BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Boxing Thread

Surprised the David Haye fight hasn't been mentioned.

What a disgrace this guy is to boxing and I for one, thoroughly enjoyed Wladimir teaching Haye a boxing lesson.

Some of the antics Haye pulled off prior to the fight were border line, however, showing decapitated heads, posting videos of Hitler and insulting his family is just a downright disgrace. Many people have died/suffered serious injuries in boxing and for Haye to pull off the stunts that he did were disgraceful.

He has a huge ego and has too much pride, this was all proven when he said after the fight he lost because "his little toe was broken". What a shame. Mug.

Looking forward to 2 big fights coming up.

Khan v Judah

Mayweather v Ortiz

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surprised the David Haye fight hasn't been mentioned.

What a disgrace this guy is to boxing and I for one, thoroughly enjoyed Wladimir teaching Haye a boxing lesson.

Some of the antics Haye pulled off prior to the fight were border line, however, showing decapitated heads, posting videos of Hitler and insulting his family is just a downright disgrace. Many people have died/suffered serious injuries in boxing and for Haye to pull off the stunts that he did were disgraceful.

He has a huge ego and has too much pride, this was all proven when he said after the fight he lost because "his little toe was broken". What a shame. Mug.

Looking forward to 2 big fights coming up.

Khan v Judah

Mayweather v Ortiz

Haye was never going to trouble Klitschko, but with the hype he certainly earned a few quid from people tuning in on box office.

The amount of people backing Haye for purely patriotic reasons helped fill the bookie coughers. I recall before the Hatton/Mayweather fight I was telling everyone Hatton had no chance, got out to Vegas night of the fight, surround by thousands of signing Hatton fans, where did my $100 go…..Hatton ;)

Going through a real low spell boxing, the sports needs a competitive heavyweight division and it simply doesn't have one, pity really.

Khan v Judah - would have been good a few years ago, Judah is over the hill now though, and Mayweather will beat Ortiz comfortably.

Haye was never going to trouble Klitschko, but with the hype he certainly earned a few quid from people tuning in on box office.

The amount of people backing Haye for purely patriotic reasons helped fill the bookie coughers. I recall before the Hatton/Mayweather fight I was telling everyone Hatton had no chance, got out to Vegas night of the fight, surround by thousands of signing Hatton fans, where did my $100 go…..Hatton ;)

Going through a real low spell boxing, the sports needs a competitive heavyweight division and it simply doesn't have one, pity really.

Khan v Judah - would have been good a few years ago, Judah is over the hill now though, and Mayweather will beat Ortiz comfortably.

I agree with the fact that you have to hype the fight up in order to get more fans to tune in. However, there are many ways to hype up a fight, and showing decapitated heads and posting videos of Hitler isn't one of them. It was a downright disgrace to the sport.

Don't talk about the Hatton/Mayweather fight, I'm still gutted. Stupid ref!!

I said the same thing to my friend about Judah, but apparently he has won his last 5 fights, which shows he still has something left in the tank. Personally, I think Khan will beat him due to his pace.

• 3 weeks later...

Good night of boxing tonight. The Fury vs Chisora fight is a cracker so far. Not fantastic quality but it's good to see heavyweights going right at each other. Supposedly the winner might face Wlad, not sure on that though.

Khan vs Judah is on around 3am. Hopefully my hungover body can carry through to that time.

Edit: I almost forgot! How could I talk about Tyson Fury without posting a link to him punching himself in the face?

Fury surely wins that. He's a long way from being ready to fight a fighter like Wlad, but he does have potential. He needs to work his way up the division now.

I know he wouldn't be a big draw internationally but then no other heavyweight fighters are either, apart from Haye.

Both Fury and Chizora looked like pib fighters at time. These guys were carrying so much extra body fat its not funny. Thought they would both pass out after ten rounds. Waa still enjoyable in a weird way...

Amir Khan looked sh@t hot even if Judah is past his prime. He gets a lot of stick from British fans but he definitely is improving with every fight.

It was a great fight BECAUSE it was like a pub brawl.

They are both clearly no match for the Klitschko's but if Tyson improved his physical condition and got rid of the chubby bits then he certainly has the potential to improve into a very good fighter.

Excellent victory for Khan. Having the words 'KO'd Judah' on his boxing record certainly helps his reputation around the world. It'll be interesting to see what happens with Floyd Mayweather. Whether he's good enough to beat him, I doubt it, but I think it would definitely be an entertaining fight.

Both Fury and Chizora looked like pib fighters at time. These guys were carrying so much extra body fat its not funny. Thought they would both pass out after ten rounds. Waa still enjoyable in a weird way...

And there's talk of Fury challenging Klitschko next.

Heavyweight boxing is a joke these days.

It was a great fight BECAUSE it was like a pub brawl.

They are both clearly no match for the Klitschko's but if Tyson improved his physical condition and got rid of the chubby bits then he certainly has the potential to improve into a very good fighter.

Excellent victory for Khan. Having the words 'KO'd Judah' on his boxing record certainly helps his reputation around the world. It'll be interesting to see what happens with Floyd Mayweather. Whether he's good enough to beat him, I doubt it, but I think it would definitely be an entertaining fight.

I agree Tyson with conditioning could be a tasty fighter and Id like to see Khan fight Bradley before he attempts to go toe to toe with Money.

Just imagine if Chisora actually fought Klitschko a few months back.............would have been a total embarrassment, especially after claiming he would be able to KO him.

I know David Haye was clearly outboxed by Klitschko but at least he actually deserved a title shot. Fury and Chisora really are a long way from even getting close to Haye's standard, let alone for a chance to fight the best in the business.

It wouldn't surprise me if either fighter had a fight against Audley Harrison next, especially with the coverage being live on terrestrial TV.

• 1 month later...

Very surprised at my own initial reaction to this (given the fact that I was rooting for Ortiz), but I thought Floyd was well within his rights to do that after being blatently headbutted by Ortiz, who was clearly panicking at how out of his depth he'd found himself.

The whole thing seemed to blur the line between boxing and WWE wrestling. I thought it was actually hugely entertaining.

Very disappointed at Channel 5, who managed to lose almost the entire Tyson Fury fight. Seemed to be a good car park brawl from what I saw.

It was shown fine on five hd?

As for Mayweather, I think he was fine to do what he did. The ref said fight, then realised he forgot to tell the timekeeper so basically messed up. Mayweather who had been told to fight, did. Ortiz then looks at the ref instead of covering or fighting back and gets knocked on his ass. Maywether didn't do anything wrong in my eyes, the ref was at fault.

• 2 months later...

Froch totally outclassed last night unfortunately. Would like to see him fight Kelly Pavlik next.

Agreed. Wasn't too sure of Ward before the fight and why there was so much hype around him in America. However, yesterday he showed what a true champion he is. Outclassed Froch.

Interesting fact I read. British boxers have lost 10 of the 12 world titles they held in 2011. Bad year for boxing.

Archived