• Bentley
    • Savage
    • Dunn
    • Pedersen
    • Sants Cruz
    • McCarthy
    • Tugay
    • Ooijer

When Tugay came on, within ten minutes I could tell he was going to get himself sent off. He acts like a 7 year old at times, and he owes his team mates a big thank you because their outstanding work rate enabled us to overcome his un-professional behaviour :angry:

We are looking fantastic just now, with top performances all over the pitch. I've really enjoyed the first two home games this season, let's hope there is more of this to come!

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent today Rovers - wasn't worried even when we went down to ten men. Whilst Tugs should have known better with today's modern football rules, at the same time the likes of Ron Harris, Norman Hunter, Colin Todd & Co would wet themselves at just how easy it is to walk these days. In reality, he did nowt.

So many possible candidates for man of the match. I voted for Bert. I have been a critic on the odd occasion but at right back he has been reborn. Could have gone to Warnock, Dunny, Nelson - just about any Rover really.

My lad sat in the Jack Walker upper and said that the Bburn End upper was half full, ie 1500 empty seats. That meant the rest of the ground should have had 3000 other empty seats if the gate was to be believed. :lol:

Never felt so good about a Rovers team since Big Al left. :brfc:

Guest Kamy100

What a superb display of footballl rovers put up today. Bar the first 10 minutes we played City of the park, passion, commitment and free flowing football we did it all today, even for the 10 minutes that it was 11 against 10 we looked comfortable. I am really trying not to get to excited but have to say things look superb for Rovers at the moment. The back four were superb, Dunny magnificent and Benni and Roque look to be developing an awesome partnership.

Thanks to all the players and management for the superb performance and entertainment.

The BBE lower was full as was the Riverside I think.

There was a few empty seats in both the Lower and Upper of the JW stand, and quite a lot in the BBE upper.

and Man City didn't sell all there tickets along with the 3 rows at the front of the bottom tier and I think Row 1 of the upper tier not in use.

Also, I dont think the ground actually does hold over 31,000, I think it is just below. So not sure on the attendance issue.

Tough decision for MOTM but I have gone for Samba.

Who the hell voted for Tugay?

Even though Ooijer came on fairly late I think he deserves some praise as I thought he was fantastic when he came on which gave Bert that extra space to put their left back on their arse several times.

I'm sorry if the answer is staring me right in the face - but who is 'Bert' ???

Emerton.

1 word; proud. What a game. Highlights even were on dutch television. Dunn looked impressive, he PWND Elano, who I feared most, big time. well done Rovers! :rover:

I think some people expected him to be a failure rather than wanted and I gotta admit I was one of them but from his performances so far this season my mind has been changed. Long may it continue!

Fantastic result today and as others have said it's good that there is so much optimism around, I feel like every game we go into we are going to win or at least get something. I wouldn't dismiss a decent result at Chelsea next week either.

No, with some it was "want".

And as for empty seats- I wasn't there- long but boring story, and the man who sits next to me is seriously ill so wasn't there either- so chalk 2 season ticket holders off the list.

And for the stroppy female team leader at NO1 before the match, I noticed you disappeared sharpish. Im sorry for you than the usual bloke is a decent laugh, remember that fans pay your wages and are not something on the bottom of your shoe - it might well serve you well.

I'm on the back row in N05 and she had a run in with more or less everyone that stood up for more than a few seconds. What was said over at you're end? Newly promoted "team leader" trying to impress people I guess. THere was a lot more people standing up than usual, partly due to getting wound up from her attitude I think.

The BBE lower was full as was the Riverside I think.

Sorry it wasn't. Sitting in the JW towards the BBE end we have a clear view into the stand. I was quite surprised by then number of empty seats. The Darwen End holds 8000 and City were along wau from that number. There were empty seats in the JW upper so I'd guess the attendance was about right......and the club have absolutely no reason to massage the figures.

I'm on the back row in N05 and she had a run in with more or less everyone that stood up for more than a few seconds. What was said over at you're end? Newly promoted "team leader" trying to impress people I guess. THere was a lot more people standing up than usual, partly due to getting wound up from her attitude I think.

She disappeared before kick off, having already reduced Abbey to the point of wanting to chuck his season ticket in, and trying to tell me off like a schoolboy on my way up the stairs. Sadly she wasnt quite quick witted enough to deal with it.

Nothing like a decent bit of CUSTOMER service.

I pride myself on civility when dealing with staff at BRFC (as at any other organisation) I expect the same civility from the staff whose wages are paid by the supporters.

I am so happy to have got the three points today. City was a game that I really thought we could struggle with, but the boys put in yet another good performance. Our start to the season has been simply fantastic. If we'd have beaten Everton, like we deserved to, we could be right up at the top.

If our players can avoid long term injuries, then we have what it takes to challange for fifth and sixth this season.

Before I go though, I do have to make mention to the ridiculous decision to give Tugay a second yellow card for a bloody shirt pull! That could have cost us all three points today. Instead, we might be without both Savage and Tugay for out visit to Chelsea.

Anybody know what injury Savage picked up by the way?

Archived