BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Mccann Saga

I`m just wondering what people on this site think about this whole sorry saga? :huh:

Personally, i cannot see the parents being involved but i do understand the police have to look at every scenario no matter how upsetting & distressing it is.

One of the thing`s that does bother me is the sensational media headlines we are getting every day.

MADDY BURIED UNDER CHURCH!!

MADDY DUMPED AT SEA!!

MUM DRUGGED MADDY!!

....all of which is totally unproven. It`s getting beyond a joke....a tasteless joke at that.

I`m develpoing a real hatred for the british media & all their hyping up of stories like this. Why can`t they just let the police get on with their work & take into consideration the stress & trauma they are putting on the people involved. If the McCann parents are totally innocent of these accusations, then i think it`s a pretty sh1tty thing to have to live with considering their daughter has been taken away from them & the obvious guilt they`ll have of leaving their kids in that apartment.

please discuss.....

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I`m just wondering what people on this site think about this whole sorry saga? :huh:

please discuss.....

I get the feeling from the McCanns body language, that there is something hidden. No idea what, maybe some of the "rumors"are way off the mark, maybe there is some truth to them.

Unless the McCanns go to trial on a charge related in some way to their daughter, we will never know will we.

Guest fernhurstblue

i have a feeling that there is more to this than meets the eye and wouldnt be suprised at all if they had something to do with it ..... as for the press, they would just say that its what people want to read, otherwise people wouldnt buy the papers.

i just wonder what the reaction would have been if it had been a "council estate family" that had left their kids alone in an appartment for 90 mins rather than a seemingly "well to do family" ?????

Personally, i cannot see the parents being involved but i do understand the police have to look at every scenario no matter how upsetting & distressing it is.

One of the thing`s that does bother me is the sensational media headlines we are getting every day.

MADDY BURIED UNDER CHURCH!!

MADDY DUMPED AT SEA!!

MUM DRUGGED MADDY!!

....all of which is totally unproven. It`s getting beyond a joke....a tasteless joke at that.

I`m develpoing a real hatred for the british media & all their hyping up of stories like this. Why can`t they just let the police get on with their work & take into consideration the stress & trauma they are putting on the people involved. If the McCann parents are totally innocent of these accusations, then i think it`s a pretty sh1tty thing to have to live with considering their daughter has been taken away from them & the obvious guilt they`ll have of leaving their kids in that apartment.

please discuss.....

Im not saying this to make myself look good or important, but as soon as I first saw the parents , I thought they come across as rather odd, they seem far to cool , calm and calculating for people that have a 4 year old who is missing. The behaviour of leaving 3 very small children unattended for over 2 hours in itself is rather odd, if not criminally neglectful at worse.

Personally it seems feasible that as two doctors they have sedated there children, whilst they had dined and either they administered too much to Madeline and she has overdosed/ she has got up disorientated whist unattended and banged her head. Subsequently the parents and or friends have disposed of the body. IMO I do not believe there was any malicious death by the hand of her parents, but a tragic accident that they have tried to cover up.

Any notion by the UK press that the Portuguese police are trying to frame the McCann’s IMO is tabloid rubbish, the UK police and forensic experts are heavily involved in the case and if they smelt a framing was in progress , then they would clearly act.

i have a feeling that there is more to this than meets the eye and wouldnt be suprised at all if they had something to do with it ..... as for the press, they would just say that its what people want to read, otherwise people wouldnt buy the papers.

i just wonder what the reaction would have been if it had been a "council estate family" that had left their kids alone in an appartment for 90 mins rather than a seemingly "well to do family" ?????

I'd echo both of those comments. Less fortunate parents have been pilloried by the media for leaving their kids "Home Alone" - not that I'm defending it and I appreciate the difference between leaving children for a short period and leaving them for a week. As for the McGanns? Well I feel they protest too much, I've long had a suspicion their media campaign is to deflect something. I know not what, but I'm suspicious of it. I'm also heartily sick of the story, I just hope the girl turns up alive, though it doesn't seem too hopeful.

We should be very careful about throwing stones though. I know we left the kids on occassions and popped home from time to time to check on them while at parties etc on our terrace. So I won't criticise them for this, many parents do it. We have the strange situation on our terrace that the baby-listeners you plug into the electrical sockets used to work in other people's houses. We'd go to dinner 3 or 4 doors down taking the baby-listener with us and plug it into our hosts' socket so we could listen out for the children!!

I agree with earlier comments about "What if it was an 'estate' mother" whose child had gone missing. The "HOME ALONE" merchants would be screaming it from the rooftops. & what if the child had been from an ethnic race, would the media still be as frantic with their coverage?? I doubt it.

After so many days missing i think the chances of Maddy turning up alive are slim, but i still think the girl is a victim of an opportunist child snatcher rather than a parental 'cover up' of an accident.

what I never understood was why, when Maddy was taken so perfectly (no forensics, no one saw anything) were the Twins not taken as well?

Still if it turns out I'm doing hte family a grave disservice, I shall apologise wholeheartedly.

