BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

Without being rude, any source which say Randy Lerner had any kind of say in whether he was a target are bullshit. He doesn't interfere, that's the one thing he is commended on. He has no say in our targets, he gets given a name and he writes the cheque. Anything like that which your coming out with about investments in property etc would only have come after MON said he wanted him.

Also, Lerner is a business man, what makes people think he'll randomly throw money at failing property projects. He isn't an idiot.

Tom,

You would agree, that the whole scenario is weired :wacko: rite from Freidel's interview over the Ince appointment, to walking out of Villa Park.

His smile and demeanor, looked as though the whole world had been lifted from his shoulders.

Totally different from the Ince interview, and two totally different situations as well, I know.

As for failing investments.

Freidel's academy must be a bottomless pit at the moment, but has great potential, so in that respect he would not be an idiot, only an astute business man, whatever the motive. :blush:

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i can tell you all that brad friedel did not leave rovers for european football and there is a very good reason for this.

i have got it from 2 very good sources that our brad is not too far away from bankruptcy, because his dealings in the property market back home in america, have gone tits up. this would mean that the football school he is setting up over there would go under as a result and would leave him completely cashless. this is where not aston villa comes into the equation but randy lerner. randy lerner knows people through his dealings in america and he has offered to bail brad out of trouble and make significant investments in his projects, providing that he signs for aston villa. i can tell you that villa/martin o'neill weren't even looking at brad to sign him, until randy lerner approached him with the offer that he has.

so, in a nutshell....it has got absolutely nothing to do with brad not wanting to play for rovers anymore or wanting to play in european competition, but solely about the big financial problems that he has got, back home in america.

Gotta link BB?

Tom,

You would agree, that the whole scenario is weired :wacko: rite from Freidel's interview over the Ince appointment, to walking out of Villa Park.

His smile and demeanor, looked as though the whole world had been lifted from his shoulders.

Totally different from the Ince interview, and two totally different situations as well, I know.

As for failing investments.

Freidel's academy must be a bottomless pit at the moment, but has great potential, so in that respect he would not be an idiot, only an astute business man, whatever the motive. :blush:

I think your reading too much into it looking at demeanor in interviews. He got offered double money and an extra year, he took it, neither you lot or us lot expected him to leave but he did. I don't read any more into it than that...I never thought Mr Aston Villa Gareth Barry would ask to leave either.

Any truth in the rumour that Liam Ridgewell is coming from Brum, just seen a rumour on the net

No no no no and no. You mustn't. Take it from me he is AWFUL and if you sign him there is a big chance of big trouble if he's actually going to play.

I think your reading too much into it looking at demeanor in interviews. He got offered double money and an extra year, he took it, neither you lot or us lot expected him to leave but he did. I don't read any more into it than that...I never thought Mr Aston Villa Gareth Barry would ask to leave either.

No problem Tom.

Time will tell, in both cases.

More news...

1156: The transfer market is certainly picking up with the new season just a matter of weeks away and another huge signing could be about to go through with Robbie Keane set to complete his £18million move from Tottenham in the next 24 hours.

The Republic of Ireland international is believed to be undergoing a medical with the Anfield club today.

1153: Andy Johnson's agent says the Everton striker is having a medical at Fulham.

this thread is meant to be about blackburn, what planet are you currently orbiting?

Friedel was offered more money but I dont believe that there was a contract extension so of course he's taken the better option for him.

As far as I am concerned, Brad was a fantastic servant for this club and I'll applaud him everytime he returns to Ewood.

well double his money and an extra year, equals 4 years wages extra, which is quite good. although I believe Brad would have been a very wealthy man regardless, my sympathies do not extend to him

Latest rumours regarding Warnock to Newcastle are that Newcastle are no longer interested, if at all they were in the first place, and instead they are going to field Coloccini and Burdisso at centre back, with Burdisso playing at left back when required.

Have you told the Independant. :lol:

I think that Tottenham selling Keane does have a place in here, as it might fund a bid for Bentley. Everything is related! Chains and dominos!

Maybe...although I'm sure they'll spend the majority (if not all) of it on another striker. Surely they won't go in to next season with just Berbatov and Bent as recognised strikers.

I wonder how Bentley feels. Spurs obviously have bigger priorities than they had a couple of weeks ago, which might mean that young bentley might not be the 1st on their list. What type of reception might he get from the Rovers faithfull if the season begins and he's still here.?

Newcastle want Warnock...they are offering Duff...Rovers have not accepted the idea yet.

If they do then we can analyse it to death.

The fact that it keeps rumbling tells me someone is encouraging Newcastle.

NICKO AS THE CHILEAN LAD COME YET . AND IF SO AS HE TRAIN WITH THE BOY TODAY CHEER,S NICKO

NICKO AS THE CHILEAN LAD COME YET . AND IF SO AS HE TRAIN WITH THE BOY TODAY CHEER,S NICKO

Yes his plane thats due in tomorrow accidently flew over the Island from LOST got caught in a time travel bubble and blew apart luckily Pineapple landed on the wing of Rovers return flight from Portugal so the rest of the lads went out and joined him for a kick about! :lol:

TOMORROW NOT BEFORE NOT AFTER TUESDAY 29/07/08!! :rolleyes:

Nicko, is this one of the names we might be looking at to bring some competition for the right back position?

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=104398

I'm sure NICKO mentioned him the other day so maybe, wonder if theres been any move for Osorio after his poor showing for Stuttgart the other day?

Archived