BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shall We Have A Bet?

I also had the spain and sweden double on :rover:

Whats everyones thoughts on tonight. I think the swiss could be worth a bet but havent checked the odds. The czechs will get found out tonight so maybe a 3-0 portugal at good odds....or play safe with over 2 goals.

The first game I'm not touching. I've already backed the Czechs to win the tournament at 25's but they looked shoddy first game. I'll just be happy for them to get anything tonight.

The second game the Swiss are favourites but I'm not so sure. If Turkey lose they are out. I think I'm going to back Turkey with 0.5 goals start on the handicap at 21/20.

Alternatively I cold come on here after the games and claim a 40/1 stunner. :rolleyes:

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've gone for Turkey (+1) on the handicap because I think they'll get at least a draw. Also gone for under 2.5 goals in that game since neither team looked capable of scoring that many based on their opening games.

I laid 1-0 turkey at 10/1...cha ching

Just waiting for the over 2.5 to come in now although could do with this being a draw to keep the mrs sweet...she wasnt to impressed with the 3-1 defeat and even more furious when she found out i put money on portugal.

Of course you did Eddie. :rolleyes:

And you also felt so kind as to tell us 3 minutes after Turkey had gone in front when you had all the second half to inform us of this master stroke.

Lets get this right. So far you've winners at 40/1, 7/1, another 40/1, and 12/1 in four days all posted after the event. I smell a bit of bully.

OK. For tomorrow at the moment I have Ballack to score in a 2-0 or 3-1 win for Germany. Will add more before the games. I tend not to post them before as I do them either during the match or last minute (I also feel that once I let people know about them they'll never come true).

Of course you did Eddie. :rolleyes:

And you also felt so kind as to tell us 3 minutes after Turkey had gone in front when you had all the second half to inform us of this master stroke.

Lets get this right. So far you've winners at 40/1, 7/1, another 40/1, and 12/1 in four days all posted after the event. I smell a bit of bully.

Would you like a screen shot of my account?

Here you are...think that is all that I have mentioned on here. Had 2 more pounds on Pepe first and 5 on deco as well as some money on the two accumulators that I have posted, but they are through a friend's account so I can't take screen shots of them at the moment.

Must add, that I win a lot of bets as I place quite a few, although rarely in any large amount. I tend to be at ok at picking relatively long-odd winners so for the moment it makes a decent profit, but it's hardly as if everything I bet on is a winner and I could provide screen shots on plenty of losers that would have looked like masterstrokes had the right person scored or had results gone a certain way (missed out on a lot of 6/7/8+ accumulators by only 1 or 2 results).

Oh and no apology needed.

At the end of the day why we would he lie? he wouldn't gain anything from it. I know I myself don't like posting some of my bets because I'm slightly superstitious, in that when I do they seem to come up less often (silly I know). It did seem a bit fishy that you were claiming winning numerous bets at long odds after the games had finished though.

How much money do you have for your 'betting funds' then Eddie? A lot it would seem by some of thoose screenshots.

I started the tournament with £50, Luckily for myself I've over trebled that amount already. Today was my worse day of the tournament still managed to make a small profit though. Wish I had gone for the Portugal/Turkey double now but I wasn't totally confident and it did take a last minute goal for Turkey to win.

I've maxed out at 800 when I've had some big wins (superbowl for example). I always withdraw just after a big win though, I never like to have more than 100 on my account at one time as it makes me put on too many stupid bets. At the moment as I'm still playing off winnings I'm happy to spend all of that, but I was just lucky enough to get some good wins a bit ago and I've been able to play off profits ever since then, which makes it easier to win.

Looks like he has had a few winners afterall.

I got a 4/1 today, my 1st bet of the euros. I think all my original stake and winnings will be going on tomorrow's double too. What do people think of Polands chance against Austria tomorrow??

Have won on 4 out of 5 doubles so far in Euro 2008, never had this kind of run before.

Just a shame I haven't put more than £2 a time on though. :rolleyes: At least it helps make some of the games a little interesting.

Gone for a Germany / Austria combo tomorrow.

As griz said...I'd have no real reason to lie (after Germany tomorrow I won't be posting bets before results...unless of course the Germany bets are winners and this is my new lucky charm).

Fair play and well done Eddie. I was wrong.

It was just starting to look suspect every night.

And best of all you've know got a photobucket account. :P

Im new to this betfair stuff so, without me sounding daft, can someone please explain to me in English the ins and outs of laying bets?

What is the best way to play it?

The way i see it is if you lay on high odds, theres more chance of you winning but you only win your stake plus original stake...and if you lose...it can be high.

Laying at low odds means safer in terms of how much you lose but harder for the bet to win right?

How do you people use this system?

Thanks

Im new to this betfair stuff so, without me sounding daft, can someone please explain to me in English the ins and outs of laying bets?

What is the best way to play it?

The way i see it is if you lay on high odds, theres more chance of you winning but you only win your stake plus original stake...and if you lose...it can be high.

Laying at low odds means safer in terms of how much you lose but harder for the bet to win right?

How do you people use this system?

Thanks

When you lay when something is low it doesn't make it harder to win, it just means that what you are betting against is more likely to happen. It's essentially the same as going to any bookies and backing a horse at 2/1 or 40/1, just imagine that this time you want the 40/1 to stick true to form, but if you lose you'll have to pay out 40 times what you put down, if he doesn't win then you'll win the bet that was matched against you.

As for tonight, I'm plumping for a Germany and Poland double. Austria v Poland is a tough one to call as both teams look pretty poor, but I think a bit of the Polish attacking talent will shine through and I'm going to go for them to win 2-1.

Archived