BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Mccann Saga

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The white working (or under) class has no political voice whatsoever to serve their interests . No discipline , no family structure and zilch education do not an happy society make I'm afraid .....

That sums it up Phil. I watched the bulk of the programme and it was sad, in a way, how sections of society in this country have 'progressed' over the last 45 years or so. The adult relatives of the mother and stepfather were effing and blinding at will in front of youngsters in the house, the decor in the house was tired to say the least, everyone on the estate seemed to be kitted out in a track suit, trainers and a baseball cap and just about all of them were ugly and overweight. I am not taking delight in saying that or being snobbish in any way, just stating what was put before me. There are a million council estates like the one shown up and down the country and the amount of trash confined within these shores is staggering. Nothing like it in western Europe. Not everyone, of course, on a council estate fits this stereotype. I have friends who grew up on estates in Darwen and they are fine people. There was one camera shot which I found amusing. The next door neighbours must have had a fire on their front lawn with the large black, charred circle standing out well.

Both unfortunately and sadly, Shannon's parents had neither the intellect nor drive to turn the situation with the press to their advantage. Time and again they turned away reporters and photographers in an attempt to get a bit of peace rather than co-operate more. The important thing was that the young girl was found but I can't help feeling this could have been achieved earlier with a bit more thought from all concerned, police included.

• 2 weeks later...

Jimmy Savile sues The Sun over stories linking him to Jersey children's home

I wish Sir Jimmy well with his legal action, but I doubt that he'll be getting a front page apology in the press like the McCann's received.

Sir Jimmy's lawyer says that he's "extremely distressed" by the recent newspaper articles. It wasn't a nice thing to do for The Sun to link him to the dreadful events in Jersey and hopefully Jimmy will get an apology of some sort in the paper - though I suspect it will probably be tucked away in a tiny piece on page 23.

Going back to the McCanns, it's been announced that Madeleine's parents will be taking part in a special hour-long ITV documentary to mark the first anniversary of Maddie's disappearance last May.

Gerry and Kate will be talking about the night their daughter went missing, becoming "Arguido" suspects in Portugal and their decision to return to Britain.

LINK HERE

• 2 weeks later...

Kate McCann's fury at "smears" from Portugese police

"Kate and Gerry have been subjected to leaks and smears from day one," says the McCann's spokesman Clarence Mitchell, while a friend of the McCann's says: "The minute you talk about Madeleine crying is the minute that the vultures will pile in - that's why this has been leaked."

It's been suggested that the McCanns have a hold over the media - but the newspaper headlines today were quite damaging for the McCanns.

I suspect that when people read the headlines about Maddie asking her Mum: "Why didn't you come when we were crying last night?" then some people will start to think less favourably of Kate and Gerry.

It's been suggested that the McCanns have a hold over the media - but the newspaper headlines today were quite damaging for the McCanns.

I suspect that when people read the headlines about Maddie asking her Mum: "Why didn't you come when we were crying last night?" then some people will start to think less favourably of Kate and Gerry.

I suspect that you are a media whore, who reads the Daily Mail and doesn't have an idea what it is like to lose your 4-year old daughter. Who is probably dead. Yes, their 4 year old daughter is dead and all you can do is post stupid messages on a Rovers web site.

JFHC: I was going through a bad patch this week. But I've cheered up no end, considering what depths I could have dropped to.

You have set a new standard.

Well done.

Who is probably dead. Yes, their 4 year old daughter is dead and all you can do is post stupid messages on a Rovers web site.

Probably dead ? Or definitely dead ?

Make your mind up , Colin .

Otherwise we'll just have to conclude you're posting stupid messages on a Rovers web site in your usual sneering , sanctimonious manner .

I'm with Stuwilky on this matter. When you have young kids, you don't leave them in the house on their own whether or not you're on holiday. The large amount of sympathy offered to the McCanns is because they are middle class professionals. The papers and public would be far more damning if parents from some rough part of Leeds left a 3 year old alone in a hotel in Benidorm to go out on the lash. I may be wrong as I haven't followed the McCann case closely, and they may have had arranged a babysitter or something.

As for Shannon Mathews, from what I have read, it seems that the family 'kidnapped' her in order to get attention and sympathy, and possibly money. Maybe the McCanns and their 'find Madeline' fund gave the family ideas. Of course, we don't really know what's going on other than the arrests.

