BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bayer Leverkeusen

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have it on good authority that there will be some sort of "park" area that is being set aside for Rovers supporters on the Wednesday as a meeting point. I will try and find out more later today at work.

Ruined my day the last time, never again :angry:

We were based in Rotterdam, had a hotel in the town centre. Went for a few drinks in the afternoon, went up to the Oude Haven area around 3pm-ish, had a couple in the Weisse Building bar opposite were the majority of Rovers fans were. We decided to go back to the Indonesian Restaurant we had seen earlier at around five o'clock but before we left I asked a couple of coppers what time they expected the free buses to leave for the ground. They were not sure, but said around 6 to 7pm. So we went and had a 22 course banquet (no kidding), loads more ale and wine and wandered back to find the Harbour area on lock down and without any booze since we left!

Result.

Moral of the story?

The Germans are a little more relaxed than the Dutch police. Well, a LOT. Mainly because Leverkeusen is unlikely to have the same sort of hooligannery (yes I made that word up) than Rotterdam. And those Germans do like their beer! Also, they'll be confident after the World Cup last year. Still, maybe better safe than sorry? Any Germans want to comment on this?

further update

I have today found out that the meeting area has been suggested in leverkusen to keep certain trouble makers who it is believed will be condcuting themselves like they did in Amsterdam. A small pocket of Rovers fans saw fit to put our name thru the mud by creating problems in both Amsterdam and Rotterdam and the local police do not want this to happen.

It is known those who are repsonsible and all efforts are going to be made to detain this lot as they arrive in Germany ! So if your one of the few who did cause trouble be aware, you may have a ticket for the game by unorthodox means and you may have travel arrangements, you might just be getting nicked whenver you arrive in Germany !!

further update

I have today found out that the meeting area has been suggested in leverkusen to keep certain trouble makers who it is believed will be condcuting themselves like they did in Amsterdam. A small pocket of Rovers fans saw fit to put our name thru the mud by creating problems in both Amsterdam and Rotterdam and the local police do not want this to happen.

It is known those who are repsonsible and all efforts are going to be made to detain this lot as they arrive in Germany ! So if your one of the few who did cause trouble be aware, you may have a ticket for the game by unorthodox means and you may have travel arrangements, you might just be getting nicked whenver you arrive in Germany !!

Why are they not having their passports removed before leaving this country - as happened extensively before the World Cup? Those powers are still in place.

Seeing as you (and therefore presumably your colleagues) have identified the problem element, surely they should be prevented from travelling at all?

And if they do get to Germany, now you've announced to the world that the local cops want to coop these people up in Leverkusen - well - guess what - the people they want to round up there aren't going to show up!

:wstu:

further update

Interestingly enough myself a few other members of this very board spent many hours drinking both the night before, and in the hours leading up to the game, with several very prominent 'risk' supporters and we never saw a bit of trouble from them the entire time. So I'm a little puzzled by your comments 1864?

No saying it didn't happen, just a little puzzled as to when they could have found the opportunity?

Our bus from Rottterdam Centraal to the ferry terminal was held up extensively as the police were looking for specific people due to be on said bus, for what I never found out but I don't think the coppers were giving them a medal for good behaviour.

Cologne and Leverkusen will be great.

And unlike the last shambles, the trains will go where they're meant to, when they're meant to, and the arrangements will all run like clockwork.

And there will be the right number of seats for the number of fans in the ground. We might even be allowed to go for "comfort breaks" as and when required!

To be honest despite many 'risk supporters' being present in Amsterdam and Rotterdam, I didnt see one ounce of trouble,obviously that doesn't mean there wasn't but, i'm sure anything that happened wouldn't warrant people being stopped travelling. Passports can only be withdrawn if the person is subject to a banning order, also if stopped at the airport then police have to apply for a banning order, meaning evidence must already be in place.

Archived