BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Uefa Cup First Round Draw

Mates you misunderstood what i said. Sorry but my English are not very good and as a consequence this confusion happened.

With "gifts" i meant exchange t-shirts etc in order to have some memorial things after these matches. An of course we would like to have a lot of beers with you.

We'll try to approach you before or after the game, outside the stadium. ok mates? What we want is to have a friendly meeting with you and nothing else.

I hope i cleared up the situation.

It would be our pleasure to meet you on 20th of September at Panthessaliko, Volos.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can i ask something?

Do you have any organized fans' group/club? For example we have "Monsters Fan Club". If anyone of you who participate in this group/club, will come to Greece on 20th of September please conduct me or send his answer here --> http://www.monsters-larissa.gr/site/?page_id=12.

We'd like to arrange a meeting with you before the match in order to exchange some "gifts".

Very different football culture in England my friend. There are no organised 'Ultra' groups in England that organise flags, banners and what songs are to be orchestrated during the game etc.

There are football hooligan 'firms' that attach themselves to clubs in England but gladly Rovers fans are not known for trouble....we have no real reputation.

19 games to play in all by my reckoning if we are going to see Rovers lift this trophy at Man City next May. That's like half a Premier League season. With 4 down and 15 to play, it will be a great test of Rovers' 32 strong squad, especially those on international duty.

Intertoto (Vetra) (2 games)

Uefa 2nd Qual (MyPa) (2)

R1 (Larissa) (2)

Rd of 40 (8 groups of 5 - top 3 qualify plus 8 from Champions Lge) (4 games)

Rd of 32 (2)

Rd of 16 (2)

Rd of 8 (2)

S/F (2)

Final (1)

Total (19)

:brfc:

Optimistically looking ahead I noticed from the UEFA website that the date for the first set of group games is the 25th of October which I believe is half-term week. This could have an impact on fans planning a break away possibly combining a holiday with watching Rovers in some forgotten European outpost! Unless of course with there being 5 teams in a group we could get the night off.

Optimistically looking ahead I noticed from the UEFA website that the date for the first set of group games is the 25th of October which I believe is half-term week. This could have an impact on fans planning a break away possibly combining a holiday with watching Rovers in some forgotten European outpost! Unless of course with there being 5 teams in a group we could get the night off.

hope it's not the 25th. I have to go to flipping Las Vegas...what a bummer.

As it stands we are currently seeded 20th meaning we will be in group C if we qualify. Group C dont play at all on the 25th October, the away games are the 29th November and the 17th December.

IF 4 or more seeds above us get knocked out, then we will be seeding group B - meaning playing away on the 25th October and 29th November.

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ Sep 17 2007, 13:14 ) 547158[/snapback]
As it stands we are currently seeded 20th meaning we will be in group C if we qualify. Group C dont play at all on the 25th October, the away games are the 29th November and the 17th December.

IF 4 or more seeds above us get knocked out, then we will be seeding group B - meaning playing away on the 25th October and 29th November.

I hope it's not the later. It's my friends wedding on the 26th October and I promised no matter what I'd be there and was trying to find a nice way of letting her down :D so smiles all round if that's the case!

Archived