BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hang Em High

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Taxpayers' money put to better use and a deterrent for starters.

You seem to like a bet Eddie - perhaps you could lay a wager on the preferred method of execution! Rope, bullet, knife, electric chair, Burnley season ticket........

you evil MUTHU ######

My mate's a big Burnley fan. Upset at how bad his team were playing he took out his season ticket, pinned it on a nail on the back of the seat and left the ground.

When outside he realised how hasty he'd been and rushed back inside to his seat.

Someone had pinched the nail.

Taxpayers' money put to better use and a deterrent for starters.

You seem to like a bet Eddie - perhaps you could lay a wager on the preferred method of execution! Rope, bullet, knife, electric chair, Burnley season ticket........

It costs more to execute than to keep in Prison.

Simple fix to current problem. Build more prisons, harsher sentences and no state sanctioned bloodlust

It costs more to execute than to keep in Prison.

Simple fix to current problem. Build more prisons, harsher sentences and no state sanctioned bloodlust

Your first paragraph refers only to the ridiculous present day American system whereby a convisted prisoner can sit on his/her arse on death row for decades on end . Even I would argue that this is a breach of human rights ........

Carried out correctly by a dispassionate legal system withour reference to ultra liberal sensitivities there is nothing to prevent a convicted prisoner having an appeal and , if unsuccessful , being executed within a matter of days .

The cost , compared to a lifetime in prison , would be minimal .

Your statement "...state sanctioned bloodlust" is just emotive , schoolboy nonsense . I think our legal system is quite capable of convicting and executing a person (should the required laws be changed) without judges and jury acting like lynch mobs .

What I would describe more correctly as "state sanctioned bloodlust" is the current system whereby killers , rapists and paedophiles are let loose on the streets after a minimal gaol sentence . Let's start thinking more of the human rights of the victims rather than the perpetrators .

Let's start thinking more of the human rights of the victims rather than the perpetrators .

That is the crux of the matter. Thousands of innocent victims killed every decade because we as a society are scared that we might possibly against all the odds create just one innocent victim. It's skewed, and when the matter is completely beyond dispute as in the Sophie Lancaster case it's a dereliction of duty to society..

In 05/06 there were 766 murders (including 52 in the bombings) from a population of 60m. (Not including the MILLIONS of illegal immigrants that have flooded our streets ;) )

Which is 0.00001 per head of population or 1 in 78,328

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. I think Britain is a fairly safe place to live.

If only the weather was better..... :)

In 05/06 there were 766 murders (including 52 in the bombings) from a population of 60m. (Not including the MILLIONS of illegal immigrants that have flooded our streets ;) )

Which is 0.00001 per head of population or 1 in 78,328

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. I think Britain is a fairly safe place to live.

If only the weather was better..... :)

766 eh? Not too many that unles you happen to be one of em, or family/friend etc. BUT can you do some research to back that up and find out the criteria that is to be satisfied in defining of the term 'murder' as opposed to unlawful killings, manslaughter etc etc? Be warned the play on words can be a can of worms.

Notwithstanding that here are 766 people who were killed unecessarily and yet no one seems willing or able to stand up for their or their families rights. Just as a comparison 32 people died from nv CJD yet that generated much more publicity and action.

My brother was head-butted in a club last night in a totally unprovoked attack. A juiced-up chav simply fancied assaulting the big lad walking past him. Luckily I'm not in charge of the CJS because said vermin would currently be in an anonymous farm yard on the Monaghan border hanging from a big oak tree.

766 eh? Not too many that unles you happen to be one of em, or family/friend etc. BUT can you do some research to back that up and find out the criteria that is to be satisfied in defining of the term 'murder' as opposed to unlawful killings, manslaughter etc etc? Be warned the play on words can be a can of worms.

Notwithstanding that here are 766 people who were killed unecessarily and yet no one seems willing or able to stand up for their or their families rights. Just as a comparison 32 people died from nv CJD yet that generated much more publicity and action.

Exactly.

Media created hysteria.

If you didn't read the media you would live a happy existence

By the way, your point about looking at the figures for manslaughter is irrelevant. If someone is convicted of manslaughter there is no way they could face the death penalty, so it shouldn't even come into the debate. Manslaughter is killing without intention, there is no way it reflects poorly on society apart from possibly indicating that we are careless, lazy or irresponsible.

Manslaughter is killing without intention, there is no way it reflects poorly on society apart from possibly indicating that we are careless, lazy or irresponsible.

Without 'premeditation' rather than intention I think eddie, which means a whole world of a difference.

Without 'premeditation' rather than intention I think eddie, which means a whole world of a difference.

The mens rea of murder is an intention to kill or cause grievous bodily harm. .

Malice aforethought is an outdated term and the act of murder does not require premeditation or malice.

The mens rea of manslaughter is also intent. The defences involved in voluntary or involuntary manslaughter result in the offender being less culpable than if the act had been murder.

If someone is convicted of manslaughter there is no way they could face the death penalty, so it shouldn't even come into the debate. Manslaughter is killing without intention, there is no way it reflects poorly on society apart from possibly indicating that we are careless, lazy or irresponsible.

You assume a lot there , Eddie .

I can think of quite a few circumstances of manslaughter which would both reflect poorly on society and deserve the death penalty .......

I'm sure I'm not alone in suspecting that many "mansllaughter" convictions of today would not have been classed as such a few decades ago .

Maybe I'm being cynical in suspecting that it gives the politicians an ideal opportunity of claiming that the murder rate hasn't changed much over the years ......

Early days yet but unless some extenuating circumstances come out that I can not in any way imagine at this moment in time then another one should be due to swing for this.....

http://news.aol.co.uk/man-hunted-over-stud...0011?country=uk

I am beginning to get run down by all of this. I can not understand why people can not accept that actions require actions of a similar magnitude to sink into peoples brains that the action they took was wrong. I understand that a person that is put to death no longer has the ability to register that he is now dead and that if he does the same thing again he will be killed again, but, the collection of people in the immediate area now know that if you are a muppet and go and kill someone you also will be killed. If you steal, your money and (if you can not afford to repay the amount) your freedom will be taken away.

Archived