BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18m would be good money but rem we don't HAVE to sell Bentley at all. And if it's going to leave us 'bare-arsed' at the start of a season then he can stop till it suits us.

Spot on.

If Villanueva is as good as he looks to be and we manage to keep Bentley,then i don`t see why we can`t finish in the top 6.

Cant see any way how Bentley will be here for the first day of the season. I think its a dead cert that he is a goner...No doubt not helped by his "injury" and numerous public displays of affection for a move...

Spurs will stump the cash for him...

Question is will we replace him with a right back or a right winger, all hinging on where Emerton will play this season...

Cant see any way how Bentley will be here for the first day of the season. I think its a dead cert that he is a goner...No doubt not helped by his "injury" and numerous public displays of affection for a move...

Spurs will stump the cash for him...

Question is will we replace him with a right back or a right winger, all hinging on where Emerton will play this season...

Why not both?! We can apparently afford it this summer?

Thought for the day.

Whatever happened to MancVillan...the chap who said the stories about Friedel going to Villa and Robinson to Rovers were 'poo.'

Wonder what he is thinking now?

You only had that half right - you presented developments on the basis that Friedel didn't want to leave, and it was the club forcing him out, thereby whipping up all sorts ill feeling towards Ince.

You're still trying to infer it was all somehow the Club's fault for leaking news about being after another keeper.

As I recall there were a couple of lines in the NOTW about Ince being after Cuducini, but even if that were true, that might have been as a replacements for Encks - Cuduicini wasn't in the running when Brad actually left was he?

Spurs will stump the cash for him... THEY MOST DEFINITELY WILL NOT UNLESS THEY GET £38M FOR BERBATOV- THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE £30M THEY WOULD HAVE ACCEPTED FOR BERB AND £38M IS SUSPICIOUSLY LIKE THE REAL COST TO THEM OF THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THEIR VALUATION OF BENTLEY AND ROVERS' ASKING PRICE.

South american footballers,are very skilful.they dont have to big or physicaly strong.the bigger defenders,like ferdinand,terry and samba wil struggle with a quick burst of pace and trickery.

The whole Bentley saga is just a starring contest who blinks first loses, No-one else is in for him, No one wants to pay 17-18M for him. Its gonna drag on for the foreseeable I reckon, we won't budge, Bentley can kick and scream all he wants it won't work and will only damage his career. Spurs have the money to buy him now, they've sold Robbo chimbonda and tainio since there last bid so the extra cash thats required is there.

I don't see us budging our valuation unless Bentley hands in a transfer request (I have not read he has submitted one yet, and thought if a player did this they forfeited monies owed by the selling club correct me if I'm wrong). We need this saga resolved soon Having a bad apple at the club, will not aid Ince settling into the club. Ince should tell him to hand one in if he then forfeits what he's owed knock it off the fee (if correct) and get rid before he does serious damage to our team moral and cohesion.

The Warnock-Duff conversations began BEFORE that hat-trick...I just didn't hear about it until much later.

Newcastle genuinely believe that Warnock is coming, it's all very strange.

If this was before the hat-trick then it was before Villanueve also. This should surely affect any move for Duff.

Also how easy would it be to replace Warnock?

You only had that half right - you presented developments on the basis that Friedel didn't want to leave, and it was the club forcing him out, thereby whipping up all sorts ill feeling towards Ince.

You're still trying to infer it was all somehow the Club's fault for leaking news about being after another keeper.

As I recall there were a couple of lines in the NOTW about Ince being after Cuducini, but even if that were true, that might have been as a replacements for Encks - Cuduicini wasn't in the running when Brad actually left was he?

1 - Brad Friedel didn't want to leave until Aston Villa gave him a contract he could not refuse.

2 - Rovers were chasing goalkeepers.

Make your own mind up about timings and reasons.

If this was before the hat-trick then it was before Villanueve also. This should surely affect any move for Duff.

Also how easy would it be to replace Warnock?

Villanueva is a slightly different player to Duff.

And also bear in mind it's Newcastle who were offering him...

NICKO - Is it true United have told Spuds to sod off after the price went up to 38M, its been reported again that Fergie is going to change the focus of his attention to RSC, any possible truth in this one??

Man U won't pay that kind of money for Berbatov. Spurs are messers but that valuation is ridiculous even by their standards.

I don't think Fergie will go for Roque at this stage...and what would he cost anyway?

The whole Bentley saga is just a starring contest who blinks first loses, No-one else is in for him, No one wants to pay 17-18M for him. Its gonna drag on for the foreseeable I reckon, we won't budge, Bentley can kick and scream all he wants it won't work and will only damage his career. Spurs have the money to buy him now, they've sold Robbo chimbonda and tainio since there last bid so the extra cash thats required is there.

I don't see us budging our valuation unless Bentley hands in a transfer request (I have not read he has submitted one yet, and thought if a player did this they forfeited monies owed by the selling club correct me if I'm wrong). We need this saga resolved soon Having a bad apple at the club, will not aid Ince settling into the club. Ince should tell him to hand one in if he then forfeits what he's owed knock it off the fee (if correct) and get rid before he does serious damage to our team moral and cohesion.

Yep similar to the barry situation, he says he wants to go but does not hand in a transfer request because its all about the money :(

When are rovers due to arrive back?Hopefully with them being back they will become more active in the transfer market.Nicko i asked you a few days ago about scott brown are you sure there is nothing in it because i am being told that brown is aware of rovers interest and he wants to join?Also what do celtic want for mcgeady?i think he could be a decent option for right wing if the price was reasonable.

When are rovers due to arrive back?Hopefully with them being back they will become more active in the transfer market.Nicko i asked you a few days ago about scott brown are you sure there is nothing in it because i am being told that brown is aware of rovers interest and he wants to join?Also what do celtic want for mcgeady?i think he could be a decent option for right wing if the price was reasonable.

McGeady is a left-winger, and Celtic would want a high price for him. There isn't a chance we will sign him, in my opinion.

Haven't heard about the Scott Brown link, but again, the Bhoys would want good money for him.

I know I'm not Nicko, but that's my take on the situation. :lol:

Checked on Brown - his people know nothing about it.

McGeady would cost well over £10 million which is why Sunderand decided Diouf was the better option.

McGeady is a left-winger, and Celtic would want a high price for him. There isn't a chance we will sign him, in my opinion.

Haven't heard about the Scott Brown link, but again, the Bhoys would want good money for him.

I know I'm not Nicko, but that's my take on the situation. :lol:

McGeady has just signed a five year contract

Archived