BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 1 West Ham 2

same as everton and bolton a few years back ....NOWT

ITS GONE NOW .

Agree Abbey its gone but it shouldn't be forgotten - not that I'm saying they should play the game again... . we lost end of, maybe controversially but hey ho!

However, imo its just being swept under the carpet yet what happened was typical of how bad the officiating is in the game and not just this match and justification of why the whole officiating needs a major overhaul - and I don't mean just by bringing in video replays.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have this funny feeling that we have not heard the last of this debacle. Consider the position after the last game of the season is over, and West Ham just escape relegation by one or two points, and one, two or even three clubs are relegated by anything within 2 points. Or Rovers fail to qualify for EUAFA place by 1 or 2 points. In either or both these cases there is going to be such a furore in the media and from the clubs affected. What will be the outcome then?

Outcome: If Man City/Fulham go down by 1 point and West ham escape, media furore. If charlton/watford are affected, perhaps minor grumblings. If Sheff Utd fall victim, Warnock goes nuts. But again, not much media attention.

If we miss the European cut by 1 point, nothing heard in the media.

I'm sure I posted it earlier but if not I'll tell you again. Jim Devine has told me personally that he has a very high regard for BRFC. We have a good reputation among all refs and linesmen for treating officials properly when they come to Ewood, unlike some clubs which do not ( no, he didn't name them) And 6 of our fans at least, me, my husband and 4 kids, he does care for as he has to meet us face to face at family gatherings unless he avoids them,which he can't do forever. If you've ever met me in a bad mood or what's worse my daughter, Emily, then you'd know that he would be quaking in his boots at the thought of our next meeting.

Im sure I posted it earlier, but I couldnt give a @#/? - a string of utterly appalling decisions from that man cost us that match. He should loose his badge for that.

He was a disgrace to his profession by his catalogue of mistakes. He should close all his dates with the FA for the remainder of the season and step down at the end of it.

I've also said all along that it was a disgracefully incompetent display and I'd be quite happy if he never ran the line again. The thing is, I am able to separate the performance from the personal and large numbers of the fans on here seem determined to see the incompetence as a conspiracy against Rovers, a plot to keep West Ham in the prem or something else suspicious when it was nothing of the sort; It was just an all-round poor performance from a guy who was due to retire 2 seasons ago but has kept on passing the fitness tests and has therefore been allowed to stay on the Prem list.

I've also said all along that it was a disgracefully incompetent display and I'd be quite happy if he never ran the line again. The thing is, I am able to separate the performance from the personal and large numbers of the fans on here seem determined to see the incompetence as a conspiracy against Rovers, a plot to keep West Ham in the prem or something else suspicious when it was nothing of the sort; It was just an all-round poor performance from a guy who was due to retire 2 seasons ago but has kept on passing the fitness tests and has therefore been allowed to stay on the Prem list.

How old is he?

Its not his fitness that is in question, its his decision making, observation and interpretation of the laws.

I stand by earlier statement, if that is "the best he can do" he should disappear gracefully by closing his dates this season and standing down.

I think you're being a bit harsh Stu.

Shall we be calling for Tugay to stop playing the next time he has one bad game?

some people already do of course.

But the issue is very different here, and much more longstanding than this match.

I think you're being a bit harsh Stu.

Shall we be calling for Tugay to stop playing the next time he has one bad game?

If Tugay scored 3 goals for the opposition, went into their dressing room at half time to get his orders and then got sent off I think we might. That's the equivalent of the ineptitude/corruption we're seeing here.

As someone else had famously said about them "FOR GOD'S SAKE GO!"

I know the results of an official having a bad game are worse than a player having a bad game, but I was just trying to make the point along the lines of; If a player has a bad game it doesn't mean he no longer has the ability to play football. By that logic, if Mr. Devine officiates his next game perfectly, is he the best linesman in the game?

I know the results of an official having a bad game are worse than a player having a bad game, but I was just trying to make the point along the lines of; If a player has a bad game it doesn't mean he no longer has the ability to play football. By that logic, if Mr. Devine officiates his next game perfectly, is he the best linesman in the game?

If you were a lawyer and gave advice which resulted in your client losing millions, you could expect to be fired and the company sued. That's the analogy.

It depends if you subscribe to the "an official is only as good as his last game" mentality.

Which is of course narrow minded in the extreme.

I wonder what the reaction would have been had the game been Arse v Chelskia, Scum v Pool etc etc

Of course there is a conspiracy against so-called small clubs. It begins at the highest level e.g. FIFA and continues on downwards, commonly called "jobs for the boys".

I remember the best English manager there has never been, Brian Clough, not being chosen because of his willigness to speak the truth.

If you doubt what I'm saying answer one simple question:

Who chooses the people who choose?

i.e. Who chooses the people who run the game?

In my 50 years of following the Rovers I've never been asked.

I live in Berlin and was here when the Wall came down - but there are many walls still in place.

Again for doubters, witness the vote of a New Zealand delegate in the world cup decision for 2006.

What really hurts me is that, obviously, as a lover of the game and financer* of the game, I would like, and should have a say as to how it is run.

We need a grassroots revolution - lets march on the offices of Blatter and other parasites tomorrow.

