BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

Cheers for that Nicko. Any news on my 1 legged countryman going to Stoke? Mokoena for 2mill, Stoke thats a bargain

Stoke just signed Olafinjani [?] from Wolves, a strong midfield player, so the Mokoena reports were probably garbage.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldnt get to worried about the Warnock story just yet the story of our transfer window so far seems to be talk to a player and then he turns us down

However it is certain that Keegan wants one of Warnock or Collocini in by the end of the week and both by the end of the transfer window.

Sorry for butting in but I see you mention Steven Davies. As a Villa fan I can tell you he flatters to decieve. Not physically strong enough for the prem but as was shown can 'hack it' in Scotland with that lower standard of football.

We took Fulham to the cleaners getting £5m for him.

Following on from Toms comments thanks for the positive posts about Barry and Bouma and all the best for next season.

Sorry to interfere so will go back and 'lurk' :)

Shilitoe, its fine to say this and that, and we have had impressive performances, but ince or jw needs to come forward and squash these rumours. Its realy unsettling for everybody.

Which rumours?

They have come out and quashed every one, but they resurface every other day as most papers nick things and rewrite them.

I'm sure JW has better things to do than deny the same rumour every other day just to keep you content.

Although I'm pleased to welcome Robinson I'm still very angry about Brad leaving. Once these rumours start sooner or later an offer may come that the player or the club fancies and you've no chance. Bud. Nip in, please JW.

I see no reason for Stevie Wanock to leave. Please, Mr Ince, put your foot down and say NO!!!!! Especially if Dennis Wise is involved. Don't trust the blighter.

I was absolutely devatated when Duff left but time passes, that was then and this is now. Thank you, Duffer, I will never forget the joy you gave us when you played for Rovers and we all sang "All you need is Duff" but even then you were prone to injury.

The thought of Newcastle (Newcastle for goodness' sake, NEWCASTLE, folks....) offering a paltry sum and a crocked player for one of our brightest stars is making me so cross.

This has to stop. NOW.

This is very true. I can understand the Friedel / Robinson thing and accept it as I'm preferring not to believe Brad was forced out - though I have my suspicions on that front. Stevie Warnock is one of my favourites, he gets on with the job, doesn't fall over all the time etc. My idea of a footballer. If we are going to start selling our best, quiet, unsung players who do the job week after week then I have a problem with what is happening at the club.

Duff was fabulous, I was gutted when he went but like many others he chose to take the money in the belief the grass was greener and found out it wasn't. Just like with Shearer we saw the best of Damien Duff and he has rarely, if ever, hit those heights again. Why oh why do we want to even be linked with a player who left us five years ago? He has failed to live up to any of the potential seen in him when he was at Rovers.

If this is some sort of crowd-pleaser, as was David Dunn to an extent, I'm afraid it won't work for this member of the crowd. When the players chose to leave it is never the same when they return. I used to be so proud of Dunny but it doesn't feel the same this time around. Duff won't bring back the fun of five years ago, he'll be just another PL footballer. If the club don't realise the difference they need to think about it. If we want Duff buy him, but for goodness sake do NOT swap him for Warnock. Newcastle have had enough out of us over the years there's no reason why we should help them out on this one.

edit: I just remembered in the heady days when Souness was in charge at the Toon, didn't he play Duff at fullback? I just hope that those within our club review the footage of those games and realise what a disaster that was.

Duff signed for Roeder and never played at Newcastle under Souness tbh... :P

swap a top left back for a player who hasnt even done anything for 2-3 years haha

if it was charles ngozbia maybe-can play left back and left wing-but still we would need to find a quality left back to replace warnock.

I'm getting more than seriously concerned at the Warnock story, we've spent years getting a decent left back, in my opinion the position was a running sore from the day Le Saux left. We finally get a good un in the position at a time when there's a dearth of left backs in the game and we are prepared to let him go. Not only that but we're prepared to swap him for a guy who's best days are well behind him and will probably spend more time on the treatment table than on the pitch. If Ince thinks getting a former hero back will make people forget about the Freidel debacle he's seriously wrong. If there's anyone with a brain running our club this needs to be squashed before Warnock starts getting itchy feet.

Duff! £7-8m for Warnock I could live with (still think he's a bit prone to go missing). Duff and his position just isn't a priority. Barcodes must be really skint and think everyone is as thick as them. Warnocks probably as good going forward as Duff anyway.

'Being considered by some people at the club.' Who is considering this?

It's the things you're not saying Nicko which are causing me huge concern over the management team. Does this mean Ince isn't making the decisions? Are some people briefing off record? Do some of the (backroom?) staff have ideas above their station?

Listen - There is only room for one manager at a club and Ince has to make sure it's him. You can't have some of the management team pulling one way and some another. Otherwise you'll get "It wasn't my fault" from everyone and you end up with Leeds again.

Ince HAS to make sure everyone knows HE alone makes the decisions and he will stand or fall by them. I am becoming less and less convinced by this setup but really hope I'm wrong. <_<

Ince is (Please don't use that word again)ing our club up, end of!
What are you talking about?Bentley wanted out before ince came,brad left because he was offered a decent contract(ince replaces him with england international),Warnock has gon nowhere yet.Give the guy a break the time for judgement is not now

WARNOCK/DUFF - I know it has been and is still being discussed. I couldn't tell you if there is a cash adjustment involved in the discussions between Paul Ince and Dennis Wise. You would have to think Newcastle needed to pay Rovers quite a bit. The article in the paper did not include the last few pars which suggested there would be some resistance to the move within Blackburn...and that is the case.

Surely any move for Duff would be killed by wages. Why do you think he's at Newcastle for gods sake...not for football reasons surely. Nobody else would pay him what they/Chelsea did.

Non-starter.

I don't want Duff anywhere near our club. He burnt his bridges with Rovers when he disgustingly kissed the Chelsea badge and paraded around in front of our supporters when his new club beat us. I'd show him the same respect he showed us and not even dignify talking to him. Where's your career going now Damien? Not even wanted by Newcastle, that's where!

Of course, if he were to come back he'd be saying how much he loved the club and never wanted to leave and, most probably, kiss the badge. What a journeyman.

Is it possible that Keegan is responding to the statements made by Warnock when Hughes left and is trying his luck? Can't really see how that's the fault of Ince.

This in itself isn't but he has to start drawing a line and showing us he is making the decisions at the club which certainly doesn't seem to be the case at the moment. It's his fault if he doesn't come out and say "Duff for Warnock - no chance of that. I say who stays and who goes and Warnock stays." Even a "£8m would be hard to refuse but we don't need the money. However I like that N'zogbia and we have £10m for him."

It's like a run on the bank this!

Wouldnt get to worried about the Warnock story just yet the story of our transfer window so far seems to be talk to a player and then he turns us down

However it is certain that Keegan wants one of Warnock or Collocini in by the end of the week and both by the end of the transfer window.

Collocini would be for right back...but he is very expensive, so I think they may be dreaming.

Archived