BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Someone Unbiased Please Explain

You are not alone in thinking that referee had his own adgenda. I enjoyed the day, especially the mancs sat nxt but 2 who stood up and cheered when we scored ( v funny ).

But I did get a sinking feeling the the ref was going to spoil it for us. He tried, oh he tried.

I couldn't undersatnd that Abbey. Hammann already on a yellow got a long and final verbal warning whilst the Axe got a second yellow without a pause. Similarly Barton should have been red carded outright for a stamp on Emerton in the last minute.

The other thing I noticed was that when there was a coming together of angry players in injury time, the ref just kept completely out of it and stood and watched.

There was undoubtedly an agenda going on for that ref yesterday.

32 fouls all game given and seven yellows and one red. Barton allowed to do whatever he wanted- no wonder MGP started body checking him.

I couldn't undersatnd that Abbey. Hammann already on a yellow got a long and final verbal warning whilst the Axe got a second yellow without a pause. Similarly Barton should have been red carded outright for a stamp on Emerton in the last minute.

Barton should have seen red for his attempt to take Tugs out of the game with a deliberate stamp on his achiles tendon in the first half. Even Andy Gray on Sky went on at length about that.

Barton should have seen red for his deliberate attempt to take Tugs out of the game with a deliberate stamp on his achiles tendon in the first half. Even Andy Gray on Sky went on at length about that.

I was trying to explain that particular incident away as not the worst thing in the world, but it seems he makes a regular thing of it. He definitely should have gone at some point in the match. I wasn't at my mental peak at the time (middle of the night/Monday morning) and I'm not too hot on judging stamps. They aren't too common and I've never been on the receiving end (getting the lumps kicked out of you as a goalkeeper? I can tell you about that). Philipl thinks it was "100% premeditated" on another thread, and I'm happy to agree with that assessment.

By the standards that we were refereed by, Manchester City should have been red carded at least three to four times. The Axe was given a second yellow for a 50/50 holding match, but three times we had run-ons down the wings, only for our players to be chopped down.

Barton should have seen red for his attempt to take Tugs out of the game with a deliberate stamp on his achiles tendon in the first half. Even Andy Gray on Sky went on at length about that.

Must've been really bad for Andy Gray to comment on that!!!!

By the standards that we were refereed by, Manchester City should have been red carded at least three to four times. The Axe was given a second yellow for a 50/50 holding match, but three times we had run-ons down the wings, only for our players to be chopped down.

Tbf I thought Mokoena deserved both cards, I have no complains about the sending off. However I do agree that Barton should've been off, and that another couple of City players (Can't remember who now) should've gotten yellows.

I thought strictly speaking that Mokoena deserved to go off but only if several of the City players were off as well. but it always happens like that and we should be used to that by now. Teams come to Ewood, cause even our mildest players to get annoyed and frustrated because they foul continuously and seem to get away with it and then, when our players get frustrated and think the ref's not punishing things so we might as well do it too, they immediately get cards. Seems we still, years later, suffer the bully boy reputation.

ANOTHER referees are biased against us topic? :rolleyes:

We've had one decision go against us...on the back of some very generous decisions in recent weeks. That doesn't mean someone is out to 'keep little old Blackburn down'. Just face it, in general referees are incompetent, every team gets on the end of bad decisions. It is NOT a conspiracy against us.

The other thing I noticed was that when there was a coming together of angry players in injury time, the ref just kept completely out of it and stood and watched.

There was undoubtedly an agenda going on for that ref yesterday.

Just to sort out this one.. It's not the job of the referee to jump in and intervene between players who are having "handbags."

It's his job to see if fouls are being committed or the laws of the game are being broken. Standing to one side and watching enables him to do his job much more efficiently.

As seen in the Carling Cup final when Chelsea & Arsenal had a last minute ruck. The ref stood back and watched.

We've had one decision go against us...on the back of some very generous decisions in recent weeks. That doesn't mean someone is out to 'keep little old Blackburn down'. Just face it, in general referees are incompetent, every team gets on the end of bad decisions. It is NOT a conspiracy against us.

i never mentioned conspiricy...i just want someone without blue glasses on to rationally explain how the axe was sent off and hamman stayed on?

i never mentioned conspiricy...i just want someone without blue glasses on to rationally explain how the axe was sent off and hamman stayed on?

I watched the game on TV, without any commentary. I thought that Mokoena's red was completely warranted, the first yellow was a very late tackle, and the second had to have been one of the clumsiest challenges I've seen in recent time. Barton on another day might've gotten a red. The foul on Tugs wasn't a red, but if an orange card were available... I thought MGP was disgracefull trying to get Barton going - on more than one occasion. I think Hamann did just enough to avvoid the red card when he cought Tugs and gave the ref a hard time about it. As for the people yelling for two to four(!) red cards, that's just wrong.

32 fouls all game given and seven yellows and one red. Barton allowed to do whatever he wanted- no wonder MGP started body checking him.

I noticed that too, he quite got stuck into Barton did our Morten, I was sort of proud of him.

EVERY team Le Chuck? are you sure? It is of course that the bad decisions that Man U, Chelsea et al get just happen to be fortuitous to them. The questions are very valid, no one is stating there is any picking on, maybe implying it. They are solid questions, summed up briefly, why were two incidents very similar in nature treated totally differently by the same ref in the same game within a matter of a few minutes. Valid questions in my opinion. Questions I would like the powers that be to answer.

As I said elsewhere it is the exact same move he used to knobble Mendes when they played Pompey. Tries to make it look like an accident that happened while they were running together, little prat knows what he is doing.

Anyway we have the last laugh, we are in the semis and they aren't.

As for the people yelling for two to four(!) red cards, that's just wrong.

I never yelled. Plus you think I'm wrong because you would be the most lenient referee on the face of the planet. A yellow for deliberate stamping on the heels? Deary me.

We never get anything from Dean, he should stick to ice-skating. :ph34r:

on a serious note, he took charge of our last visit to turd moor, and was pulled from taking charge of the replay for links to ''bookmakers and betting syndicates!''

maybe he had us and city down as a draw, on his weekend accumulator ?

Archived