BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Uk Clubs Vrs The World

I was looking through the usual cr@p on sky the other night and came across a football rivalries program. Now this featured around Fenerbahce and Galatasaray which we all know is a rather hostile derby. The game was stopped several times for various problems, over a thousand seats were ripped up by the home fans. Coins and other missiles thrown at players and officials and several people were stabbed after the game.

Eastern Europe has a terrible problem with hooliganism and abuse towards black players. The Zenith fans the other night could be heard making monkey chants towards Jean-Claude Darcheville and have had several high profile incidents this season alone.

Can anyone explain to me why UEFA are unable or unwilling to place restrictions on these clubs who repeatedly have problems?

We now have talk about banning Rangers for the trouble the other night. We have threats about repercussions should problems occur in Moscow. But yet UEFA fail to take appropriate action against clubs that have consistently failed to control the supports. The odd fine here, the odd fine there is all that ever happens.

We've discussed this many time over the years but it really does get on my nerves!

Usually it's because a lot of the trouble is domestic, whereas the English hooliganism in the 80s followed clubs and the national team abroad. Now of course domestic trouble isn't anything that should be ignored, I'm just saying I've heard that argument used a lot.

It's also rather tiresome to hear the "If it was an English club, we'd be thrown out of Europe" mentioned every time something happens abroad. Because it's pure bs. English clubs were banned after years of hooliganism culminating in 39 people getting killed. And something like that hasn't happened since. British clubs do get all those special warnings, but as long as you act in a normal manner (Which has been the case for several years now) it's nothing to worry about. And if those threats help with keeping order, then I'm all for it.

Because the problem lies in the culture of those countries, not the clubs themselves. It's usually a minority of the supporters that do this, but you can neither pick them all our nor achieve anything by punishing the club. And keep in the mind that some do it simply to "stick it" to the big western clubs regardless of the consequences.

The best you can do is promote anti-racism and hope that in time attitudes change.

roy race's angry diatribe against hooligans and hoodlums of all kinds turned me away from football violence. (we don't want you and FOOTBALL DOESN'T WANT YOU)

other countries need to subscribe to the melchester oracle.

then again they were fictional and he drove a helicopter into the ground. tard.

How are you GAV?

Do those responses help?

If this was a pub, as it was once advertised as, I'd have fecked off over the road a long time ago.

Not bad pal

Yes I'd be with you.

I don't understand why uefa don't intervine in some of these foreign leagues. Here for example, there is hooliganism, and i mean real hooliganism, every week and nothing is done. Only the FA fining the clubs but the clubs don't seem to control the fans. Its still pay on the gate everywhere so there is no control on banning hooligans by clubs. The worst, by far, are Banik Ostrava..who are in the UEFA cup next season....this is probably where UEFA will wake up...because there is going to be big trouble. Ive never seen Ostrava fans NOT causing trouble and it doesn't matter who they are playing....infact sometimes they don't even need rival fans...last week a drunk ostrava fan jumped off the train and died. The good thing here i suppose is the police have zero tolerance and arent scared to kick the **** out of these 'fans'.

Yesterday was the final day and we had riots by Sparta fans after they lost the championship...they also destroyed several seats in Slovan Liberec stadium...after the derby a few weeks ago they made hundreds of thousands of pounds damage to slavias stadium.

Bohemians 1905...who actually have very good fans, got relegated yesterday and rioted...altho they were in ostrava so probably had no choice. I went to teplice vs kladno which was peaceful apart from one smoke bomb and kladno fans setting the seats on fire.....and Poland is 10 times worse than here.

Basically, unless UEFA do something to these clubs, instead of wasting time on English clubs where its just a bunch of chavs running away from each other, theres going to be some serious casualties.

I was looking through the usual cr@p on sky the other night and came across a football rivalries program. Now this featured around Fenerbahce and Galatasaray which we all know is a rather hostile derby. The game was stopped several times for various problems, over a thousand seats were ripped up by the home fans. Coins and other missiles thrown at players and officials and several people were stabbed after the game.

