BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] What Is Your View Of The Worst Away Fixture?

I went to the Cambridge game too. Well, I say I went, I took the train down and as the frost was so bad the train couldn't go at normal speed. I got into Cambridge half way through the 1st half and got into the ground 5 mins before half time. (The game was called off at half time!)

Anyone forgetting Luton? Class A dump and it's like playing in an allotment!

Loftus Road before being rebuilt was something else. Open stand, zero facilities, ground a sticky bog of cloying London clay.

Altogether now: "Rochdale's ground is better than this."

Selhurst Park is a particular dump even though geographically it is the closest ground to our home in London after Fulham/Chelsea.

Palace is the worst i've been to rememebr playing Wimbeldon bout 93 and we got stuffed took 8 hours to get there and same back. big falling out by car passengers cause the driver wanted to leave early. Only a few Scandinavians to drink with before the game.

Boro old ground was a dump and very dangerous as was Sunderland.

Mike

Remember going to Molin....Molyn....Mollin...err, Wolves` ground in the 80`s before it`s redevelopement :o . One big terrace behind the goal with both sets of fans separated by a cage. One new stand approximately 300yds from touchline & two ricketty old wooden stands closed to the public. A real shed of a ground. :(

Villa. Despite it being the easiest for me to get to (since Birmingham got relegated), I hate the place.

The facilities are crap, there are more empty seats than even we have and the away stand is too shallow.

Get a seat anywhere near the goal and you can't see a bloody thing.

Absolute garbage!

Simon :brfc:

Not the worst but certainly the coldest has to be the Reebok. Remember going there a few years back when Craig Short scored in the 96th minute. All the crowd around me stood up as Rovers came forward. I was in such a hypothermic slump that I'd lost the will to move and missed the goal!

I went to the Cambridge game too. Well, I say I went, I took the train down and as the frost was so bad the train couldn't go at normal speed. I got into Cambridge half way through the 1st half and got into the ground 5 mins before half time. (The game was called off at half time!)

Nobody I know got to that game on time. The stand must have been empty up until 5 mins before it got called off!

Worst ground is Everton for facilities - appalling seats and view for a so-called big club. Also it was the scene of my worst experience in a football ground, the saeson we won the league. We played at Goodison towards the end of the season and we failed to get away fans tickets because of the demand. I took advice from an Everton fan at work and got tickets and got seats behind the goal at the Park End - I was assured we would be fine there. I was with my brother and my two sons, then 11 and 9. Admittedly, as Rovers scored after 30 seconds and then 5 minutes we were unable to conceal our identities, but were then subject to the most horrendous abuse by two blokes sat next to us - one of them was screaming into my 9 year old's face for 20 minutes solid - he was terrified.

Speaking of trips to abandoned games I remember back in the early 70s travelling from Sheffield (where I was a student) to Bolton twice for a cup game that was postponed when I got there.

My worst experience was at Wembley stadium. Two hours with my shins up against the sharp edge of the plastic seat in front of me with my knees in my earholes. It's a wonder I didn't get deep vein thrombosis. Easyjet is a doddle after that!

Apart from that I needed a mortgage to buy a coke and a hot dog. Thank god they knocked the place down. :angry:

Only time I've ever been to Everton was when we secured our premiership status and so I didn't really care that the ground was rubbish. It was though and I'd agree that where they sit the away fans is worse than a lot of lower division grounds.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.