BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Record Transfer Fee

I am sure by looking at our transfer history they will know we are not a typical English club lol.. who is our record signing to date?

andy cole aint it ???????

Yeah for 8 million

Wrong, it's David Bentley. Think about how much we've paid Arsenal for him in total....

According to nicko we'd payed £3m for him by the time he left and then had to give Arsenal a further 50% of his profit (£6m). That already makes him £9m and it will raise to £10m should the £2m add-ons get paid to us from Spurs.

Here's an idea, why not scrap that £1m for Andrews and add it to the Joaquin fund if price is an issue? Are we talking £2m here because seeing as we've got £20m I'll be a little miffed if we miss out on him over price...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wrong, it's David Bentley. Think about how much we've paid Arsenal for him in total....

According to nicko we'd payed £3m for him by the time he left and then had to give Arsenal a further 50% of his profit (£6m). That already makes him £9m and it will raise to £10m should the £2m add-ons get paid to us from Spurs.

Here's an idea, why not scrap that £1m for Andrews and add it to the Joaquin fund if price is an issue? Are we talking £2m here because seeing as we've got £20m I'll be a little miffed if we miss out on him over price...

Don't think that makes him our record signing does it...thats spurs money not ours. Any additional clauses triggered due to the sale of the player doesn't mean you've paid more for him. If we were working like that we could say...we got 10 million for him directly from spurs, so we'd take the 10million we got away from anything extra we had to pay arsenal, potentially making him one of our cheapest signings?

Don't think that makes him our record signing does it...thats spurs money not ours. Any additional clauses triggered due to the sale of the player doesn't mean you've paid more for him. If we were working like that we could say...we got 10 million for him directly from spurs, so we'd take the 10million we got away from anything extra we had to pay arsenal, potentially making him one of our cheapest signings?

Um no you don't subtract the amount you sold him for from how much he cost to get the value, that's just stupid.

It's pretty simple really, how much did we pay for David Bentley? £3m + £6 = £9m. Spurs gave us the £15m, we then have to give 6 of it to Arsenal on top of the 3 we've already given them. I don't see how you can't see that we've paid £9m to Arsenal for David Bentley's services. Add-on clauses ARE relevant, otherwise are you saying that if Bentley fulfils his clauses then Spurs still only paid £15m for him? No, it would then become £17m.

Or easier, do you count Jo as costing £19m (the total values inc add-ons) or do you only count the £5m or so they've paid up front?

Um no you don't subtract the amount you sold him for from how much he cost to get the value, that's just stupid.

It's pretty simple really, how much did we pay for David Bentley? £3m + £6 = £9m. Spurs gave us the £15m, we then have to give 6 of it to Arsenal on top of the 3 we've already given them. I don't see how you can't see that we've paid £9m to Arsenal for David Bentley's services. Add-on clauses ARE relevant, otherwise are you saying that if Bentley fulfils his clauses then Spurs still only paid £15m for him? No, it would then become £17m.

Or easier, do you count Jo as costing £19m (the total values inc add-ons) or do you only count the £5m or so they've paid up front?

How can we give something to arsenal when we never had it in the first place? We never had this alleged £6million, spurs did. Never the less, does it really matter?

Disagree on the bentley thing.. we did not SIGN him for 9m we signed him for 3m and Arse took a % of the profit we made selling him..

Agree on Joaquin though.. I feel he is worth it.. hell look at some of the other premiership signings this season, Bentley 17m, Elmander 11m.. blimey you could list them forever.. :)

It's pretty simple really, how much did we pay for David Bentley? £3m + £6 = £9m. Spurs gave us the £15m, we then have to give 6 of it to Arsenal on top of the 3 we've already given them. I don't see how you can't see that we've paid £9m to Arsenal for David Bentley's services.

Nonsense.

We paid 3 million pounds to Arsenal for David Bentley.

Spurs paid us 15 million, of which 6 million immediately went to Arsenal.

We bought him for 3 million, simple as that.

Did you ever work for Asil Nadir or someone of that ilk?!

I don't think you can include percentage of next sale in record signing.

Why not? If you're saying Bentley cost us £3m you're already taking in apperances, goals and England appearances (as I belive the "original fee" was only 500k and it got up to £3m because of the above add-ons), % of next sale is just another add-on, so why exclude that but include the others? Either Bentley cost us 500k or £9m.

Spurs would NOT have sent £6m straight to Arsenal, we would have the full £15m and I'm not even sure what timeframe we have to pay Arsenal the £6m, we may even still have it.

How much did we pay to Man Utd for the services of Andy Cole? £8m

How much did we pay Arsenal for the services of David Bentley? £9m (potentially £10m)

..simple

Bentley cost 3million

Cole cost 8 million :wacko::tu:

If we didnt sell Bentley we wouldnt have to pay arsenal 6 million!

so.....we paid 3 million!

But we did, therefore we have given a total of £9m to Arsenal for the services of David Bentley. You could just easily say if there was no clause we would be £6m richer....

Bentley cost 3million

Cole cost 8 million :wacko::tu:

If we didnt sell Bentley we wouldnt have to pay arsenal 6 million!

so.....we paid 3 million!

here here, as i said before, how could we possibly pay arsenal a further alleged £6million, when we never had this in the first place. I think this topic has run its course now any how.

Nicko any beans you can spill??

I would have said that we signed Bentley for 750k or whatever, with possible add-ons and future fees. For a record signing it would have to be a guaranteed sum in my opinion. Obviously my opinion isn't official, but if you look on official records Andy Cole will be our record signing.

Why not? If you're saying Bentley cost us £3m you're already taking in apperances, goals and England appearances (as I belive the "original fee" was only 500k and it got up to £3m because of the above add-ons), % of next sale is just another add-on, so why exclude that but include the others? Either Bentley cost us 500k or £9m.

Spurs would NOT have sent £6m straight to Arsenal, we would have the full £15m and I'm not even sure what timeframe we have to pay Arsenal the £6m, we may even still have it.

How much did we pay Arsenal for the services of David Bentley? £9m (potentially £10m)

..simple

But we did, therefore we have given a total of £9m to Arsenal for the services of David Bentley. You could just easily say if there was no clause we would be £6m richer....

I can't believe I even want to get involved, but, we paid £3m, but he cost us £9m, I think that sums it up

..simple

-_- He cost us 3 million!

He cost spurs 15 million (9 million to us and 35%ish already agreed would go to The arse)

By the way, Andy Cole cost nothing like £8 million...

The fee was £4 million down plus about £1 million in extras.

I don't know who that leaves as record signing...Grabbi?

Bloody 'ell - Grabbi!!

Is there an 11.00 o'clock news tonight Nicko?

By the way, Andy Cole cost nothing like £8 million...

The fee was £4 million down plus about £1 million in extras.

I don't know who that leaves as record signing...Grabbi?

Or Davies? Think he was around £7.25million

Anyway, i think this should just be put to bed now.

Any transfer gossip from rovers Nicko?

Archived