Eastern Europe has a terrible problem with hooliganism and abuse towards black players. The Zenith fans the other night could be heard making monkey chants towards Jean-Claude Darcheville and have had several high profile incidents this season alone.

Can anyone explain to me why UEFA are unable or unwilling to place restrictions on these clubs who repeatedly have problems?

We now have talk about banning Rangers for the trouble the other night. We have threats about repercussions should problems occur in Moscow. But yet UEFA fail to take appropriate action against clubs that have consistently failed to control the supports. The odd fine here, the odd fine there is all that ever happens.

We've discussed this many time over the years but it really does get on my nerves!

One simple explanation, they are not English. Seem to remember us being threatened with expulsion for the Euros for singing rather be a paki than a turk, which in itself is not race related. It's nationality related. But why sweat the small stuff.

One time single out burst of singing and we are threatened with expulsion, REPEATED, racist offenses at these other places just result in a small fine.

The violence in Italy is mind boggling, why not BAN them from Europe, like they did us.

No Gav I have no explanation but the governing bodies willingness to find reason to boot us out of competitions has always cast doubt over some of the dodgy reffin decisions we been subject to.

Get on your nerves Gav?? It bloody infuriates me.

Because the problem lies in the culture of those countries, not the clubs themselves. It's usually a minority of the supporters that do this, but you can neither pick them all our nor achieve anything by punishing the club. And keep in the mind that some do it simply to "stick it" to the big western clubs regardless of the consequences.

The best you can do is promote anti-racism and hope that in time attitudes change.

When exactly did we become so beat down and passive, throw up our arms and hope things change? Bloody Nora. Wow, I'm stunned.

NO that is not the best that can be done NOT BY A LONG CHALK. Yes that can keep happening in tandem with SEVERE bans for these Countries National teams, just like we endured. You blow off an issue because it's the culture, bloody hell.

It's also rather tiresome to hear the "If it was an English club, we'd be thrown out of Europe" mentioned every time something happens abroad. Because it's pure bs. English clubs were banned after years of hooliganism culminating in 39 people getting killed. And something like that hasn't happened since. British clubs do get all those special warnings, but as long as you act in a normal manner (Which has been the case for several years now) it's nothing to worry about.

A big reason that nothing has happened to us is probably that (as far as I'm aware) nobody has ended up dead from our hooliganism since then?

I work with a Turkish lad, a big fenerbahce fan (followed them all over europe)

He says the Fenerbahce/Galatasary rivalry isn`t just football, it`s a class struggle that has gone on for centuries. When the clubs were formed Fenerbahce came from a poor part of Istanbul & Galatasary came from a wealthier district. Now-a-days it`s fenerbahce (the club) that is richer, but the fans are still poor. Life is alot cheaper in these eastern european countries & weapons such as knives are carried by most men. In the UK if somebody insults you or your heritage, you can settle it with a punch-up. In countries such as Turkey, these arguements are settled with knives & other weapons. If somebody dies, it`s not such a big problem.

On a lighter note, my Turkish mate doesn`t like Tugay because of his Galatasary links, but also says he`s met him & Tugays kids are Fenerbahce fans & wear the blue & yellow shirts. He also hates Souness with a passion! :D

I work with a Turkish lad, a big fenerbahce fan (followed them all over europe)

He says the Fenerbahce/Galatasary rivalry isn`t just football, it`s a class struggle that has gone on for centuries. When the clubs were formed Fenerbahce came from a poor part of Istanbul & Galatasary came from a wealthier district. Now-a-days it`s fenerbahce (the club) that is richer, but the fans are still poor. Life is alot cheaper in these eastern european countries & weapons such as knives are carried by most men. In the UK if somebody insults you or your heritage, you can settle it with a punch-up. In countries such as Turkey, these arguements are settled with knives & other weapons. If somebody dies, it`s not such a big problem.

On a lighter note, my Turkish mate doesn`t like Tugay because of his Galatasary links, but also says he`s met him & Tugays kids are Fenerbahce fans & wear the blue & yellow shirts. He also hates Souness with a passion! :D

i think me and him could be good mates :rover:

Archived