• Savage
    • Reid
    • MGP
    • Santa
    • McCarthy.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Confidence is well and truly shot. [/stating the obvious] It was very shaky at the start and it was only a matter of time before we conceded. It was awful. The whole half has been awful and they have not played like this for a very long time. The naive long ball football that has been played this half will not help getting back into the game, but I suppose that is a long shot anyway. There are the wider issues of form and general quality that transcends this match.

In a way I'm glad Heskey got injured because he was always falling to the ground and calling for medical attention anyway.

EDIT: Thankyou Santa Cruz from me as well. I turned off the game just before half-time and missed his goal. I intended to watch the second half anyway, but couldn't wait for half-time.

One thing that alarmed me before kick off as the inclusion of Reid and Savage in the centre of midfield and Pedersen on the left - I knew we'd struggle. Sorry, but Hughes must hold his hand up on this one - he picked the wrong team. There's a suggestion here to me that hes done it to try and keep a few people happy and its backfired. Discounting Bentley, there is no flair or creativity in that midfield at all. A poor decision.

Archived