BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Boxing Thread

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Kamy100

As I said on the Amir Khan thread after his last fight, he is good fighter but not world class because he cannot take a punch and that the first time he faces a proper fighter he is going to a cropper. That happened tonight, totally and utterly destroyed in just over a minute. I can't see him ever coming back from this.

Left hook KO'd him, then a right just to make sure. Bet he's got a worse headache than me this mornin'.

Arrogant Bolton tosser

He is a (Please do not use that word again). There's speculation his career is over as the world has definitive proof that he can't take a punch. There's no way he could step up a class with that glass jaw.

Guest Kamy100

I think SKY will be looking for a get out clause from the 20 fight deal that they signed with Amir. They shouldn't have too much trouble as what happened last night was against the trade descriptions act as it deffo was not a fight.

I haven't laughed so much in ages - what a come uppance for the braggart :lol:

At least from his point of view he's earned enough money for him to buy enough flashy cars to burn up the streets of Bolton for years to come .

Hopefully he'll wrap them around the nearest wall and not the nearest pedestrian -_-

hope the cocky ###### ends up driving a reliant robin now instead of his big headed look at me supped up car ...wished id stumped up 15 quid to see this.Heard his interview and he still was as big headed ,pity the left didt knock his mouth into row z

The 55 seconds are all over youtube now.

Got to say Sky have dropped a proper bollock on this one. In the buildup 'Khan joins the legends' with images of Lennox Lewis, Hatton etc. Why is that exactly? hed never gone up against a decent fighter.

Frank Warrens admitted he made a mistake in putting him against someone who can actually produce KO's. His old racket of bulking up the win ratio of his boxers by putting them up against nomarks was seen in all its glory last night.

It's a shame he lost because he had the backing of the majority of the country but maybe people believed his hype a bit too much. He showed in previous fights that he's got a chin the size of Jimmy Hill's for opponents to hit and also in previous fights he got up too early instead of calming himself down and being cautious after being knocked down.

It will be interesting to see what the Columbian does now. He's obviously going to fight a better opponent than Khan and it will be interesting to see if he can walk through that fight or whether he is exposed against a guy who's got a better defence.

I reckon the latter personally!

All credit to the Columbian - I'd like to see him box again . The left hook that caught Khan would have felled a bull .

But the first punch that rocked Khan was actually a jab ... :lol:

Hopefully Sky lost a fortune on this . Pay per view for a hyped up second rater was a joke .....

Strange really. We have had some really good fighters, Lewis, Calzaghe and now David Haye that are ignored by and large. In fact I'd say that the Hayemaker is a far better prospect than the overhyped Khan, and has the potential to take over a very rotten hevyweight division. Khan should have stayed an amatuer boxer which relies on speed and technical skill over a solid jaw.

Problem with Lewis and especially Calzaghe is that they plied their trace on Sky then PPV as soon as they started getting famous.

People like Benn, Eubank, Hamed were on terrestrial TV every few weeks so the public cottoned on to them and started following them. Even Hatton, the supposed golden boy of British popularity in the ring, has only become so since the hype to Mayweather fight began. When he became champion at first very few people not 'into' boxing knew anything about him.

Despite the fact boxings popularity has wained, the same public interest as in the 90's was happening with Khan. He got the nations attention at the olympics and then the public were following his career live on ITV. People who have never heard of most boxers seemed to know who Amir Khan was. I'm sure there are less hyped fighters who have more potential and a better chin. Unfortunately they are on FridayFight night on Sky and nobody (the general sport fan but not specifically boxing fan) cares.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived