BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nicko, 2 simple questions;

How busy do you reckon the gaffer and staff are behind the scenes with regard to making signings and looking for players, ie, relaxed attitude or rushing a little? (just want to have an idea of whats happening behind the scenes... I presume the meeting between the scouts happened in Portugal?

How many players do you reckon were going to sign (/need to sign) before the new season? Thats excluding Fowler, and taking Bentley's departure into account...?

Nicko, 2 simple questions;

How busy do you reckon the gaffer and staff are behind the scenes with regard to making signings and looking for players, ie, relaxed attitude or rushing a little? (just want to have an idea of whats happening behind the scenes... I presume the meeting between the scouts happened in Portugal?

How many players do you reckon were going to sign (/need to sign) before the new season? Thats excluding Fowler, and taking Bentley's departure into account...?

Right back, two midfield, poss reserve keeper, maybe a right winger.

I believe there was a meeting in Portugal but it all sounds a bit vague, with a lot of question marks about who is leaving to be sorted before moves can be made for targets.

Villanueva should be in soon - Fowler will stay for the time being.

what are the odds for a 11 o'clocker tonight?

Slim at this stage.

Some news about but nowt Rovers-wise.

Yet.

I know you've kept it to "Poss", but really???

We must have half the goalkeeping population of England on our books already? Are we just trying to corner the market?

Frank Fielding was at my local team last season and performed heroics. Apparently they have high hopes for him for the future. Not sure how long Jason Brown or Gunnar Nielsen will last under the new regime.

Right back, two midfield, poss reserve keeper, maybe a right winger.

I believe there was a meeting in Portugal but it all sounds a bit vague, with a lot of question marks about who is leaving to be sorted before moves can be made for targets.

Villanueva should be in soon - Fowler will stay for the time being.

Slim at this stage.

Some news about but nowt Rovers-wise.

Yet.

Whats our transfer budget for these five (well four if you exclude Bentley sale/new RW)?

Frank Fielding was at my local team last season and performed heroics. Apparently they have high hopes for him for the future. Not sure how long Jason Brown or Gunnar Nielsen will last under the new regime.

Words to describe his performance the other day "hedgehog caught in the headlights of a juggernaught"... :lol:

Absolutely, the lads a real rising star.

But i've not heard many bad things about the others either - Ok so they're not up to the standard where they could take the helm completely, but (for fear of sounding like a youth team promoter) i would have thought they could act as a decent understudy between them.

Words to describe his performance the other day "hedgehog caught in the headlights of a juggernaught"... :lol:
Oh.

Dammit.

Whats our transfer budget for these five (well four if you exclude Bentley sale/new RW)?

Good question.

Speculation.

10m pre season

3m from trustees.

3m balance on MH/PI comp, guess work

-1m ish Robinson/ Freidel

So I'm guessing at around 15m.

It's a guess.

Nicko,

If spud's are still hot on DB, having now sold Keane. It would seem the money for Bentley is now there.

Spuds must now be sat on close to 35m

If a new bid is not received matching our valuation within say 48hrs.

Would you still remain confident that the deal will be done, as reported.

I wonder how Bentley feels. Spurs obviously have bigger priorities than they had a couple of weeks ago, which might mean that young bentley might not be the 1st on their list. What type of reception might he get from the Rovers faithfull if the season begins and he's still here.?

I'm sure the Blackburn End will come up with something :lol:

Nicko,

If spud's are still hot on DB, having now sold Keane. It would seem the money for Bentley is now there.

If a new bid is not received matching our valuation within say 48hrs.

Would you still remain confident that the deal will be done, as reported.

Depends what Spurs spend on Keane's replacement. They will go for a striker first - and that might leave them out of pocket.

Bentley still in limbo.

Wouldn't be suprised if Bentley ended up in the same position as Gaz Barry at Villa with regards to Liverpool. Liverpool have spent that wad of cash on Keane, meaning a move for Barry will be unlikely.

With regard to Spuds, they will undoubtably blast their money away on Arshavin and another player, probably never heard of in England...

This will leave the tapped up Bentley mooshed by the Rovers squad and unwanted by the rest of the teams.

My guess is Spurs and Liverpool were only ever willing to spend a max of £12 million on Bentley, and the fact the club wouldnt allow the so called 'big teams' to walk allover us has probably turned their noses up! :lol:

Really hoping this is true!! http://msnsport.skysports.com/story/0,1952...3878909,00.html

Archived