BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
no i dont think he is. it wud be suicidal.

Kinda like pushing Brad out the door a few weeks in to your reign?

Ince has it in him to sell Warnock, you'd be naive to doubt it.

Kinda like pushing Brad out the door a few weeks in to your reign?

Ince has it in him to sell Warnock, you'd be naive to doubt it.

there is a bit of a difference, friedel asked to leave - warnock hasnt done that so we cant compare these 2 situations

I think he means that Ince has that ruthless streak in him to sell any player if he thought that he could get someone better, as shown with the Brad decision, I may ofcourse be wrong...

there is a bit of a difference, friedel asked to leave - warnock hasnt done that so we cant compare these 2 situations

Well...according to nicko, we started looking for a new keeper (presumably a Friedel replacement), somehow Villa and City heard about this and then Villa put that whacking great offer on the table for Brad. Firstly the looking for a new keeper thing seems to suggest it wasnt just a case of Brad asking to leave - and even if it was then it must have been something to do with the new management (as Villa hadnt put their offer down when Rovers started looking). Secondly, one has to question how the clubs heard about this.

Well...according to nicko, we started looking for a new keeper (presumably a Friedel replacement), somehow Villa and City heard about this and then Villa put that whacking great offer on the table for Brad. Firstly the looking for a new keeper thing seems to suggest it wasnt just a case of Brad asking to leave - and even if it was then it must have been something to do with the new management (as Villa hadnt put their offer down when Rovers started looking). Secondly, one has to question how the clubs heard about this.

Could it also be that Brad demanded a transfer, Ince started looking for a new keeper and Brads agent called some clubs?

I have supported him for years and is one of may favorite players but I can not rule out that he wanted to leave.

To me there seems to have been some sort of beef between Freidal and Ince. They were at Liverpool together during the whole "spice boys" period, they are both determined people but very very different characters generally. Ince is outspoken and a bit of a lad, Freidal is more measured and gets on with things. I can easily see how they might not get on.

I am very sad to see Brad leave, but we have to move on at some stage anyway and Robinson could be an inspired purchase. We shall see.

Could it also be that Brad demanded a transfer, Ince started looking for a new keeper and Brads agent called some clubs?

I have supported him for years and is one of may favorite players but I can not rule out that he wanted to leave.

In which case how to explain the trebling of Brad's earnings offered by Villa?

Self-made millionaires in the circumstances of Brad requesting the move first would have secured him at a small discount to his then current Rovers earning potential, not whacked it up by x3.

In which case how to explain the trebling of Brad's earnings offered by Villa?

Self-made millionaires in the circumstances of Brad requesting the move first would have secured him at a small discount to his then current Rovers earning potential, not whacked it up by x3.

Did we not offer him an improved contract? Do agents get percentage of wage earned?

I would rather think that he wanted to stay (as I have said all along), but I can not rule out due to the huge amount of wages that he was offered to leave that he left for that reason also.

Its seems that there are three scenario's and all three suck as he went to Villa.

Well...according to nicko, we started looking for a new keeper (presumably a Friedel replacement),

I think it's important to be clear on what's fact, and what's a guess - we've a responsibility to all the doom mongers who can't interpret things properly after all ...

Nicko said 'he thought' Rovers maybe were looking for another keeper (i.e. he didn't know - or want to say he knew) and 'somehow' word got around..... lot of supposition on one comment to jump to that being fact, or being interpreted as akin to that. You've added another level of assumption by 'presuming'...

So, Nicko guessed, you've interpreted & presumed and God know what the naysayers will read into that; it's manna from heaven for them once there's a degree (no matter how far removed) of credibility & they'll turn your 'interpretation' into a fact, no doubt by saying it's come from a good source. Not doubting Nicko, or digging at you, but it's easy to see how guesses, rumours, innuendo etc. get given more credibility and urban myths get started like this!

Maybe that is actually what happened, maybe we'll never know (though I do think it's the most likely option), but please don't give supposition credibility especially when it's going to fire up the anti-Ince brigade!

Well just to update you though I know your not fans, the news is in from the Hospital....it isn't a break. His ankle is dislocated and their is tendon damage but with luck, he will play again towards the end of this season. Barry got a hell of a reception when he came on though, I was at the game.

Well just to update you though I know your not fans, the news is in from the Hospital....it isn't a break. His ankle is dislocated and their is tendon damage but with luck, he will play again towards the end of this season. Barry got a hell of a reception when he came on though, I was at the game.

Good news on Bouma. Thought the Barry reception was incredibly classy - there's not many clubs where a player who openly wants to leave for another club would get that, whether the manager asked the fans nicely or not.

Good news on Bouma. Thought the Barry reception was incredibly classy - there's not many clubs where a player who openly wants to leave for another club would get that, whether the manager asked the fans nicely or not.

I think it sometimes gets to a stage where no matter how much you want to hate someone, you just can't. Villa fans can't make themselves hate Barry no matter what happens cause once the moaning and swearing and ' (Please don't use that word again) off Barry' is all said and done, none of us want him to go. Mainly because we all know we really need him.

Archived