I feel a big problem for the McCanns has been their courting of the media. Very understandable, assuming their complete innocense. However their campaign has fed the media frenzy, keeping them and the police investigation in the spotlight for 4 months! Maybe it was only a matter of time before something cracked.

Possibly their only crime was to leave their kids unattended. In the same situation, I would be wracked with guilt and hoping beyond hope that I could get my child back safely - and so try to use the media to "help" as much as possible. A very harsh lesson in the circumstance but it isn't always sensible to let the media-cat out of the bag. Im sure that some of them resented this couple right from the beginning - their profession, support network, media campaign, insistance that their home-alone actions were "normal" - now they can have their say.

The council estate parents comparison is a good one. Im sure the only thing that stopped the press jumping on that theme from day one was the professional media campaign launched by the "McCanns"./ Others would have been rightly pilloried from the start.

Again just hope it all ends well but i'd be surprised.

i have been told that gerrry mcCann isnt the boilogical father of madaline. not heard this before, but as this isnt a rumors thread. delete if not appropriate.

I believe that she was conceived using IVF. This has been reported in the papers. Again, not sure if it is fact. Like lots of things we have read.

What I would like to know is, if they did accidently kill her , how did they dispose of the body? If DNA evidence has been found in a hire car that was hired 25 days after she went missing, what did they do with the body for that length of time?? Especially as they were under such scrutiny at the time.

Also, why do they suddenly want the laptop, diary and cuddly toy?? Would you be writing about what you'd done in a journal?

To me, none of it makes sense.

I believe that she was conceived using IVF. This has been reported in the papers. Again, not sure if it is fact. Like lots of things we have read.

What I would like to know is, if they did accidently kill her , how did they dispose of the body? If DNA evidence has been found in a hire car that was hired 25 days after she went missing, what did they do with the body for that length of time?? Especially as they were under such scrutiny at the time.

Also, why do they suddenly want the laptop, diary and cuddly toy?? Would you be writing about what you'd done in a journal?

If she'd been dead 25 days, there would be no blood in the car- my understanding is that blood stops flowing on death. (They hid her alive for 25 days then killed her in the car- think not!)

Hair can be transferred on clothes.

Not saying they're innocent, but there is some rubbish going around.

So if someone died of a heart attack just as they were being stabbed in the jugular, there's be no blood?

I have no medical knowledge and no clue so this is pure speculation (which is normally ok on this board) but I would have thought that if the heart had stopped the blood would no longer pump around the body but if there was a hole in the body somewhere the blood would flow out of the body due to gravity, wouldnt it?

It's all getting a bit macabre but I think what we're getting at is that blood doesn't have to be flowing in order to be stay around and be leave traces well after the event. When blood clots it can stay around for quite a while. That's how scabs form when you cut yourself and a scab is really still blood.

Im not saying this to make myself look good or important...

Don't worry yourself. There's absolutely no chance whatsoever under any circumstances ever that any of us would ever think you were. Even if we all had to nominate someone as being good or important and you were the only person on the list of options I'm 100% certain we would all vote "None of the above".

Are the McCanns guilty in any way of any crime? I don't know and nor does anyone else, except them.

Was it a good move leaving three infants alone? No, with hindsight we all know it was really, really stupid.

Do any of us know the evidence, or lack of, that the Portuguese police actually have? No, so let's not pretend we do.

Are any of us remotely qualified in forensic science? I'm not personally and I doubt anyone else who contributes to this forum is (although some hitherto shy Quincy might come forward) so let's not pretend we do based on something we have seen on absolute sh1te like CSI.

Have the Portuguese police established a reputation for diligent and thorough detective work? Let's just say "Chimps' tea party" springs readily to mind.

Have the media done themselves any favours? Er, no. Once again it has been a hysterical reaction from most of the hacks on Grubb St whose manufactured "facts" and "investigations" have been readily and shamelessly fuelled by the insatiable desire for the sensational by the maudlin, witless c!@*s who buy their rags.

Cletus said at the start of this thread "I`m develpoing a real hatred for the british media & all their hyping up of stories like this". Thank the Almighty for this thread for not adding to the hype!

FFS. Sometimes I could weep.

If the mods are concerned about lawsuits from TV Companies etc., surely this thread should be put on mod watch - there's some really harsh accusations flying around.

For the sake of the general discussion, I too have heard the blood will stop running when your heart stops. People has gone into cardiac arrest while cycling for example, and hitting their head in the fall, without bleeding at all.

I believe the diary is to see if the mum was mentally stable before the night in question.

Indeed you are, each and every time you post.

Not as much as you, At least grow some balls and challenge my opinion the next time there is a debate rather than sneakily trying to be sly about trying be-little me. When you even have an opinion an anything then slate me. This is obviously about you disagreeing with what ive posted on other threads regarding immigration etc, TBH I cant remember you challenging anyone an those threads, you are the worst type of coward , you keep your mouth shut when there is a debate then when someone posts something that has absolute nothing to do with the original debate tries to have a go.

As for you -herbergeehh, If you trawl through this thread the majority of people on it, have pretty much said the same as me . I guess you may not get the same coverage as us over here? , but the vast majority of people ive spoken to think that the Mccans behaviour in general is at the least very odd

Archived