• Bentley
    • Savage
    • Dunn
    • Pedersen
    • Sants Cruz
    • McCarthy
    • Tugay
    • Ooijer

Great match. Rubbish Referee :angry: as expected, couldn't even keep out of the way of the ball.

Everyone was brilliant. Certainly shook City up a bit, their passing was all over the place!

Well, well done, lads. Everyone deserves a mention but I will single out Bert for his tenacity and Ryan for that wonderful run at the end of the match that left everyone standing open-mouthed.

Please, sir, can I have some more?

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great match. Rubbish Referee :angry: as expected, couldn't even keep out of the way of the ball.

Everyone was brilliant. Certainly shook City up a bit, their passing was all over the place!

Well, well done, lads. Everyone deserves a mention but I will single out Bert for his tenacity and Ryan for that wonderful run at the end of the match that left everyone standing open-mouthed.

Please, sir, can I have some more?

I've given up on ever seeing a decent referee ever again :angry::(

Fair enough Stu but this isnt Moaist China.

Neither is Hereford :lol:

There were quite a few raised eyebrows around us when the gate went up on the scoreboard.

I missed it, but when I got a text I did swear profusely.

Anyroad Bert was immense today

If only he could shoot he would have been superb, did anyone else notice the back 3 drop back whenever any of them went forward?

I can't remember being so optimistic about a season than I am at the moment.

I'll be happy if we go all season winning our home matches and drawing away. I know Borough was away and Arsenal was at home, but you get my theory :tu: .

As for MCFC... :P

It's very, very difficult to find adequate words tro describe Rovers today.....committed, passionate, pacy, exhilerating football. We haven't seen a full ninety minute performance like this for years.

Well put.

While I was watching the game on tv I was wondering whether Hughes had shown the players a tape from the golden 94/95 season. :) Today's display brought back memories from how our Premiership winning team played. I'm truly excited about this season. Bring on the Chelsea!

i will do, you might see me tomorrow, i'll be in the end with all the supporters celebrating our win, in fact, i might see you if you go, it won't be hard to pick you out of a crowd of 10 will it

I'm not saying we will win, just that you will see what arsenal fans did, we play very good football

Haha where's this muppet now? Should have won about 5-0, they were lucky to only concede one.

A good 3 points with a good performance where the only gripe can be that we didnt score more. Apart from the first 10 minutes we always looked the superior side and, unlike at Goodison, we got the points to prove it. The defence was superb again. We really do have a solid unit now. Dunny played well as did Rocky and Bentley. The only person I would criticise was Gamst who we know has the talent of a top class footballer but was poop again today in practically everything he did, not just the rdiculous chip when clean through. Nice poachers goal by Benni. Maybe the goals will start flowing again now that the transfer deadline has passed. <_<

As for their fans, just one word - PATHETIC. Ok, another one - SCUM (re the handbags outside the Moorgate pub). Not fit to be seen in public places. :wstu:

We walked up past McDonalds after the game and some of their fans were as bad as I've seen in a long while. One foul mouthed prat in a black top was verbally abusing everybody be it man woman or child. They were just behind us as we went in the brown cow and I'd be amazed if it wasnt him and his 'group' that kicked off outside the Moorgate seconds later. As you said, SCUM.

We are going to be very, very hard team to beat this season. Two home games in, and not an inch given in terms of commitment and endeavor. And the atmosphere again was fantastic, really really loud.

Emerton-the guy must be on drugs as he must have ran 50 miles today, outstanding.

David Dunn-I hope all the moaners on here AND at Ewood who wanted him to be a failure so much are ashamed of them selves. Dunn was unbelievable today, for the 3rd game in a row. International class performance today IMO.

Samba-Brilliant, and esp in the last ten minutes simply battered anything near him. At one point I thought he was going to take a free kick outside the box. Ran with the ball like Hansen, and is surely worth £10 million on current form.

Warnock-Fast, fit and ready to run and run and run, and some blinding tackles AGAIN!

Nelsen-Pure Kiwi rock-never beaten all game, and played on the left wing near the end!

Roque-Class, but strangely subdued, but looks like he needs some match time to catch up with the almost super human fitness levels of the rest of the squad.

And Mark Hughes, brilliant. After Tugs got the push, he did not panic, played 4-3-2 and waited to see what they did, whcih was nowt really. Learning all the time.

MEN paper City fans comments. Very fair too.

I was at my sons christening today so have missed everything (apart from goal updates on text)

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?????

Everyone saying we played well and well done us - must be dreaming

You know what this means dont you Cocker?

Tris was wearing his lucky shirt and had possession of his lucky season ticket, couple that with you getting your son christened every weekend and I reckon we are onto a winner! :lol:

Just got home (a few hours in pub)

City were sh1t, Rovers dominated 90 mins (even with10 men)

Sven`s spent 50 mil on crap.

Thank god we have Hughesey!!

Brilliant performance form the team today. Only complaint is that we don't go onto win 3 or 4-0.

Pretty close run thing for MOTM, thought every player played their part in the win. The back four were immense today, I think Brett just gets my vote for MOTM he never stopped running all game and looked a threat going foward once he was pushed foward onto the right wing.

David Dunn-I hope all the moaners on here AND at Ewood who wanted him to be a failure so much are ashamed of them selves. Dunn was unbelievable today, for the 3rd game in a row. International class performance today IMO

I think some people expected him to be a failure rather than wanted and I gotta admit I was one of them but from his performances so far this season my mind has been changed. Long may it continue!

Fantastic result today and as others have said it's good that there is so much optimism around, I feel like every game we go into we are going to win or at least get something. I wouldn't dismiss a decent result at Chelsea next week either.

Archived