• 3 years later...
  • Backroom

Rumours on twitter that they have found her in India and are currently doing DNA tests.

I doubt its true but if it is I owe the parents an apology I thought they did it at worst and at best were guilty of exploiting it for too much personal gain.

Rumours on twitter that they have found her in India and are currently doing DNA tests.

I doubt its true but if it is I owe the parents an apology I thought they did it at worst and at best were guilty of exploiting it for too much personal gain.

There's been loads of "reported sightings" of her, so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

The whole sorry affair still stinks of lies and corruption on the part of the McCanns.

For their sakes I hope it is her.

Topman I'm amazed at your views of lies and corruption. Obviously they should never ever have left her alone in the hotel room, but you can only imagine the heartache they will have been through since. I do agree though a lot of the sympathy is OTT and would be different if it was a council house chav for example, but you cant blame the parents for trying to keep this on the public agenda in the hope of finding her.

There's been loads of "reported sightings" of her, so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

The whole sorry affair still stinks of lies and corruption on the part of the McCanns.

I think that`s a bit OTT but it does make you wonder why they haven`t as yet been prosecuted for child neglect.

I think that`s a bit OTT but it does make you wonder why they haven`t as yet been prosecuted for child neglect.

The Portuguese authorities' crap handling of the case should be utmost in their minds, rather than whether or not they can prosecute some foreigners who are missing a child.

Kate McCann wailed like an animal when Madeleine went missing. Let's have something to back up 'lies and corruption' please :angry2:

Mate, she went running 100 yards to find her husband, whilst leaving the two twins alone in the apartment. If you suspected your little girl had been abducted, would you REALLY do that?

There's too much that doesn't add up. They can't even get their stories straight half the time.

The whole thing's a farce. About time the media let go of this pointless crusade and concentrated on the thousands of other children going missing AS WE SPEAK. But no, let's pool all our resources into finding one little girl who, in all honesty, is probably dead. It's just the media & the McCanns who benefit from all this exposure, no one else.

Mate, she went running 100 yards to find her husband, whilst leaving the two twins alone in the apartment. If you suspected your little girl had been abducted, would you REALLY do that?

There's too much that doesn't add up. They can't even get their stories straight half the time.

The whole thing's a farce. About time the media let go of this pointless crusade and concentrated on the thousands of other children going missing AS WE SPEAK. But no, let's pool all our resources into finding one little girl who, in all honesty, is probably dead. It's just the media & the McCanns who benefit from all this exposure, no one else.

Are you an expert on what people do when they face extreme situations?

There arent thousands of other children "going missing as we speak"

You obviously have suspicions that the parents have done something to her, but theres no proof. I dont know they didnt, but if so why would they keep wanting this investigating and re-highlighting to the media?

Are you an expert on what people do when they face extreme situations?

No, I just know that a mother's instinct would be to scoop up her two children and take them with her, since the abductor could be nearby or still IN the apartment for that matter. Not run off a hundred yards alone to fetch her husband.

There aren't thousands of other children "going missing as we speak"

There are thousands of children going missing and it's happening as we speak. That's what I meant, sorry if it was lost in translation.

You obviously have suspicions that the parents have done something to her, but theres no proof. I dont know they didnt, but if so why would they keep wanting this investigating and re-highlighting to the media?

Yes, I do have suspicions, because there's too much which doesn't make sense, and when something doesn't ring true there's usually a reason why.

If they were responsible for her disappearance, then it pays to maintain the charade and act as if their daughter is out there somewhere, alive and well. I know it's horrible thought, which is why people daren't entertain the idea, but I'd say there's more chance of them being responsible than there is of her being abducted.

I do have to laugh reading some of the coverage in the uk compared to that when i lived in portugal when she went missing.

A good friend of mine was the manager at the complex involved, and poor maddie went missing at the end of his first (or perhaps second week).

I recall how the parents explained how it was like eating in the garden with the kids asleep upstairs, well thats total spin, the apartment in question was on the opposite side of the building from where they were eating, with a reasonable large complex sized pool between them and there children asleep on the other side, hardly like eating in the garden, unless you have a bloody large garden! Even then most people with small kids would be using baby walkie talkies, or like everyone else in Portugal you eat late and take your kids with you, hell ive had my kids taken into restaurants kitchens to play or had them asleep next to us.

