BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I bet Mark Hughes and co would walk barefoot over burning coals to get back to Ewood right now.

Joorabchian running Citeh's transfer business!!!!!

Joorabchian was also involved in Sparky's recruitment - along with his close chum Pini Zahavi.

However it is the 'massive' :lol: transfer kitty that may worry their new manager more I would imagine.

The big twist in the Warnock story is rumoured to be that you want Duff in exchange and we are now considering our next move.

Duff is playing in our friendly now so maybe we have already said no

If true, I am not happy with that.

Newcastle can bugger off.

I bet Mark Hughes and co would walk barefoot over burning coals to get back to Ewood right now.

You must be joking . He's been trying to get as far away from Ewood as possible for the past 12 months.

With regards to Newcastle's reported interest in Warnock, we have had a left sided french defender on trial for the past week, and he's impressed enough to play in today's friendly. If it works out, I'd expect it to be less likely for us to go for Warnock.

He is a centre half and that is were he is playing today he is also right footed

You must be joking . He's been trying to get as far away from Ewood as possible for the past 12 months.

Well aware of that but if your journalistic antennae are any good you would have picked up that the number of months to disillusionment at Ewood equals the number of days to disillusionment at COMS.

BRAD - Why would we do a deal with add-ons for a 37 year old keeper?

NEWCASTLE - Desparate and primed for a good ripping-off again.

CITY-JOORABCHIAN - Football is eating itself, keep money in the bank and wait for the burp I say.

POTENTIAL SIGNINGS - We need some pace in the team, too many slow-coaches at the moment.

ROBINSON - Not totally convinced but have to say I couldn't think of anyone else as a replacement.

VILLA - If they are to make big strides with all this alleged money they have then they need A) a new manager and B ) 11 new players. Brad is not one of them. Neither is Bentley, the top four are hardly falling over themselves for his signature are they...

With regards to Newcastle's reported interest in Warnock, we have had a left sided french defender on trial for the past week, and he's impressed enough to play in today's friendly. If it works out, I'd expect it to be less likely for us to go for Warnock.

I always thought the Warnock interest was strange. Luis Enrique is young, and by all accounts a pretty good player who can become even better. Fair enough if you want someone to keep him on his toes, but paying £5m+ for someone who'd (rightfully) expect to start seems like an odd move to fill that role. Surely there are areas more in need of improvement?

Im not sure if this was mentioned yet, but does Hughes perhaps regret not sticking around at Rovers. The reason why im saying that, is that if he was stil our coach and with Quieroz leaving, hughes would most certainly have been SAF 1st choice to be his number 2.

Joorabchian was negotiating for Man City - he now does their deals. Bizarre.

Brad did his own terms but an agent called Tony McGill did the move for Villa.

As for how it kicked off...I think word went round that Rovers wanted another keeper and that alerted both Villa and Man City. Just who started those stories and why will maybe only emerge in time.

The bottom line is that all of the parties are happy. Rovers have a new and younger keeper without breaking the bank, Villa have a top keeper, Brad has picked up a massive final payment.

Sure, Rovers could have matched his terms and kept him...but you can understand why they didn't.

Brad was content until this all kicked off and Villa started offering fortunes. You can't blame him either.

It has all happened in a fortnight, so by modern standards that is minimum disruption.

Thanks Nicko, for a quick, informative answer :)

The Kia link is strange and sinister methinks; I'm still amazed Hughes has seemingly compromised his integrity going to a club where he's not solely responsible for player acquisition. Their exec chairman embarrassed MH on his first day by admitting Jo was a target they'd told Hughes they were signing, and 'he agreed'. Begs the question what would have happened if he didn't....

Archived