i find if on stats they are a better team and they have pace in their side it's well hard to defend against and the roll of the ball always goes their way!!! :angry:

i've only played against mates so far but i find if on stats they are a better team and they have pace in their side it's well hard to defend against and the roll of the ball always goes their way!!! :angry:

The best PES yet - bit gutted you cant fanny about in the area waiting for a penalty! I also seem to pick up yellow cards very quickly.

Does anyone know a link to all the hidden player tricks?

as i am poor can't afford the xbox 360 and still have the basic xbox, does anyone know if the PES 6 is out on that yet or not?

I didnt think they were bringing PES out on the XBOX - Guess its to try and make you buy a 360. Then again, you could trade your xbox for a ps2 to play pes :tu:

UPDATE: I'm now 20 games and W18 D1 L1 scoring 63 goals and only conceding 5.

Maybe its me, but even by putting the difficulty level up its still not that hard. If I break through in either channel I can score from where the D intersects the penalty area almost every time.

Thing is, despite hours and hours of practice I was never particularly that good at PES5!

Yeah but who do you play with? Real Madrid or someone with the actual players?

I was playing as Arsenal with no modifications. Just in a standard league mode (not master league).

I have tried as Rovers and although a little more difficult I can still score exactly the same goal.

I'm not sure if its a flaw in the game (hence why I posted), and as I've played more it only seems to happen in the left channel (as your attacking). What seems to happen is that when the ball is played up to your LH CF there is one defender tight on him but a huge space behind. You simply knock the ball past him into the space and your away, as you reach the edge of the penalty area (the keeper will begin to come off his line) hit the ball with a fair bit of power and top right after touch and nine times out of ten it will scream into the top right corner.

Has anyone else tried or noticed this, or maybe its just me thats finally managed to master a computer game after years of trying :D

I was playing as Arsenal with no modifications. Just in a standard league mode (not master league).

I have tried as Rovers and although a little more difficult I can still score exactly the same goal.

I'm not sure if its a flaw in the game (hence why I posted), and as I've played more it only seems to happen in the left channel (as your attacking). What seems to happen is that when the ball is played up to your LH CF there is one defender tight on him but a huge space behind. You simply knock the ball past him into the space and your away, as you reach the edge of the penalty area (the keeper will begin to come off his line) hit the ball with a fair bit of power and top right after touch and nine times out of ten it will scream into the top right corner.

Has anyone else tried or noticed this, or maybe its just me thats finally managed to master a computer game after years of trying :D

I find it very hard. I havent played pes5 but was very fond of pes4. I simply cant get shot on target. fair bit of power you say. I just tap the shoot button ultra fast and it still blazes over. in pes 4 you could determine with it would be a hard shot or a placed shot with the way you moverd the stick but i cant get this to work either. Worst part is though how impossible it is to catch computer players when they run. I am playing with barca and not even etoo can keep up with the oposition players and get a takcle in. GRRR. When i do burst clear of the defenders my strikers will always hoof it over. Even if i hold the R2. Any tips. you seem to be rather good.

I am playing on top player level. (but its pretty much the same on pro level

I find it very hard. I havent played pes5 but was very fond of pes4. I simply cant get shot on target. fair bit of power you say. I just tap the shoot button ultra fast and it still blazes over. in pes 4 you could determine with it would be a hard shot or a placed shot with the way you moverd the stick but i cant get this to work either. Worst part is though how impossible it is to catch computer players when they run. I am playing with barca and not even etoo can keep up with the oposition players and get a takcle in. GRRR. When i do burst clear of the defenders my strikers will always hoof it over. Even if i hold the R2. Any tips. you seem to be rather good.

I am playing on top player level. (but its pretty much the same on pro level

What system are you playing on PS2, 360 or PC? I'm playing the PS2 version.

I would agree with you that when you break through it's quite easy to balloon the ball over the bar, especially as you get closer to goal and the angle narrows. I've found that hitting the ball just outside or on the edge of the penalty area gives better results, more often than not the ball will be on target. I press the shoot button for what i would say is a medium power shot then move the directional pad towards the opposite corner, back towards you in the opposite direction and then back towards the corner again and it seems to make the ball accelerate as it travels, try it a few times in free trainning to get the hang of it. It only seems to work on a regular basis in the Left Hand channel though.

I must say, that as the season has gone on I'm still top of the table and have only lost one game, but it has got more difficult for some reason. I'm drawing more games now and only winning 1-0 and 2-1 where as before it was 3-0 and 4-0 every game. Over the season the majority of goals that I have scored have been from outside or the edge of the area, very few tap ins or headers (other than from corners). Also 30 matches in I'm yet to be awarded a penalty!

As I said I was at best OK at PES5 but seem to find PES6 easier.

The keepers are mental on the new game. They slide along the floor taking the ball out for a corner and sometimes even into their own net. Some shots go straight at them and they punch them into their goal :blink:

Guess the makers have been watching the Alan Fettis school of Goalkeeping DVD :D

Still a top game though :tu:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.