BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] General Election Looming

Somethin similar to back that up here.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/video/videopla...0-1287275,.html

btw that Adam Boulton gave Home Sec Jackie Smith a right going over today. I said it the first time that I saw her after she had been appointed that she was clueless and very weak both intellectually and politically, and to date it appears my first impressions were right. Promotion to incompetance as a reward for loyalty is not the way forward.

I wouldn't feel confident voting for anybody these days. I'm so confused with Politics. I think rather than them always having a go with each other maybe they should take a step back and realise they themselves aren't helping our country and try and compromise on some issues rather than bickering between themselves and use the time they have in power wisely.

I think it's the Local councillors that deserve the plaudits not these big wigs ;)

If I'm honest I think if Gordon Brown hadn't bottled calling an Election I wouldn't have bothered voting Labour again this time round or anyone. I always believe everyone should have their say as it is important but I can now understand why people are fed up with it all and just don't vote anymore.

labour-2.jpg

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's fashionable now to be a moaner but it's ironic how we are patriotic about where we live one minute, but wouldn't open the front door to make it any better the next. The media determine the way most people are allowed to think in most walks of life. From the CDs you buy to the celebrities to adore (or despise) or the nature of the people in Government. We're all becoming ignorant to what is happening around us.

Here are a few of Labours” achievements”, which I posted on another thread. Two things that I do admire about the last ten years, is Labours ability to spin a situation /statistics better than any other party ( both current or past) . And the level of support they have engineered in the media

First Time buyers priced out of the housing market

Record House Re-positions

Record People declaring themselves bankrupt

Record levels of personal debt

Record levels of unsustainable immigration around 750,000-1000000 a year including the illegal’s)

Coinciding with the rise of home-grown and foreign terrorist, hell-bent on destroying our way of life

The erosion and breakdown of society

Record levels of Tax.

Fear of walking the streets, not just for the elderly but for all people

Increase in US style gangs ( increased gun & knife problem)

The first “run” on a bank in over 50 years.

High levels of government debt

Record levels of Debt in NHS trusts

2 failed wars

The Breaking of the military covenant in Iraq

The cutting of troop numbers & equipping the troops properly.

The pillaging and robbing of peoples pensions ( Mr Brown should have been sacked on the spot for this debacle).

Fuel reaching record level prices, including strikes

The loss of discipline in schools, the twisting of statistics in schools.

The debacle of the West Lothian question and Barnett formula

A Prime Minster that is not accountable to over 80% of the electorate

Top up fees in England, free education in Scotland- Voted in by a majority but only because of the Scottish MPS.

Free Prescriptions,care for the elderly & free education ( Scotalnd only)

My solution would be to shoot one politician a week until they get it right!

It would probably take about 2/3 weeks max to get things sorted :lol:

:rover:

Great idea. The country could vote on who to choose first. Make great TV like 'I'm a political survivor get me out of here'.

My money's on Podger Prescott to be first against the wall. :tu:

Here are a few of Labours” achievements”, which I posted on another thread. Two things that I do admire about the last ten years, is Labours ability to spin a situation /statistics better than any other party ( both current or past) . And the level of support they have engineered in the media

Don't be a pill*ck every day of your life. Of course there has been progress in many areas, maybe not the things you would wish to see but to suggest you get everything in life you want is immature... I have attached a list to see how many of these you disagree with?

