BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McGeady isnt THAT fantastic. Just coz he's boomlash on championship manager, it really dont mean he's actaully great. I think he has decent potential, but i also dont think he could cut it in the premiership. the EPL is far too much of a step up in quality from the SPL. An amazing SPL player will probably only be a good EP player at best

McGeady isnt THAT fantastic. Just coz he's boomlash on championship manager, it really dont mean he's actaully great. I think he has decent potential, but i also dont think he could cut it in the premiership. the EPL is far too much of a step up in quality from the SPL. An amazing SPL player will probably only be a good EP player at best

Yep, just look at that great white hope Barry Furguson. :lol:

Man U won't pay that kind of money for Berbatov. Spurs are messers but that valuation is ridiculous even by their standards.

I don't think Fergie will go for Roque at this stage...and what would he cost anyway?

Not liking the at this stage part, but thanks for the info!

I don't get spurs at all surely Ramos must be going to Levy and saying sign them I need time before the season kicks off to bed them in and get them to understand how I want them to play. If I was Ramos I would be getting very frustrated with him. I know he wants the best price he can get but surely by now Levy must realise one we will not take less than 17M for Bentley.

Also do you reckon spurs will find some middle ground over Berbatov???

Yep, just look at that great white hope Barry Furguson. :lol:

Hey being a Jock I rate ferguson, he more than capable of being a good prem player, and I was over the moon when he signed for us. I just never felt his heart was in it!

An SPL player would be a Barry Ferguson in the EPL- 'nuff said (and I know I didn't want Rovers to cave in on that one).

The good thing about Bentley is:

1) we have what Villa did successfully with Barry three weeks ago as a guideline as to what to do next

2) we have a track record of being total tough nuts with a club that doesn't matter (Spurs) which must make Man U think twice about going for RSC

If ManU still decide to go for RSC, we just put RFW talking about Real Madrid on the Rovers telephone message system whilst his PA goes looking for JW.

Incidentally, the silence out of Ewood on Warnock might equally be a sign of contempt/not taking Newc seriously as much as something nasty going on the QT. Either way £2m is risible especially as Keggy is reported to have offered £4m for Senderos this week-end. Come on... this is the same club that paid £8m for Boumsong!!

An SPL player would be a Barry Ferguson in the EPL- 'nuff said

Off the top of my head -

Mark Viduka.

Mikel Arteta.

Giovanni Van Bronckhorst.

Tugay.

David Weir.

Henrik Larsson.

Pierre Van Hooijdonk.

All successful in the Premier League and/or elsewhere after having played in Scotland.

Mark Viduka.

Mikel Arteta.

Tugay.

David Weir.

Henrik Larsson.

Pierre Van Hooijdonk.

how many were successful in other top leagues (leagues with teams in champs league that get out of the group stages) before they went to the sunday league? ^_^

Off the top of my head -

Mark Viduka.

Mikel Arteta.

Tugay.

David Weir.

Henrik Larsson.

Pierre Van Hooijdonk.

All successful in the Premier League and/or elsewhere after having played in Scotland.

Paulo Di Canio

Off the top of my head -

ANY OF THEM MORE RECENT ADDITIONS THAN WEE BARRY?

Mark Viduka. Not Scottish and not the most fearsome EPL forward

Mikel Arteta. Not Scottish and yes very good

Giovanni Van Bronckhorst. Not Scottish and not playing in the EPL

Tugay. Not Scottish and didn't fit into the kick'n rush stuff up there hence a success in the EPL

David Weir. Yes a big star in the EPL-- who does he regularly appear for?

Henrik Larsson. Not Scottish and the only true world class talent in the list

Pierre Van Hooijdonk. Brilliant until he stupidly left Forest

My point is that the SPL in 2008/9 has as much chance of providing the EPL with a brilliant star performer as the Chillean League....

Here's hoping, fingers crossed, lucky heather.....

Aiden McGready is born in Glasgow, raised in Glasgow lived all his life in Glasgow and is as qualified to play for the ROI as I am (yes, I had an Irish grad-dad).

Shirley David Weir is not a Toffee great, not even qualifies as a gob stopper, never mind a hundreds and thousands.

how many were successful in other top leagues (leagues with teams in champs league that get out of the group stages) before they went to the sunday league? ^_^

My point is that the SPL in 2008/9 has as much chance of providing the EPL with a brilliant star performer as the Chillean League....

Here's hoping, fingers crossed, lucky heather.....

Didn't Celtic make it past the group stages again this year, I also seem to remeber watching Rangers in the UEFA cup final, didn't they also come with in a whisker of making it to euro 2008 beating some rather notable teams along the way. All in all not bad for a country of 5M people and operating a sunday league.

but mcgready is irish... :blink:

He was born in scotland the only reason he plays for Ireland is down to the SFA, and the celtics decision not to allow there kids to play for there schools. In scotland at the time if you did not play for your school you could not play for scotland so the Irish grandfather rule came into play!! <_<

Archived