BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bayer Leverkeusen

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I stayed in Bratislava when we went over to see northern ireland v austria in vienna, as i was checking into the hotel, there were about 20 northern ireland fans in the hotel bar singing we're not brazil we're northern ireland, when about 10 of bratislavas SAS (police...but they were wearing balaclavas, bulletproofs and carrying big guns!) came in to stop the party!

The following night a slovakian supporter (dont know if he was a hooligan) was killed by russian hooligans (the two were playing in the WCQ's in bratislava)

Sounds familiar. I was there with England when we won 2-1 and the same masked police stormed our end waving batons at anyone and everyone, including women and kids. Two England fans were shot the night before the game. Luckily, they lived. Not a place for the feint hearted - good trip though, all in all.

One thing I would say to everyone is that the German police are by far the best I have seen at dealing with football crowds and potential 'problem matches'. I was over there for the England 5-1 in Munich, spent three weeks at last summer's World Cup and have been to a few domestic games over there - the police were absolutely superb every time.

They have experienced huge hooligan problems in their domestic league and the battle for the police is still going on (particularly in the lower leagues) but they do a fantastic job. They have a policy of being freindley and understanding as opposed to other nations (anyone been to Slovakia!?!) who have a zero tolerance policy.

You'll also find that German people are a very welcoming and friendley bunch. I know a lot of people who were over there for the World Cup who would now think twice before launching into a rendition of "10 German bombers". They returned with much better impressions of Germany than they prior to their trip.

I was over for the 1/4 final v Portugal and thought the German police and people were fantastic, cant wait for this trip

So, as a non-season ticket holder with one away trip, I would realistically get a ticket if I'd sent in an application a bit earlier?

I think judging by what Lee has said, maybe if you tried you might still get one!

im shocked we havent sold out i thought tickets would have all gone by at latest stage 2

how wrong i was!!

they were sold out after arsenal game the ticket office told me when i went to hand an application in

then a week later i was told there was still some left :unsure:

Who's on the weds morning (7:20am) flight from Liverpool to Cologne then? There's about 15 of us..... :)

Also, anyone know if we'll have to pay the fuel surcharge?

Cheers,

SS

No, its only for flights booked before the 6th Dec.

I booked our flights immediately after the draw and have had no communications from Easyje that we have to pay anything extra.

I think you'll find Easyjet's policy is to "hope" customers will stump up the extra tax. Wish I was going to be at Liverpool that day! :)

Archived