50 Labour Achievements:

1. Lowest inflation rates for 20 years

2. Lowest long term interest rates for almost 50 years

3. National Minimum Wage

4. Record police numbers in England and Wales

5. Cut overall crime by 25 per cent

6. Record levels of literacy and numeracy in schools

7. Best ever primary school results

8. Per pupil funding in England increased by £1000 by 2005/6

9. Lowest unemployment for 29 years

10. Wrote off 100 per cent of debt owed by poorest counties

11. Over 67,500 more nurses

12. 19,000 more doctors

13. Brought back matrons to hospital wards

14. Devolved power to the Scottish Parliament

15. Devolved power to Welsh Assembly

16. Banned anti-personnel mines

17. NHS Direct offering free convenient patient advice at any time

18. New Deal - helped over 480,000 young people into jobs

19. 30 per cent real terms cash increase in local government funding

20. Equalised the age of consent for gay men

21. Free access to all national museums

22. Overseas aid budget almost doubled

23. Restored city wide government to London

24. Increased child benefit by £5 to £16.50 for the first child

25. Created Sure Start to help children from low income households

26. Introduced the Disability Rights Commission

27. £200 winter fuel payment to pensioners & extra £100 for over 80s

28. Embarked on £180 billion transport programme

29. Negotiated the historic Good Friday Agreement in Northern Ireland

30. 28,000 more teachers in England schools

31. Implemented the Freedom of Information Act

32. All workers now have a right to 4 weeks’ paid holiday

33. Record rises in the state pension

34. 2.1 million Children lifted out of absolute poverty

35. Introduced child tax credit giving more money to parents

36. Banned handguns

37. Cut long term youth unemployment by 75 per cent

38. Free nursery places for three and four year olds in Scotland

39. Free fruit for all four to six-year-olds at school.

40. Free school milk for five, six and seven year-olds in Wales

41. Record police numbers in Scotland

42. Implemented the Human Rights Act

43. Cleanest rivers, beaches, drinking water and air since the industrial revolution

44. Free TV licences for over -75s

45. Banned fur farming and the testing of cosmetics on animals

46. Every single NHS waiting list indicator is now more positive than 1997

47. Free local bus travel for the over-60s and the disabled in Wales and Scotland

48. Record number of students in higher education

49. Brought in the Race Relations (Amendment) Act 2000, outlawing race discrimination in all public functions.

50. Five, six and seven year-olds in class sizes of 30 or less

- no they havent, they agreed not to use them unless the situation calls for it.

Banning landmines is stupid, they will be used, putting the money squadered in Diana's "ban landmines" campaign into clearing landmines would have been a much better way of saving lives.

36. Banned handguns

What you mean the legislation after Dunblane?

Don't be a pill*ck every day of your life. Of course there has been progress in many areas, maybe not the things you would wish to see but to suggest you get everything in life you want is immature... I have attached a list to see how many of these you disagree with?

50 Labour Achievements:

3. National Minimum Wage

4. Record police numbers in England and Wales

8. Per pupil funding in England increased by £1000 by 2005/6

11. Over 67,500 more nurses

12. 19,000 more doctors

13. Brought back matrons to hospital wards

15. Devolved power to Welsh Assembly

17. NHS Direct offering free convenient patient advice at any time

18. New Deal - helped over 480,000 young people into jobs

19. 30 per cent real terms cash increase in local government funding

22. Overseas aid budget almost doubled

23. Restored city wide government to London

24. Increased child benefit by £5 to £16.50 for the first child

26. Introduced the Disability Rights Commission

28. Embarked on £180 billion transport programme

29. Negotiated the historic Good Friday Agreement in Northern Ireland

30. 28,000 more teachers in England schools

31. Implemented the Freedom of Information Act

32. All workers now have a right to 4 weeks’ paid holiday

33. Record rises in the state pension

36. Banned handguns

37. Cut long term youth unemployment by 75 per cent

43. Cleanest rivers, beaches, drinking water and air since the industrial revolution

47. Free local bus travel for the over-60s and the disabled in Wales and Scotland

49. Brought in the Race Relations (Amendment) Act 2000, outlawing race discrimination in all public functions.

TBQH - Pillock, I have never said that Labour have achieved nothing, just very little In terms of the amount of tax they have collected.

I think it’s a sad state of affairs when you list the below as achievements. In over ten years of government, you’d of thought you would come up with a few more biggies than some of those trivialities you have stated. The other “achievements” on your list ore okay is your Scottish, Welsh (im guessing you’re not English because if you were you’d see what was going in on, in terms of unequal public spending and West Lothian, as a massive injustice not an achievement) or believes everything the Labour run media tells you

14. Devolved power to the Scottish Parliament- Okay if you’re Scottish

15. Devolved power to Welsh Assembly- Okay if you’re welsh

33. Record rises in the state pension- That’s okay when you’ve robbed and ransacked billions from private pensions

35. Introduced child tax credit giving more money to parents- What an absolute shambles this system has turned out

38. Free nursery places for three and four year olds in Scotland- Paid for by the English

40. Free school milk for five, six and seven year-olds in Wales- Paid for by the English

46. Every single NHS waiting list indicator is now more positive than 1997- Really?

47. Free local bus travel for the over-60s and the disabled in Wales and Scotland- Paid for by the English

TBQH - Pillock, I have never said that Labour have achieved nothing, just very little In terms of the amount of tax they have collected.

