BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

If this is true I just cannot see how swapping Warnock for Duff can benefit us.

The worrying thing is why might Warnock "fancy it?" Could it have something to do with being coached by an amateur coaching team/pensioners club? I'd imagine so because, as I've said before, going from being coached by one of the most highly qualified young coaching teams in Europe to Ray Mathias and Archie Knox must be pretty disappointing...

Nicko, any news on what really happened with Castillo? That seems suspect too...

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How about we do on the left what we did on the right, shove Pedersen to left back and Duff left wing, it would be a great left and right combination, well it would it Bentley didn't want to go.

I hope thats meant as a joke?! :huh:

Im going to go to bed before i really loose my temper, this is getting silly...

Fair doo's we effectively swapped a 37 year old with a 28 year old, going in the right direction. Now swapping a 26 year old with a crocked 29 year old is silly...

Hell why dont we just get it over and done with now. Bring in Fowler, sell Santa Cruz. Swap Samba for José Enrique. Swap Bentley for some other piece of rubbish and allow Gamst to go to Spurs with Hossam Ghaly coming to Ewood, then we can happily wave goodbye to topflight footie! ;)

Night everyone... Hope for better news tomorrow!

I guess I'll be the only one welcoming Duff if he comes back....Fair play to those who hold a grudge against him or think he's past it...but for me, he was the best Rover I've seen at Ewood (Shearer before my time)...and i would love to think that he could recapture that form and love for the Rovers (which I believe he truly had)....saying that, we would have to get a fee plus Warnock for me to be happy....but this is one supporter who would love to see Duffer in the blue and white haves!

This new management is realy beginning to ###### me off.its easier to get a decent right back, yet we have been struggling to find one for years. Its even harder to find a quality left back. We have a quality left back, and we want to give him away.ince or whoever is even considering this can go (Please don't use that word again) themselves.sorry if im sounding emotional, but this is our club, and we shouldnt allow ###### like this.Since we appointed Ince, its just gone from bad to the ultimate ridiculous and its making us look stupid. We laugh at other clubs for doing stupid things, but look at whats happening at our beloved club. Im waiting on mum and philip to continue where i left off.

This new management is realy beginning to ###### me off.its easier to get a decent right back, yet we have been struggling to find one for years. Its even harder to find a quality left back. We have a quality left back, and we want to give him away.ince or whoever is even considering this can go (Please don't use that word again) themselves.sorry if im sounding emotional, but this is our club, and we shouldnt allow ###### like this.Since we appointed Ince, its just gone from bad to the ultimate ridiculous and its making us look stupid. We laugh at other clubs for doing stupid things, but look at whats happening at our beloved club. Im waiting on mum and philip to continue where i left off.

Your right.

If its Ince who is considering this, which i sincerely hope it isn't, it aint good news!

What a stinker of a swap

WARNOCK/DUFF - I know it has been and is still being discussed. I couldn't tell you if there is a cash adjustment involved in the discussions between Paul Ince and Dennis Wise. You would have to think Newcastle needed to pay Rovers quite a bit. The article in the paper did not include the last few pars which suggested there would be some resistance to the move within Blackburn...and that is the case.

OCHS - Is a decent right back, quite a good CV and someone I respect liked the look of him when he saw him last week. Like I said, one of a handful of targets.

Not sure there is anything else Rovers-wise worth talking about in the papers. Predictable Roque and Bentley stuff, but nothing new.

cheers nicko...is there any new news on takeover or are we paying rothchilds for taking peeps out for fancy lunches still :lol:

Rothschilds costs are met by the Trust as far as I am aware so are not charged on Rovers' accounts.

These Warnock/Duff links are seriously WIERD. But the thought of Ince and Wise getting together to cobble something is seriously scary for both clubs involved.

Cheap shots apart, I simply fail to see any deal that would satisfy both players and not leave both clubs needlessly heavily and unnecceassarily out of pocket.

I only hope Ince has not picked up on some of the more mindlessly hostile elements in the Rovers' support and decided that bringing Duff back is the quickest and easiest way to gain favour. Duff smacking a hattrick in a friendly at Hartlepool last week does not equate to him being one of the most exciting players in the world again because sadly the Special One destroyed him at Stamford Bridge, probably irrecoverably.

