BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

Looks like a quiet day and not much activity going around for us...

Nicko with Castillo now out of the way, do you think that it had anything to do with the Bentley deal?

Any other names being looked at for that position (Castillo's) or even Bentleys?

Finally, do you think we will sign a right back to replace Bentley? ?(Pushing Emerton up) or will we sign a right winger or both?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
if rovers were thinking of a swap why not milner

anyone remember these days

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7XEgOEa7iw

Just watching that video brings back the memories.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing him back at Ewood, he's still only 29 and if he can get back to some of his old form then he could still have a big impact.

However like someone else said, if were interested at all then we should buy him outright, not involving any deals for Warnock.

worryingly hes mentioned "left back" over and over again in this inteview :(

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsD...1351876,00.html

nicko, does duff know hes been offered to rovers

I wouldn't take that as he's definitely signing Warnock, it's just a position that we need to get someone in as we've only got one left back in the first team squad, N'Zogbia played there under Allardyce and was poor.

If Newcastle are still chasing Warnock then you could bet they've been encouraged to do so by the player.

Diouf's fee was agreed yesterday - ranging between £2.5 million and £5 million according to reports. And I understand it's closer to the latter. ;)

If it's £5 million I'll drive him over there myself. £2.5 million is a bit on the cheap side though.

Its pretty obvious that Ince was building a time machine in the time when he was meant to be collecting his badges. Set the dial to 2001, bring in Duff and Fowler and suddenly we're 4th place contenders. Genius.

ROFL - Does anyone know if he drives a delorian!

With the whole Duff/Warnock transfer, perhaps Ince is considering playing MGP in the middle?

I am surprised by all the goings on at the club, and would not be surprised to see Warnock moved on (I don't want it to happen but can see it happening). If I remember correctly Warnock publicly voiced his anger over Hughes departure, I can believe that he was a ardent follower of MH. Ince may feel that SW is not aiding his start at the club as quite often the previous managers stalwarts are moved on.

Ince has walked into a frying pan, he was not the majority of ours first choice so is on the back foot from day one (I don't think he thought his arrival would be so negatively viewed). He has also surrounded himself with elder statesmen, who I can Well believe are pushing and prodding him. Brad leaving is a huge blow, for whatever reason I still believe that we as a club could have avoided this and should have (too many ifs over Robbo). I do wonder if we are seeing for the first time a Guvoner who is perhaps questioning himself, hesitating and deliberating with others within the camp over his decisions. In indecisiveness is a poisoned chalice in football, players begin to wander if they are wanted/needed and once those seeds are sown its difficult to reverse, and the grass starts to look greener.

NICKO - Is it true United have dropped there interest in Berbatov, or is it just a tactic over the fee. I hope they haven't I have a gut feeling his new target would be RSC.

Have Rovers given Spurs a deadline to buy Bentley?

It would be stupid if they came up with £18million on the last day of the transfer window, leaving us with no time to find his replacement.

The point i was trying to make before tony gale's mic blew my suggestion out the water! :lol:

Oh shut up eoin.who doesnt bitch and moan about something or someone on these boards? Ive had a good debate with shilito today, and when i sent him a pm, it was all good between me and james. There are differences in opinions and views.why dont you ask every poster to stop bitching and moaning,because everybody at some point has talked crap ffs.

Good question...don't know the answer.

I think Ince has said that he wants attractive football at rovers next year - It would not surprise me if the formation was 3 5 2 this season. If he is interested in Duff maybe he is considering putting either him or pedersen in the centre of the middle 5, just behind the front 2. with the other two centre midfield dropping back a bit to support the defence. But then he has villaneuve to consider.

I wouldn't mind seeing duff back at ewood, but not in exchange for warnock. Having duff in the squad would put pressure on pedersen to play better - which is not a bad idea.

Oh shut up eoin.who doesnt bitch and moan about something or someone on these boards? Ive had a good debate with shilito today, and when i sent him a pm, it was all good between me and james. There are differences in opinions and views.why dont you ask every poster to stop bitching and moaning,because everybody at some point has talked crap ffs.

I aint going to get into a fight with you Icers... :P

But you have been constantly slagging Ince off with ammo that is mostly rumours. We have signed a great keeper and let an aging rovers legend make a lot of money in his final years. Best move made this summer so far.

Has anyone else left? No!! Who is to say more will leave? thats anyones guess.

But as you said "il reserve judgement" then why dont you reserve it?? Ince wasnt my first/second or third choice, but he is our manager now...so get on support him and the team...and until we lose like ten matches in a row...then you and everyone else will have their say.

B)

Have Rovers given Spurs a deadline to buy Bentley?

It would be stupid if they came up with £18million on the last day of the transfer window, leaving us with no time to find his replacement.

18m would be good money but rem we don't HAVE to sell Bentley at all. And if it's going to leave us 'bare-arsed' at the start of a season then he can stop till it suits us.

But you have been constantly slagging Ince off with ammo that is mostly rumours. We have signed a great keeper and let an aging rovers legend make a lot of money in his final years. Best move made this summer so far.

You cannot be serious. Robinson is currently not a great keeper, maybe he'll rediscover his old form and become a good solid keeper but he's no great keeper.

Friedel was still top 3 last season in the league, easily.

You cannot be serious. Robinson is currently not a great keeper, maybe he'll rediscover his old form and become a good solid keeper but he's no great keeper.

Top i would have said, Robinson has the potential to be better than Brad, that I am sure of. Whether he keeps his head down and ignores the stupid english media and fans is another thing.

We will all have to wait and see i guess Tony....but i think its a good piece of Business

Paul Ince is probably not planning for the short term but in fact fot the long term, im sure he mentioned when he become our manger he had a 2 year planning process in place or something like that. If we are thinkig long term, then friedel surely cannot figure in those long term plan, maye a season or 2 but thats it.

ALSO, does anybody have a link to the DUFF/WARNOCK article in the people. i cant find it anywhere

But Gordon, with your theory of giving the manager a cut of profits, it would give him big incentive to sell him even if we weren't in a position to replace him.

'Performance bonus' American please. But until Ince shows that he can regularly make a silk purse out of a pigs ear that suggestion left with Hughes and his team. Dunno what went on at Ewood during the last season but the club is immeasurably worse off.

In football we know that there is no long-term planning. Players move faster than ever before. Managers move more and more these days and loyalty is a thing of the past, when money speaks volumes today...

What odds that Robinson wont be here at the end of his 5 year contract?

Archived