Staff at the complex were VERY vocal in there opinion of the parents, the kids were regularly stuffed into kids clubs asap so they could get on the sauce with there mates, and the whole place had a real "adult party" theme to it - read into that what you will.

The resort in question is a tiny place at the far end of the Algarve, in approx 45 mins you can be into Spain, 30 mins more onto a ferry to Africa. The most common crime in this area would normally be drunken brit tourists, they had no capacity to cope with any crime other than those at kicking out time in a small uk village with a scuffle outside the chippy, it really was a bolt out the blue and they had nowhere near the resources to cope with anything like it and it was pretty unprecedented, there have been other kid related crimes in the area, but they were more inland away from the tourist areas and they would only make local news, not even national. Which again makes one wonder if someone wanted a child, moving inland and taking a local child would have been much easier with far less fall back - although blonde hair would not have been an option.

Even in busier portuguese places where i have seen armed robberies carried out against tourist or expat propertiess the local police are not geared up for that either, they have to get detective type task forces sent down from lisbon.

I know the locals hardly showered themselves in efficient glory, but some of the rubbish in the uk press just makes me laugh and i still have to wonder quite how kate managed to leave portugal to go and meet the pope whilst the rest of the town looked for her missing child, wild horses would not have moved my wife from that area.

I do have to laugh reading some of the coverage in the uk compared to that when i lived in portugal when she went missing.

A good friend of mine was the manager at the complex involved, and poor maddie went missing at the end of his first (or perhaps second week).

I recall how the parents explained how it was like eating in the garden with the kids asleep upstairs, well thats total spin, the apartment in question was on the opposite side of the building from where they were eating, with a reasonable large complex sized pool between them and there children asleep on the other side, hardly like eating in the garden, unless you have a bloody large garden! Even then most people with small kids would be using baby walkie talkies, or like everyone else in Portugal you eat late and take your kids with you, hell ive had my kids taken into restaurants kitchens to play or had them asleep next to us.

Staff at the complex were VERY vocal in there opinion of the parents, the kids were regularly stuffed into kids clubs asap so they could get on the sauce with there mates, and the whole place had a real "adult party" theme to it - read into that what you will.

The resort in question is a tiny place at the far end of the Algarve, in approx 45 mins you can be into Spain, 30 mins more onto a ferry to Africa. The most common crime in this area would normally be drunken brit tourists, they had no capacity to cope with any crime other than those at kicking out time in a small uk village with a scuffle outside the chippy, it really was a bolt out the blue and they had nowhere near the resources to cope with anything like it and it was pretty unprecedented, there have been other kid related crimes in the area, but they were more inland away from the tourist areas and they would only make local news, not even national. Which again makes one wonder if someone wanted a child, moving inland and taking a local child would have been much easier with far less fall back - although blonde hair would not have been an option.

Even in busier portuguese places where i have seen armed robberies carried out against tourist or expat propertiess the local police are not geared up for that either, they have to get detective type task forces sent down from lisbon.

I know the locals hardly showered themselves in efficient glory, but some of the rubbish in the uk press just makes me laugh and i still have to wonder quite how kate managed to leave portugal to go and meet the pope whilst the rest of the town looked for her missing child, wild horses would not have moved my wife from that area.

That for me was the moment that i lost any amount of sympathy for them.I have been abroad a few times with my wife and 2 children,our last 3 holidays have been all inclusive in grounds with perimeter fencing and security on the gates and I STILL would never have left our 2 on their own.

All throughout our children`s lives we have firmly believed they are our responsibility and when we go out they come with us.My daughter is nearly 13 and my son is 10 and a half and I can honestly say I can count on one hand the amount of times we have had babysitters for them in all that time (never used babysitters whilst on holiday despite the option being there!).As a result they are well behaved and have impeccable manners when we dine out to the point we get a lot of compliments from restaurant staff and friends as well.

Whilst I have tremendous sympathy for the McCanns in losing their daughter,what they did was criminal and IMO it`s about time they are prosecuted for neglect.I will bet a pound to a penny if they were some chavs off a council estate they would already have had their other children taken off them and would have been dealt with accordingly.

Archived