BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Best Films Of The Last Two Decades

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh yes, how did we miss that one?

I thought I mentioned, but I've mentioned loads of them.

I saw Die Hard 4.0 on Sunday night, i really enjoyed it but in a switch brain off after no sleep for 30 odd hours kind of way.

The thin red line is a pile of pretentious crap. Dull and tiresome in the extreme. Only film ive ever fallen asleep at. Crimson tide is an excellent film

You obviously never got dragged to the cinema to watch Titanic

Platoon - no idea when it was made though

IT - never looked at clowns in the same way again

Empire Strikes Back - Luke I am your father! that shocked the world

Back to the Future - can't believe no-one else has said it

Trainspotting - not a patch on the book though

Semi pro - I laughed from start to finish

Team America - see above

Dusk till Dawn - Vampire strippers quality

Any Bruce lee film - I know they don't fit but their mint

Kill Bill 1 & 2

Dune - real sci fi

Breakfast Club - gave detention status

Goldeneye - proper Bond

Chronicles of Riddick - I'm allowed one poor one

Ferris Beuler's day off - If only I had the balls he had at school

Many more but that'll do for now!

Watched "There will be Blood" last night.

Very disturbing film in my view, but an excellent one.

The character Daniel Day Lewis plays is an absolute nut-bar, his performance captures your attention, it's absolutely stellar.

A real sense of foreboding in the film, there are large tranches for which no words are spoken. It also looks quite gothic as well.

Good film, but not your usual.

I normally don't like films where nothing much happens (eg About Schmidt, bloody terrible film that), but this was something else.

Or when the Esso man keeps on mentioning his son.

I kept thinking to myself: "You should really leave alone there, pal!"

i didn't quite understand how Eli's brother goes to see Plainview at teh beginning of teh film, then you never see him again. What happened to him?

Thanks again for all of this information and the great conversation, I have been crunching the paper and the movies mentioned.

When I get home from uni this afternoon I have some questions about previously mentioned movies, any opinions will be appreciated.

Bryan mentioned Daniel Day Lewis.

That immediately got me in mind of "My Left Foot." The film about the life of the writer Christy Brown who was born with cerebral palsy and was considered to be mentally handicapped

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christy_Brown

Both Daniel Day Lewis & Brenda Fricker quite rightly received Oscars for their performances. It's a very moving film.

And as for the "important film" nomination... I thought that this was a bit ethemeral. Maybe this one fits the bill.

Just watching Steven Seagal in Belly of the Beast, Surley worthy of the title Best Film ever....How there was never any oscars or awards for not just his acting, story, plot, fight Scene's, But the amazing social commentry of a country on the edge and how us as outsiders take another culture for gran-- Sod it i cant do it, It was a load of crap and i really need to go and bang my head agains the wall a few times to get the memory of that tripe out of my head!

Just watching Steven Seagal in Belly of the Beast, Surley worthy of the title Best Film ever....How there was never any oscars or awards for not just his acting, story, plot, fight Scene's, But the amazing social commentry of a country on the edge and how us as outsiders take another culture for gran-- Sod it i cant do it, It was a load of crap and i really need to go and bang my head agains the wall a few times to get the memory of that tripe out of my head!

Anything that has that Chuck Norris/Lorenzo Amoruso wantabe in it should be avoided.

Nauseating crap.

The previous two posters have obviously got no taste. Steven Segal is a towering actor of the highest quality. He shows the full range of the human experience in each and every film.

Actually he is ___, but that is why I love his films.

Kurt Russell is a far far better actor than Seagull.

His films are far better than The Matrix sequels that is for sure. That should have been just one film.

Agree with you there, The Matrix took it's self way to serious.The only bit worth watching in the second one was the bike chase down the wrong side of the free-way.

At least with Seagal,Norris,Russell you know they dont take themselves too serious and you can just switch off drink a beer and enjoy.

Archived