• Sants Cruz
    • McCarthy
    • Tugay
    • Ooijer

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the way, don't know if this has been mentioned:

1606: An x-ray showed that Robbie Savage's leg was OK after that crunching first-half challenge from Richard Dunne. Heavy bruising and he's back on the Blackburn bench to watch the second half.

We fully deserved it.

did you watch the game???

possesion stats are non sense...

we could have scored 6 past them.. could have been the same result as the liverpool derby game except we were playing stupidly infront of goal.

from 1st minute to literally last minute when pedersen had very good chance we could have scored 10.

they had NO real chance at all..

overall im pleased with the result but we should have put the game beyond doubt.

Great performance by pretty much everyone involved. The first half was extremely one-sided once we got the goal and they didn't have a shot on target in the second until the very end I think. Nelsen a well-deserved MoM, but Bentley was excellent too. Really, the only player I thought below standard today was Tugay, but even then he created a couple of chances and broke up some attacks so wasn't a bad performance either.

Thought there were too many cards today, given for silly things. But that being said, we do also have ourselves to blame for some. Tugay's second wasn't a yellow, but it was a very silly thing to do. MGP getting booked for protesting a clear free kick decision and so on.

Thought there were too many cards today, given for silly things. But that being said, we do also have ourselves to blame for some. Tugay's second wasn't a yellow, but it was a very silly thing to do. MGP getting booked for protesting a clear free kick decision and so on.

we need to start understanding as a team refs are going to give us yellows now for anything they can I think. Who was the ref.

Never mind if I had waited one minute I've had had the answer

thank God we won or I would have broken something

My heart sank countless of times at the end, after we missed so much I thought the equalizer was inevitable. Posts, goaline clearances, wrong decisions, fantastic GK saves, and a real wastefulness on our part....you name it, we missed it. Thankfully City's delivery wasn't up to par.

Once again the question must be asked who lets these imbeciles walk around on the streets, let alone referee a premiership match. I mean they're beyond crazy, beyond psychotic...I don't know what else to call them really.

I'm not sure who was our best player...everyone did good, though we made a few mistakes here and there. The best thing is that we're working like a real solid team.

That was a top notch performance. Our passing was top class and I don't think I've seen Rovers hit so many mid-length passes with such pace and accuracy before.

We will thrash somebody soon- Benni and Santa looks a fabulous combination.

That was not a dirty game but Mike Read made it look that way. Once again, Rovers were ridiculously penalised.

you blackburn fans are so deluded!

For starters, stop moaning about how many tickets we have sold, we will still have more fans there than you.

Secondly, we are a different team this year to last year, we play proper football and you will have to resort to kicking us to stop us from doing so.

Thirdly, Savage won't be able to handle Elano tomorrow, and whoever said Petrov isn't fast on here.....oh dear.

Lastly, al the best for tommorow, you will need it.

This thread started out half decent and decending into amusing reading. I dropped in to read what you were saying and it's the biggest laugh i've had all week.

P.S. Mark Hughes is a rag #### of the highest order

YOU GUYS WERE PATHETIC!

Thaksin must be coughing his blood and money out sitting at Ewood Park.

you blackburn fans are so deluded!

For starters, stop moaning about how many tickets we have sold, we will still have more fans there than you.

Secondly, we are a different team this year to last year, we play proper football and you will have to resort to kicking us to stop us from doing so.

Thirdly, Savage won't be able to handle Elano tomorrow, and whoever said Petrov isn't fast on here.....oh dear.

Lastly, al the best for tommorow, you will need it.

This thread started out half decent and decending into amusing reading. I dropped in to read what you were saying and it's the biggest laugh i've had all week.

P.S. Mark Hughes is a rag #### of the highest order

:wstu: LOL LOL LOL

I'm never sure who i should support in these games, I don't really like chelsea but are Villa our closer competition. Today's result has given me more confidence that we can go on and achieve something special this season. Looking at Chelsea at the moment they are there for the taking. Bring on the big boys.

did you watch the game???

possesion stats are non sense...

we could have scored 6 past them.. could have been the same result as the liverpool derby game except we were playing stupidly infront of goal.

from 1st minute to literally last minute when pedersen had very good chance we could have scored 10.

they had NO real chance at all..

overall im pleased with the result but we should have put the game beyond doubt.

No, I work weekends on a rota system and this is one of my weekends to work. I have to rely on the BBC to give me a picture of what is going on so my comments are mainly questions based on what I read/ am supplied by the beeb.

Once again the question must be asked who lets these imbeciles walk around on the streets, let alone referee a premiership match. I mean they're beyond crazy, beyond psychotic...I don't know what else to call them really.

That's the result of Maggies "Care in the Community" strategy. :rolleyes:

i will do, you might see me tomorrow, i'll be in the end with all the supporters celebrating our win, in fact, i might see you if you go, it won't be hard to pick you out of a crowd of 10 will it

Yeh, I think I saw you - on the floor opposite the Brown Cow having received a clout for being a gobby get.

My Crap Footy Club :lol::D:lol:

You got totally outplayed yet again - good luck with survival this season - I would hate you to go down because its the easiest six points we get all season <_<

The weather might have played a part - the new recruits from city, especially elano and garrido, certainly didnt look like they were up for it on a wet and windy day in lancashire. Our own latin sensation however, was well up for it. Santa was once again class, and the team was superb.

All in all however, we did very well and played some great football. seriously wonderful football, and it almost reminded me of watching the man u side in the late 90s. it really seems like sparky is building a team based on that model. solid defence, fast attacking down the flanks (especially the right for us). And we made a good team look extraordinarily ordinary. City were completely outplayed. Now lets see if we can repeat that against Chelsea.

The refereeing again was terrible, and we were carded for all sorts of petty reasons. Someone at the club surely has to put our case forward.

Archived