BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Roy Keane

I didn't think that Roy Keane would have done anywhere near as well as he has done this season. I was pretty sceptical of his credentials when he was appointed, but he has done exceptionally well. I thought his character would definately help him in football management, but maybe the guy is a little too cocky. I wonder how he'll do in the premiership. One thing I'd like to ask him is, if he can take on the champions of England and the now FA cup finalists, and beat the likes of Blackburn and 'Boro (OK, 'Boro he probably has a point about), then why is he only a couple of points clear at the topp of the table?

He has to be mad to think the Semi Final was a poor game! I'm expecting Sunderland to perform the most entertaining football imaginable next season, if they get to the Premiership...

'Keane also suggested that, should Sunderland clinch promotion in the coming weeks, he will be aiming to attract some high-profile signings in the summer.'

He added: "If we're in the Premiership, then we hope to attract certain types of player.

Aye Keane you mean the likes of what you saw on Sunday

What a prick :wstu:

Just another example of somebody starting to believe their own press.

Roy Keane IS & always will be a w####r in my eyes.

It was in the paper that there sponsor next year is a irish bookmaker and the manager of the company was quoted saying

I can see Sunderland winning the premierleague and the champions league in the next 5 years

:wstu: Whatever Niall Quinn is giving them up there its good stuff.

Not sure where Sunderland are going to get there money from but to be I don't see them being any threat next season. They remind me of when McCarthy took them up the other year a really hard working side but with very few players good enough for the Premiership. They will need to spend a fortune just to get anywhere near competitive and they will struggle to attract players the same as many other promoted clubs have.

I see clubs like Brum & West Brom if they make it as being more of a threat.

He's becoming as irritating as ol RFW (chip off the old block?) with some of his comments.

If Sunderland make it to the Premiership, I'm sure his words will come back to haunt him as he picks up his p45 in January :D

Not sure where Sunderland are going to get there money from but to be I don't see them being any threat next season. They remind me of when McCarthy took them up the other year a really hard working side but with very few players good enough for the Premiership. They will need to spend a fortune just to get anywhere near competitive and they will struggle to attract players the same as many other promoted clubs have.

I see clubs like Brum & West Brom if they make it as being more of a threat.

I work with a guy who has good contacts at Sunderland he believes they have at least £15m to spend on players if they go up.

Although, when he goes into detail about who they've been looking at, they seem to be mainly Irish players!!

I work with a guy who has good contacts at Sunderland he believes they have at least £15m to spend on players if they go up.

That's not actually a lot though. Wigan were supposed to have £20 million to spend on new players when they came up. Teams rarely spend that all at once and anyway when you figure in signing-on fees, wages etc it represents a small amount in solely transfer fees.

I'd say Sunderland need to spend that kind of money if they are hoping to stay up. They aren't as good as Reading were when they came up and even they are being found out and will likely have a far tougher second season.

Plus it's often difficult for a promoted side to attract players these days. Unless it's for huge wages, players won't want to play for a side that will probably end up fighting to stay up, as is what usually happens to the promoted teams from the past few years.

I can see decent players wanting to play for Keane, even if he is a bit of a knob.

He's got to be a candidate for future Manure boss if he maintains his success level with Sunderland.

Yes but why would you sign for a club because of the manager, when everyone in football knows that as soon as United come knocking he will be off like a shot.

An utter tosser of a man.

Archived