BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Radio 1 Censors Pogues' Fairytale

Might get court marshalled for posting this :rolleyes:

Clicky

What gets me is the way they keep reporting it on the news on Radio 1. They say the word Faggot a few times, then play the song with it in. Surely the word is being used more now, than when it was just in the song - which if it was going to offend people - it will now. It's political correctness gone mad!

What gets me is the way they keep reporting it on the news on Radio 1. They say the word Faggot a few times, then play the song with it in. Surely the word is being used more now, than when it was just in the song - which if it was going to offend people - it will now. It's political correctness gone mad!

Until I saw this I thought she was calling him a bundle of old sticks! Now I am truely offended! :rolleyes:

There is actually a campaign to get this song to number one for Xmas instead of the usual X Factor drivel, so this may be a snekay way of raising interest. Best Xmas song ever by the way, go out and buy it! Say no to Simon Cowell!

I'm all for that. The X Factor song is absolute gash. If that gets to number one (as I'm sure it will) it shows how marketing can sell anything!

On a slightly related politically correct note - earlier this year Jeremy Clarkson was in hot water from the media watchdog Ofcom after he described a car on Top Gear as "ginger beer".

Ofcom said that the phrase - rhyming slang for 'queer' - could offend homosexuals. The BBC condemned the comment from Clarkson and told Top Gear presenters to avoid comments which related to "sexual orientation".

What a sensitive politically correct nation we've become....

Link to the Clarkson story

Your thoughtful anti-PC post wasn't very PC Mr Bleak...

unless you were being ironic, which in that case it was very funny... As for faggots, I've always prefered a bit of haggis. Similar taste though wouldn't you agree?

No it's both ....

Cambridge Online dictionary

faggot (HOMOSEXUAL)

noun [C] (INFORMAL fag) MAINLY US SLANG

a homosexual man. This word is considered offensive when it is used by people who are not homosexual.

Which makes one wonder what it is considered as when it is used by faggo... err..... homosexuals? :blink:

Archived