I think it’s a sad state of affairs when you list the below as achievements. In over ten years of government, you’d of thought you would come up with a few more biggies than some of those trivialities you have stated. The other “achievements” on your list ore okay is your Scottish, Welsh (im guessing you’re not English because if you were you’d see what was going in on, in terms of unequal public spending and West Lothian, as a massive injustice not an achievement) or believes everything the Labour run media tells you

It was just a random list, sorry there wasn't enough for you. I'll send you the UNISON book of 300+ Labour Achievements, that would probably be easier. What's your address?

50 Labour Achievements:

Thatchers legacy to Blair

Hmmmm... whose figures are those?

I cannot believe that.

Depends whose counting Lies damned lies and statistics.

I'm no economist BUT this country owes well over 1 trillion pounds! More than the entire debt of the continent of South america. Whose going to write that lot off for us?

I wouldn't brag about the implications of that considering Brown's position.

19. 30 per cent real terms cash increase in local government funding.

Sorry but I hadn't noticed

FFS! So now your son can take it up the arse before he can drive, vote and drink. The only people happy about that will be middle aged faggots.

To help em what exactly?

I didn't realise that we had 2.1 m kids with big bellies and flies around their mouths.

Prob is that no one can persuade those parents to work more than part time now!

36. Banned handguns

You really are taking the p1ss with that one. Rather than ban em should they not simply stop people from using them?

Why not England?

You should ask Stephanie Lawrence about the benefits of that.

Better to make em pay for their TV and give em free council tax!

That seems to have improved I'll give you that.... only as far as Montague Health centre is concerned mind.

I didn't know that! Have they been told? Cos I never see anybody on the damn things.

Completely unecessary and btw ......That comes under the heading of stealth tax! They used to call "Maggie Thatcher the grant snatcher" in the 70's but she was just playing at it compared to this lot. btw why are the rules different in Scotland?

Old hat! That is you simply scraping the bottom of the barrell. The RRA was brought in 30 years ago! That represents a pifflingly minor amendment

Maybe. But rem learning is down to the quality of teacher at the front of that class, and lots of them nowadays are sub-standard. Plenty of teachers cannot spell or are not competent at arithmatic and that is the crux of it.

There's no excuse for ignorance. There are many good things about this country brought in by a government I critisise to.

Exactly right. This country lives in a bizarre vaccumn where nobody gets any real credit for anything but everybody is very quick to attribute the blame. Blair was not perfect- he made a few very large mistakes, and relied upon media manipulation very heavily - but he was no satan which many seems to think he is. The bottom line is that the country he left is significantly richer than when he found it, more employment, very stable in a time of instability. The economy is growing, living standards are increasing.

THere are things that I don't like too - the growth of inequality being my number one concern, the war in Iraq etc- but it is important to be balanced. It is hard to take any completely negative critique seriously as manifestly a large amount has changed over the last decade with much for the better and some for the worse.

And I would also like to point out that Politicians of every pursuasion go out and do a job most of us would hate to do, in an arena defined by public service. If we despise it, and consider only those who are dispicable could desire to do it, like a self-fulfilling prophesy we will be granted dispicable politicians.

The political system of our country is quite a beautiful thing if considered realistically, one that has guided and defined a country which is free, fair, broadly equal in opportunity. It is a system that has been copied across the globe and massively successful. While it should be something criticised but also celebrated.

But we never ever do the celebration part of it, and most of the people growing up in the country today through casual bile handed out in pubs, student unions, in the newspapers, think they are growing up in a decrepid country ruled over by thieves, incompetants and idiots. By any comparative measure - either with the UK's parliamentary past or other current political systems abroad - the nation seems competantly staffed, only moderately blundering (as all political systems are and have been), and successfully delivering a high quality of living to it's citizens.

It could be improved of course, and it should be aggressively made to improve by people being interested in and having respect for the political process. Unfortunatley people seem to have the bizarre notion that the democratic system is powerless, even when aware of hundereds of years of improvements in human rights, living standards, literacy, international movement, increase in peaceful period, intranational organisations, growth of charity and community organisations, women's suffrage, reduction of ethnic discrimination, unionism, free market reform all provoked by democratic institutions.

