BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Villa have been looking for another left back for quite a while. Fortunately Bouma played every game last season so O'Neill is now in the position of having no right back at all and only one injured left back. I doubt he would be looking at Warnock as once Bouma is fit he would be back in. Shorey is the most likely, especially as Villa play Reading this week in a friendly.

QUOTE (Denis_B @ Jul 28 2008, 08:54 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I doubt he would be looking at Warnock as once Bouma is fit he would be back in. Shorey is the most likely, especially as Villa play Reading this week in a friendly.

How does that logic apply to Warnock but not to Shorey?

QUOTE (Denis_B @ Jul 28 2008, 09:02 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Because for a start I would expect Shorey to be cheaper and also more 'gettable'

.....but he would only play until Bouma came back, which was your argument for them not going for Warnock.

I doubt we've much to fear from Villa.

And Shorey has made in clear as far back as January he wanted out and the club won't stand in his way. That may not be the case with Warnock and O'Neill can't do with another long 'stand off' he needs a left back now.

I was more pee'd off with the fact at the moment it seems open house at Rovers and any club can come in and buy any bugger they want! Not happy!!! STOP UNSETTLING OUR PLAYERS

That's exactly how I feel at the moment. We had another good season last year and any player who played well has either left or is being linked with a move away to clubs who are no better than us, just have rich American owners. Hughes' departure seems to have given clubs the impression that they can take anyone they want off us.

blah. we cant send warnock to newcastle and get duff in return. who are we going to put on left back? and gamst is better than duff?

i fear keegans comments of praise of duff is just a way to talk up his value and make other clubs (rovers) interrested.

He mentions a straight swap :o

:lol:

That's what Newcastle are aiming for...no wonder you laugh.

Selling Warnock is one thing, giving him away is another.

This may yet collapse because of Newcastle's stupidity. I cannot see the Rovers heirarchy accepting those terms...ever.

That's exactly how I feel at the moment. We had another good season last year and any player who played well has either left or is being linked with a move away to clubs who are no better than us, just have rich American owners. Hughes' departure seems to have given clubs the impression that they can take anyone they want off us.

it's not just us though.

its happening to most clubs! spurs, arsenal etc

c'est la vie....time to get used to it.

Has Meester Pineapple head entered the country yet?

That's just down to sorting out visas, etc. I would hope when he is cleared that the club do what they did with Roque last year...and throw an open day party.

Kind of makes the players feel at home.

blah. we cant send warnock to newcastle and get duff in return. who are we going to put on left back? and gamst is better than duff?

i fear keegans comments of praise of duff is just a way to talk up his value and make other clubs (rovers) interrested.

i know losing Warnock will be a blow to Rovers but don't forget we have got Olsen as well who plays left back and looks a very good player

It is happening to every club. Even the big 4 are facing problems this year. Arsenal (Adebayor, Flamini), United (Ronaldo) Chelsea (Lampard, Carvalho, Drogba).

The similarity between Us and Chelsea this season are significant. Mourinho steps up at Inter and suddenly all of Chelsea's players are reported as want-aways.

The same happened to Blackburn and Ince - when Mark Hughes took over at the Eastlands.

i know losing Warnock will be a blow to Rovers but don't forget we have got Olsen as well who plays left back and looks a very good player

is he prem top 6 quality? and then who is backup? and just what are we going to make duff do? push gamst out of the team? play in the center/right?

Nicko, seeing as though there isn't much Rovers news at the minute to update on, how about (and I know it breaks the rules) your take on:

- Sunderland and Diouf

- Newcastle and Coloccini

- Everton and Moutinho

- Liverpool and Keane

Nicko, seeing as though there isn't much Rovers news at the minute to update on, how about (and I know it breaks the rules) your take on:

- Sunderland and Diouf

- Newcastle and Coloccini

- Everton and Moutinho

- Liverpool and Keane

Who is Kaboul and Malbranque going to?

Archived