BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

Just realising there are only three weeks to the start of the season - and looking at clubs who will need to sign players in an awful hurry.

MAN U - striker.

ARSENAL - midfielder or two.

CHELSEA - striker, possibly midfield, maybe centre half.

LIVERPOOL - striker.

SPURS - right winger, striker or two, maybe a centre half.

VILLA - right back, maybe centre half, midfield, winger.

ROVERS - right back, possibly two midfield, maybe right winger.

EVERTON - right back, two midfield, striker.

MAN CITY - keeper, left back, right wing, striker.

PORTSMOUTH - right wing, midfield, centre half, left back.

NEWCASTLE - left back, centre half, defensive midfield, extra attacker.

SUNDERLAND - right back, centre half, two midfield, striker.

BOLTON - left wing, centre half, midfield.

MIDDLESBROUGH - central midfield.

WIGAN - central midfield, striker, left back.

HULL - centre half, midfield, striker or two.

WEST HAM - centre half, possibly left wing.

FULHAM - striker.

STOKE - keeper, centre half, striker...at least.

WEST BROM - centre half, striker...maybe more.

What other industry would swing into action with so much work still to be done? Madness.

Thats an awful lot of teams looking for Strikers.. the one that worries me the most is Spuds loosing Berbatov.. cant help but worry that RSC would look a little tempting to them, at the moment it is starting to look like Keane is off to Liverpool as well.. :(

I thought liverpool where also after a right winger/midfielder?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The big twist in the Warnock story is rumoured to be that you want Duff in exchange and we are now considering our next move.

Duff is playing in our friendly now so maybe we have already said no

Might that explain why Keegan has been 'biggin'' him up over the past few days (after such a stunning performance against.............................Hartlepool)?

Thats an awful lot of teams looking for Strikers.. the one that worries me the most is Spuds loosing Berbatov.. cant help but worry that RSC would look a little tempting to them, at the moment it is starting to look like Keane is off to Liverpool as well.. :(

I thought liverpool where also after a right winger/midfielder?

I'm not sure they can afford either...unless Alonso goes or someone pays over the odds for Pennant.

Well aware of that but if your journalistic antennae are any good you would have picked up that the number of months to disillusionment at Ewood equals the number of days to disillusionment at COMS.

Really ? Where does it say that ? Sources please.

Newcastle can **** off and so can Ince if he is that stupid to sell one of the best left backs in the country as good as Bridge and Cole for a past it Duffer.

If we make this move I have to question Ince, his managerial ability as well as our board.

Nicko, i see it looks like you might be right about Emerton being Bentley's replacement on the right wing. Ince is raving about him today on last nights friendly performance.

The big twist in the Warnock story is rumoured to be that you want Duff in exchange and we are now considering our next move.

Duff is playing in our friendly now so maybe we have already said no

I would take Duff + 2m for Warnock, but the Irishman would have to be happy to have his wages cut.

Duff has looked poor for three years now, but if he came back to Ewood looking to get his career on track, and passed a medical to show thathe is physically in good shape then we could be onto a winner.

The big thing in all this is how good is Olsson? If we feel he can step up then there might be some sense in letting warnock go if he wants to.

Bes thtiong for all concerned though is if Warnock stays and he wants to stay. I can see him not being over the moon about Newcastle... a bit of a career graveyard, a wacky manager, and an even more wacky chairman.

Newcastle can **** off and so can Ince if he is that stupid to sell one of the best left backs in the country as good as Bridge and Cole for a past it Duffer.

Why don't you wait for the facts before blowing a gasket.

If we make this move I have to question Ince, his managerial ability as well as our board.

I think this move will happen, but don't expect supporters to criticise the board mate: Williams is bullet-proof to some idiots on here. :rolleyes:<_<

I would take Duff + 2m for Warnock, but the Irishman would have to be happy to have his wages cut.

Duff has looked poor for three years now, but if he came back to Ewood looking to get his career on track, and passed a medical to show thathe is physically in good shape then we could be onto a winner.

The big thing in all this is how good is Olsson? If we feel he can step up then there might be some sense in letting warnock go if he wants to.

Bes thtiong for all concerned though is if Warnock stays and he wants to stay. I can see him not being over the moon about Newcastle... a bit of a career graveyard, a wacky manager, and an even more wacky chairman.

Sorry, I can not see us trading one of our best players for one of their worst.

Nicko, i see it looks like you might be right about Emerton being Bentley's replacement on the right wing. Ince is raving about him today on last nights friendly performance.

More bad news in that case. Emerton isn't fast enough or skilful enough to beat Premier League full backs and he cannot cross a ball.

More bad news in that case. Emerton isn't fast enough or skilful enough to beat Premier League full backs and he cannot cross a ball.

Emerton is possibly the fastest player we have and his ability to beat a fullback has never been in question. The trouble with Bert on the wing is (was?) that he puts his head down and keeps running when he should pass/cross.

And he's not great at crossing.

IN THE NAME OF GOD PLEASE NO!! :angry2:

Watching Hamburg v Citeh and Hughes side look ruddy clueless.The amount of times Cruz name has been mentioned in connection with a move to the COMS trash is getting on my nerves.

You rate Duff at 5M - 'cos in todays market Warnock is worth about 7M?

That's what the Mags paid for him 2 long injury laden years ago.

I like Duff, and maybe he can do a job, but we could drive a far harder bargain than that JBN.

Remember, it is Newcastle we're talking about ;)

Truly the end of an era. Goodbye and good luck, Brad, you did us proud. (Just don't try too hard when we play you next season...)

I might actually not go to the Villa home game this season, it'd be too weird seeing Friedel come out of the tunnel to play against us.

is their still a problem with the city's chairmans money, because i though he had most locked up and he ws being questioned. because if hghes dosent have millions to spend on that team he will be gone in 6 months because most their players look shi** to me.

Truly the end of an era. Goodbye and good luck, Brad, you did us proud. (Just don't try too hard when we play you next season...)

I might actually not go to the Villa home game this season, it'd be too weird seeing Friedel come out of the tunnel to play against us.

will be nice to give friedel 1 last standing ovation, with the whole blackburn end bowing singing "FRIEDEL, FRIEDEL"

good luck brad, whos looking forward to UTD at home without brad? not me! lol

Archived