Essentailly the problem I have that the image circulated about government seems so ludicrously out of touch with the enormously secure, wealthy and well admistered lives the vast vast majority of people in the UK lead.

It is not perfect, it has faults, but it does work and plays a great role in all our lives. It is essentailly a human institution. Unfortunately it only gives us out what we are willing to put in, which at present seems to be very very little.

Exactly right. This country lives in a bizarre vaccumn where nobody gets any real credit for anything but everybody is very quick to attribute the blame.

Some people are, other with a more positive outlook on life can recognise how the country has changed and improved in the last ten years or so.

thenodrog

I'm no economist BUT this country owes well over 1 trillion pounds! More than the entire debt of the continent of South america. Whose going to write that lot off for us?
I think you will find this figure is UK personal debt; i.e money borrowed by the public. No doubt that's all Labour's fault as well. Somebody decides to run up a credit card bill they can't pay and it's the government's fault. I think the last published figure for government debt was £487 billion in 2003, but I'm not sure.

Plenty of teachers cannot spell or are not competent at Arithmatic

BTW - it's arithmEtic

Some people are, other with a more positive outlook on life can recognise how the country has changed and improved in the last ten years or so.

So non Labour supporters are psychologically flawed as well as politically misguided (or is that another misinterpretated post I've read :rolleyes: )

This may very well apply to you , Paul ; for millions it doesn't ....I won't bother to give a list of the groups I'm on about - from sh!t scared pensioners trapped in their own homes to soldiers fighting a war of aggression on behalf of a foreign power - there are too many of them .

What bugs me most of all about the society created by the Thatchers and Blairs of this world is the "I'm all right Jack " attitude .

I think my vote will go to Roversmum :tu:

Great idea. The country could vote on who to choose first. Make great TV like 'I'm a political survivor get me out of here'.

My money's on Podger Prescott to be first against the wall. :tu:

:lol:

Wish I had thought of that one

"get em up against the wall"

:lol:

I think you will find this figure is UK personal debt; i.e money borrowed by the public. No doubt that's all Labour's fault as well. Somebody decides to run up a credit card bill they can't pay and it's the government's fault. I think the last published figure for government debt was £487 billion in 2003, but I'm not sure.

BTW - it's arithmEtic

That's another case of Gordonomics I'm afraid. Our Great Leader is keeping PFI initiatives off the balance sheet ( that's many of the new hospitals) and public sector pension liabilities ( estimated at £ 1 trillion by actuaries!). As for the guy who seems to think low interest rates were an achievement of the Labour Party, has he never heard of the Greenspan put FFS?

If you were worried by sub prime mortgages in the States, well our mortage debt is 50% higher and our houses priced at almost 50% more ( and their average wages are a quarter higher). No more boom and bust? GB has been warned by the IMF, OECD and the World Bank, and he has ignored them for political gain. It will take a miracle for the UK to avoid a sh@t storm arriving in about 6 months time.

So non Labour supporters are psychologically flawed as well as politically misguided (or is that another misinterpretated post I've read :rolleyes: )

I don't think political affiliation has anything to do with it. Some folk are negative, you appear to be an example, others are positive, which is the outlook I prefer to have on life. It's apparent you are incapable of seeing anything positive and while I am well aware of the negatives in this country, most of which we have agreed about in the past, I refuse to spend my life being negative when there is so much good going on. Spend one's life blaming everyone else, not saying you do but millions do so, and you will get absolutely nowhere...fast!

This may very well apply to you , Paul ; for millions it doesn't ....I won't bother to give a list of the groups I'm on about - from sh!t scared pensioners trapped in their own homes to soldiers fighting a war of aggression on behalf of a foreign power - there are too many of them .
Don't know about pensioners so won't comment and, yes, of course the war in Iraq is wrong. I'd bring them all home tomorrow and spend the money saved in the UK - as I posted on here at the start of the Iraq war.

What bugs me most of all about the society created by the Thatchers and Blairs of this world is the "I'm all right Jack " attitude .

I think my vote will go to Roversmum :tu:

Yep we can certainly lay that one firmly at Maggie's feet.

Archived