BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

Nicko, i spotted this on a footballing blog and its been posted on some football forums:

"Keano should tie up his move to Liverpool this week but to soften the blow Spurs will announce the capture of Bentley and one other player on the same day. Robinson's move to Blackburn was a sweetener in the Bentley deal."

It could be BS, but i was just wondering if you have heard anything?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no better PR than JW and PI.

They are the ones who make the decisions, they are the ones accountable.

Not some paid hired hand, twisting words, and situations just to make it look good for all.

All quotes, and statements to the press, "Are the truth at the time" with regard to fact.

And if you believe that, then you just found Rovers PR.

i can tell you all that brad friedel did not leave rovers for european football and there is a very good reason for this.

i have got it from 2 very good sources that our brad is not too far away from bankruptcy, because his dealings in the property market back home in america, have gone tits up. this would mean that the football school he is setting up over there would go under as a result and would leave him completely cashless. this is where not aston villa comes into the equation but randy lerner. randy lerner knows people through his dealings in america and he has offered to bail brad out of trouble and make significant investments in his projects, providing that he signs for aston villa. i can tell you that villa/martin o'neill weren't even looking at brad to sign him, until randy lerner approached him with the offer that he has.

so, in a nutshell....it has got absolutely nothing to do with brad not wanting to play for rovers anymore or wanting to play in european competition, but solely about the big financial problems that he has got, back home in america.

i can tell you all that brad friedel did not leave rovers for european football and there is a very good reason for this.

i have got it from 2 very good sources that our brad is not too far away from bankruptcy, because his dealings in the property market back home in america, have gone tits up. this would mean that the football school he is setting up over there would go under as a result and would leave him completely cashless. this is where not aston villa comes into the equation but randy lerner. randy lerner knows people through his dealings in america and he has offered to bail brad out of trouble and make significant investments in his projects, providing that he signs for aston villa. i can tell you that villa/martin o'neill weren't even looking at brad to sign him, until randy lerner approached him with the offer that he has.

so, in a nutshell....it has got absolutely nothing to do with brad not wanting to play for rovers anymore or wanting to play in european competition, but solely about the big financial problems that he has got, back home in america.

Sounds controvercial..... I hope Brad's lawyers aren't trawling websites!!!! :mellow:

I've heard similar.

I doubt this messageboard is a good representation of that.

Maybe......but do you think it will be in Rovers best interests if Bentley stays?

Personally, when a player asks to leave, I lose interest in him.

In this case, I actually believe that it would work out OK if no-one manages to stump up the cash in time. Either way, I'm not really concerned about this guy anymore.

Maybe......but do you think it will be in Rovers best interests if Bentley stays?

Personally, when a player asks to leave, I lose interest in him.

In this case, I actually believe that it would work out OK if no-one manages to stump up the cash in time. Either way, I'm not really concerned about this guy anymore.

If Barton deserves a second chance.. I'd forgive and forget Bentley's little misjudgment assuming he knuckles down.He is still young and impressionable.

Rubbish, why don't we just face facts, he's left because he wanted to go. We could sit here all day and i find it embarrasing that were even mentioning this. He was a great servant and we'll be remembered by us as the greatest keeper ever to put on a Rovers shirt. I wish him all the best at Villa. If he got more money for it so be it, Rovers could have offered him more to stay but we didn't. I believe it was the length of contract that enticed him, knowing your going to have a decent contract until 2011.

If a player wants to leave they will leave. I am yet to encounter a situation where a player wishes to leave, the club says no and the player is still at the same playing level as before.

Contracts are meaningless in the year 2008 in football.

If Brad, Warnock, Bentley etc leave it is because they want to, Ince has nothing to do with this.

Rubbish, why don't we just face facts, he's left because he wanted to go. We could sit here all day and i find it embarrasing that were even mentioning this. He was a great servant and we'll be remembered by us as the greatest keeper ever to put on a Rovers shirt. I wish him all the best at Villa. If he got more money for it so be it, Rovers could have offered him more to stay but we didn't. I believe it was the length of contract that enticed him, knowing your going to have a decent contract until 2011.

He only recently signed a new contract, why should he get another one?

So the logic is that now that Newcastle have bid for Warnock, we should offer him a £10K rise (even though he signed a new contract a few months ago).

Brad asked for a transfer- he has admitted it, that is a fact.

Friedel was offered more money but I dont believe that there was a contract extension so of course he's taken the better option for him.

As far as I am concerned, Brad was a fantastic servant for this club and I'll applaud him everytime he returns to Ewood.

If a player wants to leave they will leave. I am yet to encounter a situation where a player wishes to leave, the club says no and the player is still at the same playing level as before.

Contracts are meaningless in the year 2008 in football.

If Brad, Warnock, Bentley etc leave it is because they want to, Ince has nothing to do with this.

He only recently signed a new contract, why should he get another one?

So the logic is that now that Newcastle have bid for Warnock, we should offer him a £10K rise (even though he signed a new contract a few months ago).

Brad asked for a transfer- he has admitted it, that is a fact.

exactly. the only reason to have them on contract is to make sure you get some money when they leave. as for bentley - sell him now. dont wait for him to sulk and fail to deliver the goods.

You didn't rate Brad then - or you think Robinson is the best keeper in the Prem/World? :lol:

I just think that we got the best out of brad and now is a good time to move on with Ince's arrival.

Robinson at 27 is by far a much better goalie than brad was at that age...Fact.

Therefore, we've got a good deal. It makes sense to me anyway. ^_^

If theres going to be movement on Bentley its got to hapen soon hasn't it? Spurs have got in a combined 30m by now I think?

Yes, but who is the biggest priority now for spuds, if the dosh comes via Liverpool.

Arishavin.

Capel.

Bentley.

+ god knows how many others.

You are spot on my friend, a very reliable source who works at ewood,says that is the word going round and that he has hit problems with his properties in America and is moving to get one more big pay day and all this re.moving for MONeil is a smokescreen

Without being rude, any source which say Randy Lerner had any kind of say in whether he was a target are bullshit. He doesn't interfere, that's the one thing he is commended on. He has no say in our targets, he gets given a name and he writes the cheque. Anything like that which your coming out with about investments in property etc would only have come after MON said he wanted him.

Also, Lerner is a business man, what makes people think he'll randomly throw money at failing property projects. He isn't an idiot.

Whoah, whoah whoah!

If Friedel hadn't applied pressure to get out of the door and sign for Villa, then I'm certain Ince would've kept. So all this "It was Ince's decision to sell him" is a non-sequitur.

Some people need to calm down. At this rate some of you will be predicting a plague of locusts over the blackburn area ...

Whoah, whoah whoah!

If Friedel hadn't applied pressure to get out of the door and sign for Villa, then I'm certain Ince would've kept. So all this "It was Ince's decision to sell him" is a non-sequitur.

Some people need to calm down. At this rate some of you will be predicting a plague of locusts over the blackburn area ...

There is, but not of the insect type. Media, Agents and Managers. :lol:

i have got it from 2 very good sources ......

As soon as 'good sources' are thrown into the sentence, it's often time to suspend all credibility methinks... Such good sources they only tenuously relate to Lerner & don't even know his financial bona fides? Why does no-one admit to 'bad sources'??

Is that horse??..... is that sheep?..... no, it's bull...... But someone will believe you :o

Archived