Final point, Ochs is not a bad choice if we are looking at him.

sorry i thought we were paying them to find us a buyer, which could include us paying them for the prospective buyers lunch......anyway does it still look quiet on that front. i for one am sort of 1/2 and 1/2 over ince's start to his riegn, a very good bit of buisness over robinson(750.000 for an england international in todays market is crackin if you take freidel sale money into account),a couple of wins pre season,but some of me does worry if we dont find a buyer then its certain relegation withn 3 seasons.....we need to be able to offer the wages and attract top players if we are to survive and all the talk of players goin is makin me v.nervous

These Warnock/Duff links are seriously WIERD. But the thought of Ince and Wise getting together to cobble something is seriously scary for both clubs involved.

Cheap shots apart, I simply fail to see any deal that would satisfy both players and not leave both clubs needlessly heavily and unnecceassarily out of pocket.

I only hope Ince has not picked up on some of the more mindlessly hostile elements in the Rovers' support and decided that bringing Duff back is the quickest and easiest way to gain favour. Duff smacking a hattrick in a friendly at Hartlepool last week does not equate to him being one of the most exciting players in the world again because sadly the Special One destroyed him at Stamford Bridge, probably irrecoverably.

The Warnock-Duff conversations began BEFORE that hat-trick...I just didn't hear about it until much later.

Newcastle genuinely believe that Warnock is coming, it's all very strange.

Yawn yawn yawn...

Other than replacing our 37 year old keeper not one player has left. There's been couple of promising pre season performances against strong opposition, with an exciting insight to the potential style we will incorporate next season. We are signing some Chilian bloke who has had you all creaming yourselves for the past week on a cautious loan deal with view to purchase as to not waste silly money in the event that, like so many, he can't cut it in England.

Yet, before a competetive ball has been kicked, Ince is we don't like that word, please don't use it up our club?

The mind boggles, it really does.

Didn't it look weird with Friedel at VP. Anyway Nicko whats the latest on Bentley will a deal actually be agreed this week? I wouldn't be surprised Villa coming in for Warnock now what happened with Bouma.

Shilitoe, its fine to say this and that, and we have had impressive performances, but ince or jw needs to come forward and squash these rumours. Its realy unsettling for everybody.

Wait a minute on this one...NEWCASTLE are the ones making the running. The fact that they still think they have a chance suggests the PLAYER is the one keeping it alive.

Although I do agree that it's the manager who should be stopping it.

Watch this space.

From TV features I saw on Ince whilst at MK Dons, the impression I got was how hungry players in League 2 where. Their careers where constantly on the line, relegation meant finding a new career and I think he wants the same hunger from Rovers players. If a player wants away (warnock ??) then even though he wants to keep him he'll probably play along with it to see what or more likely who he can get in return. If its Butt, Milner and Owen/Viduka/Martins then maybe its got a chance.

From TV features I saw on Ince whilst at MK Dons, the impression I got was how hungry players in League 2 where. Their careers where constantly on the line, relegation meant finding a new career and I think he wants the same hunger from Rovers players. If a player wants away (warnock ??) then even though he wants to keep him he'll probably play along with it to see what or more likely who he can get in return. If its Butt, Milner and Owen/Viduka/Martins then maybe its got a chance.

Yeah i agree the players need hunger, but we need Quality too.

Nicko - heard anything on this:

* Middlesbrough boss Gareth Southgate is launching a raid on Blackburn for midfield star David Dunn.

Gareth Southgate wanted James Harper at Reading but has decided - over this weekend - that he will try Gary O'Neil in a central role.

So I doubt that the Boro link is true.

Nicko, Keegan did say yesterday that they were "definitely" getting another left back. Do you think the deal (whether it definitely includes Duff or not), is far down the line?

Newcastle want Warnock. That is definite. This one could develop quickly - with the players back from Portugal and one or two futures to be sorted out.

Although I'm pleased to welcome Robinson I'm still very angry about Brad leaving. Once these rumours start sooner or later an offer may come that the player or the club fancies and you've no chance. Bud. Nip in, please JW.

I see no reason for Stevie Wanock to leave. Please, Mr Ince, put your foot down and say NO!!!!! Especially if Dennis Wise is involved. Don't trust the blighter.

I was absolutely devatated when Duff left but time passes, that was then and this is now. Thank you, Duffer, I will never forget the joy you gave us when you played for Rovers and we all sang "All you need is Duff" but even then you were prone to injury.

The thought of Newcastle (Newcastle for goodness' sake, NEWCASTLE, folks....) offering a paltry sum and a crocked player for one of our brightest stars is making me so cross.

This has to stop. NOW.

Anyway Nicko whats the latest on Bentley will a deal actually be agreed this week? I wouldn't be surprised Villa coming in for Warnock now what happened with Bouma.

That is down to Tottenham. They know the price. They can reach it.

If they get the money they want for Berbatov they should certainly have the funds to buy him.

Archived