BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wilfred Bouma just suffered a HORRENDOUS looking leg break in their Intertoto game... his foot is about 120 degrees away from where it should be pointing. Looked like a hamstring injury for a while until the commentators on Setanta spotted the foot.

So I guess that'll be Martin O'Neill in the market for a left back, to add to Portsmouth, Newcastle and Wigan..

You rate Duff at 5M - 'cos in todays market Warnock is worth about 7M?

That's what the Mags paid for him 2 long injury laden years ago.

I like Duff, and maybe he can do a job, but we could drive a far harder bargain than that JBN.

Remember, it is Newcastle we're talking about ;)

Fairr point, we could probably get him cheaper.

I just think Duff can refind himself.

There is the question of how much we need him though. MGP is obviously raring for the new season, Villanueva sems like a guy who could play on the left in a 4-2-3-1 or a 433.

I like Duff but many other priorites - right back, central midfield, and I would probably try and get in an out and out target man before worrying about another left sided player. But he definately isn't finished as a top player.

Im not sure if this was mentioned yet, but does Hughes perhaps regret not sticking around at Rovers. The reason why im saying that, is that if he was stil our coach and with Quieroz leaving, hughes would most certainly have been SAF 1st choice to be his number 2.
No way would hughes have gone as number 2

no i dont think he is. it wud be suicidal.

newcastle bid a reported 2m, that is a long way off the true valuation of warnock. it has taken us a long time to find a new left back - since the days of graeme le saux.

some people are suggesting damien duff in a swap? but judging by ince's praisng of pedersen last night - surely he must feel keeping a left back is more important than buying a left winger? and giving himself the task of replacing warnock?

i can't see this happening

Archived