BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Blackburn Bully Boys?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just looking at the table and trying to be objective, it looks like a possible explanation may be the perceived stereotype of "hard northern towns" is affecting the officials thinking. The only problem in that line of thought is West Hams position in the table, but that too could be put down to their "battling hard to avoid the drop".

It would be interesting to see the table for other leagues i.e. Championship, Div1, etc to see if the same thinking applies there as well.

Nice try Fife, really. change "hard northern towns" to "unfashionable", "non media darlings" and you are going to be closer to the truth. What we need is a documentary of sorts, video evidence compiled. Red for Rovers, similar offence only a talking to for Utd et al, send it off to the FA and ask for an explanation as to why the rules of the game should be so differently applied based on who the offender is. The last one that sticks in my mind is Roberts' sending off. I watched the Man yoo and wham game and Boa Morte gave the ref a right bollocking he was screaming his head off at him for quite some time, the ref never even flinched, not a talking to, nothing.

For the sake of football it needs to be addressed.

It really starts to appear to me that the refs actually seek out reasons to send off players for some teams.

Guest shoppybrfc
If thats true then it shows what a sham the whole thing is. Hardly Vinnie Jones / Razor Ruddock type is he?

Did I say he's a Razor Ruddock , Jones character? NO. I just said he's 'probably' our dirtiest player.

Nice try Fife, really. change "hard northern towns" to "unfashionable", "non media darlings" and you are going to be closer to the truth. What we need is a documentary of sorts, video evidence compiled. Red for Rovers, similar offence only a talking to for Utd et al, send it off to the FA and ask for an explanation as to why the rules of the game should be so differently applied based on who the offender is. The last one that sticks in my mind is Roberts' sending off. I watched the Man yoo and wham game and Boa Morte gave the ref a right bollocking he was screaming his head off at him for quite some time, the ref never even flinched, not a talking to, nothing.

For the sake of football it needs to be addressed.

It really starts to appear to me that the refs actually seek out reasons to send off players for some teams.

You are absolutely right there USA Blue. The problem is how do we (and the other clubs feeling unfairly treated too) go about it?

There is no doubt that it would cause a right old to-do in high places to say nothing of the media. Can you imagine it? "How dare they insinuate such bias and uneven handedness? Perish the thought".

I noticed in the Behaviour of Officials stats we came out the lowest. Does that mean we got the worst reffing? Also I don't honestly see where we get the lowest score on the Respect towards Opponents stat.

As has been pointed out, we got loads of cards for 'dissent' which was not necessarily bad-mouthing the ref but stuff like kicking the ball away. Something is very wrong somewhere.

I noticed in the Behaviour of Officials stats we came out the lowest. Does that mean we got the worst reffing? Also I don't honestly see where we get the lowest score on the Respect towards Opponents stat.

Don't know because I don't know where you got that info?

If they do try and deduct points from us, we can be sure of a vigorous protest from Hughes and the club, given the nothing short of preposterous decisions we've had this season. I needn't repeat, we all know where we got stiffed.

Didn't someone mention once on this board if you came last 3 years in a row at this there was a point reduction? I have no idea if its true so could someone clarify?

Nah, we'll get away with a 5.5 million fine, won't we?

Don't know because I don't know where you got that info?

If they do try and deduct points from us, we can be sure of a vigorous protest from Hughes and the club, given the nothing short of preposterous decisions we've had this season. I needn't repeat, we all know where we got stiffed.

fourlaneblue's link on page one

I am sure we had a fine pending our future behaviour.

So I am pretty sure we will now receive it!

"At a series of Disciplinary Commissions held during June and July, fines have been issued against a number of clubs for their poor on-field disciplinary records during the 2005/06 season.

Several clubs had suspended fines from the 2004/05 season invoked. The Commissions decided that the clubs had failed to show an acceptable improvement in their record last season.

Blackburn Rovers were fined £70,000, of which £50,000 had been suspended from 2004/05. In addition, a further £70,000 fine will remain in place for the 2006/07 season."

Rovers likley to recieve big fine

Wow, I really don't understand that table. It's based on a system where acquiring points is a good thing. But you get points for reds and yellows...what the hell?!? It also gave us the lowest score in the reds and yellows department, when in fact we've had the most of them. I'm completely confused. Do they start at 500 and knock points off for yellows etc?

The FA Cup final at weekend said it all.

A new £800m+ stadium, yet the officials didnt give a foul, or a goal for the ball that crossed the line!

In this day when the technology is available, cameras should be installed on all goal lines.

Also the FA should it make it so that you can appeal against a yellow card. We would have many of them taken away on appeal.

As someone said before, if we are going to get this award each year, we should at least earn it and rough up some of the southern softies!

There's no mystery to this at all.

We've seen countless times over the years that what might be a red card to a Blackburn, Bolton, Wigan or Sheffield United player might be a yellow card to a Spurs or a Newcastle player and barely even worthy of a ticking off to a Liverpool, Chelsea or Manchester United player.

End of story.

Which doesn't really show why we keep finishing bottom and Bolton/Wigan/Sheff U don't.

Of our 7 red cards how many were deserved? Those that weren't would probably see us off the bottom.

Not sure but wasn't Todd's against Portsmouth rescinded so wouldn't count on the list?

Which doesn't really show why we keep finishing bottom and Bolton/Wigan/Sheff U don't.

Of our 7 red cards how many were deserved? Those that weren't would probably see us off the bottom.

Not sure but wasn't Todd's against Portsmouth rescinded so wouldn't count on the list?

Although it's rescinded, apparently it still counts!!

I'm think I'm missing a red card...can only remember these yet the table says seven -

V Portsmouth (away) - Neill

V Portsmouth (away) - Todd

V Tottenham (home) - Tugay

V Newcastle (home) - Henchoz

V West Ham (home) - Bentley

V Tottenham (away) - Roberts

I'm think I'm missing a red card...can only remember these yet the table says seven -

V Portsmouth (away) - Neill

V Portsmouth (away) - Todd

V Tottenham (home) - Tugay

V Newcastle (home) - Henchoz

V West Ham (home) - Bentley

V Tottenham (away) - Roberts

Todd v Portsmouth away

Also the FA should it make it so that you can appeal against a yellow card. We would have many of them taken away on appeal.

Indeed, I was actually discussing this with a West Ham fan earlier, probably about the same time you posted. Nonetheless, please dispose of your 50 cent avatar, I can't stand looking at his ugly mug!

You're not still drunk from last Monday are you?

As I had to drive 210 miles home AFTER the do(got home at 3am), I wasn't drunk. Am still tired, though............................

Archived