BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nfl 08

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was on Sky Sports last year (although I dont think it was live) so I'd imagine they'll show it again this year. I've been meaning to check so I will do so tonight. Can't wait til it's over and done with so they start talking about something else on Total Access!

I've gotten very into the NFL since the Super Bowl (I've been interested in the college game for longer I have to admit). NFL.com is a fantastic site for instance that is extremely accessible for the relatively uninformed. I'm quite looking forward to the draft as it happens. What are the predictions from the more seasoned fans?

From what I can tell the big stories are Matt Ryan's destination (Atlanta, Kansas, Miami, Baltimore?) and which big name prospect the Dolphins will take first. Jake Long out of Michigan is strongly touted. A Freudian slip however from the Miami GM last week suggested that defence was the focus. The spotlight would shift therefore to LSU's Glen Dorsey (who was brilliant in the Championship Game against Ohio State) or Chris Long from UVA.

here ya go matt ...rd 1

1 Miami Dolphins

2 St. Louis Rams

3 Atlanta Falcons

4 Oakland Raiders

5 Kansas City Chiefs

6 New York Jets

7 New England Patriots

8 Baltimore Ravens

9 Cincinnati Bengals

10 New Orleans Saints

11 Buffalo Bills

12 Denver Broncos

13 Carolina Panthers

14 Chicago Bears

15 Detroit Lions

16 Arizona Cardinals

17 Minnesota Vikings

18 Houston Texans

19 Philadelphia Eagles

20 Tampa Bay Buccaneers

21 Washington Redskins

22 Dallas Cowboys

23 Pittsburgh Steelers

24 Tennessee Titans

25 Seattle Seahawks

26 Jacksonville Jaguars

27 San Diego Chargers

28 Dallas Cowboys

29 San Francisco 49ers

30 Green Bay Packers

31 New York Giants

It was on Sky Sports last year (although I dont think it was live) so I'd imagine they'll show it again this year. I've been meaning to check so I will do so tonight. Can't wait til it's over and done with so they start talking about something else on Total Access!

Personally, I love the off season for this very reason! FA and draft speculation is very interesting and its fun to read or watch mock drafts. The speculating is entertaining and I find it more engaging than the "transfer window" talk for the premiership, for some reason.

It was a good FA for us, I'm very interested to see what happens during the draft now.

it says 8pm? it usually starts at 5 ish here..????

mc fadden :the talk on the sites i go on reckon if the fade dont get him we will.

I hope the Broncos take a RB, but I don't think McFadden will slip to 12. Rashard Mendenhall or Jonathan Stewart would be fine. Even Ray Rice out of Rutgers, although he may still be around in round 2.

Just checked the Sky planner, it's definitely 8pm on Saturday.

Didn't Brady Quinn slip to 22 last year? Or was he expected to go so low?

No he slipped - which is the answer to your previous question. The Browns traded their 2008 first round pick to the Cowboys in order to move back up in to the first round and take Quinn last year.

I'm terribly unexcited by this years draft as there is little chance that the Bears address either of their two main areas of concern: QB and RB. Not a star-studded draft his year that is for sure. Not a year to have a top draft pick and have the burden of a huge rookie contract for a bunch of fairly unexciting players.

I hope the Broncos take a RB, but I don't think McFadden will slip to 12. Rashard Mendenhall or Jonathan Stewart would be fine. Even Ray Rice out of Rutgers, although he may still be around in round 2.

Just checked the Sky planner, it's definitely 8pm on Saturday.

******************quote*******************************

From Scouts Inc. Insider:

RB Stewart headed to Denver?

Following up on a note from last week, RB Jonathan Stewart continues to be a hot topic in scouting circles as he moves back up the board following turf toe surgery in March. Stewart's surgery combined with several nagging injuries during his college career sent his stock sliding, but now that he has healed and tested for teams again it is clear most are comfortable that his toe is not an issue.

Denver (No. 12) and Carolina seem to have the most interest among teams in the top 20, and we're told the chances are good that the Broncos will take Stewart if their favorite offensive tackle prospect -- Chris Williams -- is off the board. Denver has always felt it could find running backs in the later rounds and turn them into 1,000-yard rushers in its zone blocking system, but that philosophy has not worked out in recent years and the Broncos obviously think Stewart would be a nice fit in their offense

***************unquote****************************************

I'm terribly unexcited by this years draft as there is little chance that the Bears address either of their two main areas of concern: QB and RB. Not a star-studded draft his year that is for sure. Not a year to have a top draft pick and have the burden of a huge rookie contract for a bunch of fairly unexciting players.

Really? I think most teams would disagree.

There are plenty of very exciting linemen this year, on both sides of the ball. A couple of the RBs are getting a fair bit of press as well, just look at the McFadden hype. Matt Ryan look interesting as well. There's Chris Long, Jake Long, Gholston, Dorsey...should be interesting.

Yeah, but I can't see us getting either McFadden or Ryan and I'm not even that sold on either of them. I haven't seen too much college football, but Dorsey is the only player I've really een impressed with.

By the time it gets to pick 14 the bears will end up going for a linesman and that won't change much for next season.

Archived