* e.g. tickets, every product I buy that advertises on Sky etc etc includes what I call a "private" tax i.e. the costs for running the adverts.

Where do you think Sky etc get their money from.. a local tree fertilised by the outpourings of Blatter et al?

No we pay for this and have absolutely no say as to how it is spent. Considering that .. How about a footy tax and free entry for real fans. At least in this context we are offered an occasional vote.

I'm still annoyed at decisions in the West Ham game,, it obviously wasn't direct match fixing (see Italian League - World Champions no less!) but it fits into the whole fascist structure that we true fans find ourselves in.. the Germans didn't recognise that in 1933 and we don't recognise the utterly unacceptable structures that run OUR game. As I said financed by us - and, of course, suckers who buy the products but don't like footy :)

I wonder what the reaction would have been had the game been Arse v Chelskia, Scum v Pool etc etc

Of course there is a conspiracy against so-called small clubs. It begins at the highest level e.g. FIFA and continues on downwards, commonly called "jobs for the boys".

I remember the best English manager there has never been, Brian Clough, not being chosen because of his willigness to speak the truth.

If you doubt what I'm saying answer one simple question:

Who chooses the people who choose?

i.e. Who chooses the people who run the game?

In my 50 years of following the Rovers I've never been asked.

I live in Berlin and was here when the Wall came down - but there are many walls still in place.

Again for doubters, witness the vote of a New Zealand delegate in the world cup decision for 2006.

What really hurts me is that, obviously, as a lover of the game and financer* of the game, I would like, and should have a say as to how it is run.

We need a grassroots revolution - lets march on the offices of Blatter and other parasites tomorrow.

* e.g. tickets, every product I buy that advertises on Sky etc etc includes what I call a "private" tax i.e. the costs for running the adverts.

Where do you think Sky etc get their money from.. a local tree fertilised by the outpourings of Blatter et al?

No we pay for this and have absolutely no say as to how it is spent. Considering that .. How about a footy tax and free entry for real fans. At least in this context we are offered an occasional vote.

I'm still annoyed at decisions in the West Ham game,, it obviously wasn't direct match fixing (see Italian League - World Champions no less!) but it fits into the whole fascist structure that we true fans find ourselves in.. the Germans didn't recognise that in 1933 and we don't recognise the utterly unacceptable structures that run OUR game. As I said financed by us - and, of course, suckers who buy the products but don't like footy :)

Maybe a bit more extreme but somebody else on my way of thinking (inc Stu Wilky)

Le Chuck its not the first time for this guy and its not just him - on the 2nd point if a player has a bad game or a few bad games he tends to get dropped and even mor lose his place in a stating line up. Your comparison is not even close.

Gumboots - Personally, to me it doesn't seem like people are saying their is a conspiracy against Rovers just that something is not right in the world of the Football officials. As I have said before to me there is too much behind the scenes and the rules interpretation needs to get out of the grey and into the black and white, however the decisions against us in the match - ie the sending off and the goal go beyond any explanation excuses of 'why they where given' as there is none - they where above comprehension.

can imagine it capn...gumboots on a night out with the lino..

"yep gum i took a 10 grand bung to let wham win"

gum he might be good fella but if he took a bribe he sure as hell wouldnt tell you.

But that's the thing Abbey ... I doubt there is any of that ( but can never say never)

However, to give what they did (not just blaming Devine here) is beyond comprehension - even a blind man could have made a better decision on the 'no goal' as as we all know that's how bad the decision was.

I'll say it again - the officials are indoctrinated with the what I call 'think has happened' mindset ie their mind is mostly made up even before they consider what has happened and don't actually look at what happens.

Of course he wouldn't tell me if he had taken a backhander but I know him well enough to believe he wouldn't. That's not to say there's no dishonesty in football, or that there aren't those around who don't like our club, our successes or who wouldn't like to give so-called big clubs etc a helping hand. we aall konw there are far too many big decisions given by officials in favour of certain clubs. I just feel that on this occasion this was just a downright bad day for Jim and that's all.

Of course he wouldn't tell me if he had taken a backhander but I know him well enough to believe he wouldn't. That's not to say there's no dishonesty in football, or that there aren't those around who don't like our club, our successes or who wouldn't

Of course he wouldn't tell me if he had taken a backhander but I know him well enough to believe he wouldn't.

Backhanders? Bribes? Impossible! Someone who works in the drug squad could never ever be involved in a bribery situation ..... :rolleyes: could they? <_<

• 2 weeks later...
The rumour I heard yesterday was that the linesman could not tell the difference between Tevez's boots, which were over the line, and the ball, which was not.

And Webb had another 'mare at Leicester yesterday turning down 2 stitched on pens for The Foxes. Was he relegated from the Prem due to his Ewood performance? What a Chump, we havn't been the same since whilst the Whammers go from strength to strength.

And Webb had another 'mare at Leicester yesterday turning down 2 stitched on pens for The Foxes. Was he relegated from the Prem due to his Ewood performance? What a Chump, we havn't been the same since whilst the Whammers go from strength to strength.

I have neither read nor been told by anyone that Webb did indeed get relegated. I suspect it would have been in the papers.

Archived