BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Bentley

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I still wouldn't have Lennon. He beat Evra time and time again on Sunday and time and time again rolled it along the ground to the near post centre half. It's not just that his final ball is wayward, he physically cannot cross. Up in the air, in the general direction of the box - that's a cross. He tries to get to the byline and pull it back along the ground - great if you and your team mate have got up there on the counter, not great if there's three opposition players waiting in the box.

Sprinter not a Footballer. No thanks.

No, we have Keith Andrews after all - why would we possibly want Lennon <_<

In one of the Sunday papers there was a story about Bentley going to Villa in the summer, I was talking to a Villa fan that I work with and told him him it would be a good move if the money was right as Martin O Neil could probly get the best out of him.

he's wayyy to slow for villa, they play fast pace counter attack. bentley is more suited to a liverpool kind of team.

slow build up and trying to find that perfect ball.

mark my words, him to villa is the worst possible move. he'll ruin the villa team and probably his own career for good.

I said last summer Rovers should insist that Lennon was part of the deal : they wanted our player so we should have refused to let Bentley go unless they let us have Lennon as a replacement.

You of course had already contacted Lennon and his agent to see that such a deal was acceptable to the both of them and also to find out their remuneration requirements? :rolleyes:

Oddly I didn't have you down as an adolescent Championship manager geek Jim.

Just shows I can occasionally make a mistake.

I still wouldn't have Lennon. He beat Evra time and time again on Sunday and time and time again rolled it along the ground to the near post centre half. It's not just that his final ball is wayward, he physically cannot cross.

If that was indeed the case and if I was Arry then I'd be asking messrs Keane, Bent and Pavluchenko in no uncertain terms wtf one of em wasn't in front of the centre half and waiting at the near post every time Lennonr was skinning Evra. Bleedin bladdy obvious innit.

Bentley has lost his way and is an arrogant twit but there's still talent there.

Like Hughes, MON is the sort of manager who'd get the best out of him I reckon so he wouldn't be the worst signing we could make as we need another wide player.

Bentley's next move will probably be to Newcastle - a rest home for overrated and faded talents .

If Harry doesn't fancy him I doubt O'Neill will have him in a far better team .

It's good to see Lennon having a decent season . I'm not keen on any woofter who shaves their eyebrows but at least he's deflated Bentley's ego .....

Bentley's next move will probably be to Newcastle - a rest home for overrated and faded talents .

If Harry doesn't fancy him I doubt O'Neill will have him in a far better team .

It's good to see Lennon having a decent season . I'm not keen on any woofter who shaves their eyebrows but at least he's deflated Bentley's ego .....

Still slagging him off Phil. Your suggestion of selling him worked out well didn't it!

Selling Bentley hasn't been the cause of our problems. Would Bentley fetch anywhere near the fee that we sold him for? No. So only a 8/9 months on that looks a fantastic piece of business.

Pardon me? If Bentley had been right-wing from the start of the season and Emerton right-back we wouldn't have been significantly stronger? I realise Ince wouldn't have worked this out so of course it remains theoretical.

The problem was that Ince and Co thought Bentley would be easily replaced. Much as you do.

As he seems to think with every half decent player we have but never names names as to who he thinks would do the job, be available and come here at a price and wages we could afford with a temperament that would fit in. Mind you, there'd be nothing to fit in with if Eddie has his way because we'd be selling most of our team most seasons.

Archived