BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tonight's Reserve Squad.

den

Cheers, mate...I've got the fixtures , now.

I don't think my brother will run me to that one,but i like to go when we're at Morcambe,nice little ground.

Lincoln away in Pontins League Cup, let's hope we progress.I'll keep my eyes open for the result.

I'm still laughing at what someone said on here about the Bolton reserve game.."is it on eurosport".lmao.

So, next home game for reserves is Sheff United(Feb 19th)

If the reserves can produce talent like Matty Derbyshire , then why not.

I don't why, but everytime i see him, i'm reminded of Matty Jansen

I think it may be because even though he's very lightweight, he makes up for it in enthusiasm and just seems to have more energy that most of our other players (except Savage obviously).

Is Derbyshire the skiniest player in the Premiership?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'd say crouch is

I just get that feeling, i watched him in the reserves,knocking in a hat trick, i think Joe Garner got an hat trick that day, as well, and i wasn't sure how he would cope in the first team.On his debut, he looked so natural, and full of confidence,and full of enthusiasm.

I just think, like Matty Jansen, he will become a crowds favourite.He's done excellent to just burst into the first team. and make such an impact.

Tragic what happened to Jansen,but he'll always be special.

Not sayin I don't like Derbyshire just reckon the way he plays is quite different to Jansen.

Very much so. Jansen was an incredibly gifted technical footballer. From what I've seen of Derbyshire that isn't the case - not to Jansen's level at least. Along with that, Derbyshire looks to play off the shoulder of the last defender whereas Jansen often dropped deep for the ball.

Dude no offence but are you a moderator...

Leave it to the mods/admin to do the complaining. They had years of practice! :lol:

Somebody just pointed this out to me stating the hypocrisy of this post is astounding

2 points

1) When we want extra moderators we will ask for them, till then let them get on with it.

2) You really don't do yourself any favours at all, setting yourself up like this, and proving exactly why your posts require approval.

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ Jan 29 2007, 18:03 ) 485096[/snapback]

Somebody just pointed this out to me stating the hypocrisy of this post is astounding

2 points

1) When we want extra moderators we will ask for them, till then let them get on with it.

2) You really don't do yourself any favours at all, setting yourself up like this, and proving exactly why your posts require approval.

FFS give it a rest man!

Anyone would think that he had committed blasphemy or insulted royalty.

Rovers lost 3-2 after taking a 2-0 lead. :(

Snap, but cheers anyway.

'Boro away next, then Sheff united at home(Morcambe)

I love Rovers,and the reserve team are important too.

I'm waiting for the Telegraph report, later on.

I think it was De vitta who gott both Rovers goals(one from spot).

I think it's quite debatable how much our youth setup contributed to Derbyshire becoming the first teamer he is now.

As I understand it he'd already shown plenty at Gt Harwood Town, and it was only 3 or so years ago we snapped him up.

Raffaelle De Vita seems like an interesting player, has anyone seen him much? Matty's speedy climb towards a starting spot for us has given me back some of the confidence in the youth set up, maybe even too much ;)

Apparentley, he was born in Rome, and came through the academy , and burst into the resrve team at the end of the 2005/06 season, scoring 6 goals in 8 appearances.

Theres a pic of him on official site.

I'm disappoined, i an't see to find a report on last nights match in the Telegraph,i wish they give the reserves a bit more attention.They could give them half of the Burnley page.

I think it's quite debatable how much our youth setup contributed to Derbyshire becoming the first teamer he is now.

As I understand it he'd already shown plenty at Gt Harwood Town, and it was only 3 or so years ago we snapped him up.

I think scoring in the 'North West Counties League', then a few years later scoring in the Premiership should help confirm that we're doing something right.

Sorry, I wasn't very clear. I've no doubt we're doing something right, I just didn't think it was much to do with the Youth setup. Didn't he go almost directly to the reserves? Not to mention the loan spell at Wrexham?

I'm sure we've done very well with him, just not sure it was the Academy/Youth Team that can take the credit.

I wasn't very clear either, the question originally came because I wanted to hear more about De Vita, whose stats (for what it's worth) for the reserves looks good, even in comparison to Derbyshire's statistics. I haven't seen more than a few RW clips myself, but he seems to attract some nice reviews on the official site.

Raffaelle De Vita seems like an interesting player, has anyone seen him much? Matty's speedy climb towards a starting spot for us has given me back some of the confidence in the youth set up, maybe even too much ;)

His contract expires this summer but hopefully Rovers'll offer him a new deal because his goal record for the reserves is impressive and after an injury blighted season this time, it would be imprudent to let him go imo.

Reserves have no game tomorrow, we should of been playing 'Boro, but 'Boro are involved in a cup replay,so it's having to be re-scheduled.

It's nice to see the Rovers ladies doing well.They've been drawn at home to either Cardiff or Leeds for the quarter finals of their Fa Cup(Sunday 11th February).They beat Chelsea 3-2 in the last round.

I thought they are worth a mention.

His contract expires this summer but hopefully Rovers'll offer him a new deal because his goal record for the reserves is impressive and after an injury blighted season this time, it would be imprudent to let him go imo.

The precedent that we have offered our top scorers for the reserves contracts bodes well for him. Johnson, Gallagher, Garner and Derbyshire all got professional deals. As the wage would be absolutely peanuts in the grander scheme of things I would be amazed if we let the young lad go even if he didn't look that promising.

Archived