BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Boxing Thread

I'm pretty sure Mayweather jr said he would rematch again if Hatton fancied it. I can see him doing Floyd in Manchester.

Did you watch the last fight? Mayweather was on a different planet.

As for last night, Hatton looked pretty good, but the American had nothing behind his punches.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is anyone following De La Hoya-Pacquiao 24/7 on Sky? This fight is building nicely, I'm really looking forward to it now. I'm assuming from this show being on Sky that the fight is on there too, anyone know for sure? Is it Box Office?

It's on box office, i read also that glass jaw Khan is fighting Fagan and Nicky Cook defends his WBO super featherweight title on the undercard.

Cook pulled out his fight yesterday as he's been suffering with flu which has disrupted his camp.

There's still plenty happening on the undercard, Carl Froch is fighting for the WBA super-middleweight title, Enzo Maccarinelli is fighting for WBO cruiserweight and Khan is also on as you mentioned.

• 2 weeks later...

Froch was great, he's a big star in the making. He needs to get across the pond now and not leave it too late like Calzaghe did.

Pacquaio was unbelievable. I thought he'd be cumbersome at 147, he was incredibly quick and De La Hoya had nothing. It was sad to see as since De La Hoya fought Mayorga it's seemed like he still had enough to compete at the top level.

Pacquaio - Hatton has to happen now at junior Welterweight and it's probably a better fight for Ricky considering how he's toiled at 147 in the past.

Amir Khan and Enzo Maccarinelli were both impressive against pretty poor opponents.

Audley Harrison needs to disappear off the face of the planet.

I think even I can have Fraudley Harrison if I eat enough pies to make the weight. What's the lowest weight a heavyweight can be?

Carl Froch was very good, though I'd have also scored it closer. I bet the US based fighters will be washing their hair for the next few years as usual.

I was surprised at how ordinary DLH looked on the night as he looked excellent in training for the fight. I can't take any credit away from Pacquaio though. He was just on another planet. I'd love to see Pacquaio and Fatton get it on but for some reason I think i'd rather see Pacquaio v Mayweather fight next because that could potentially be one of the best fights of all time if they are both bang on form.

Audley Harrison frustrates me so much and probably everyone connected to boxing. He pretty much has it all....power, speed, excellent frame....but he mentally isn't there when it comes to finishing off a fight. He can go into the fight, talk the talk and even show the opponent who's boss but then he takes his foot off the pedal during every round and instead of dominating an opponent, he lets them back in and then the belief goes. SORT IT OUT AUDLEY!!!!

Balls - Harrison is a big useless @#/?, aside from his second fight with Danny Williams he's never looked good in his professional career. He's a plodder with very little ability and he's been found out by some bang average fighters.

Speaking of which, fair play to Martin Rogan, the guy is like a Steve Collins throwback and an infinitely nicer bloke than Audley to boot.

Balls - Harrison is a big useless @#/?, aside from his second fight with Danny Williams he's never looked good in his professional career. He's a plodder with very little ability and he's been found out by some bang average fighters.

Speaking of which, fair play to Martin Rogan, the guy is like a Steve Collins throwback and an infinitely nicer bloke than Audley to boot.

Bang on mate. Fraudley is a plodder who is worse than the Bedford basher whose name I have forgotten. He fluked one of his fights against some Ukrainian in the semi finals or whichever match it was. He is awful and should retire.

That was him. He was a bouncer in Bedford, and a heavyweight kick boxing champion. He was proper tough, but more of a bar room brawler than a real boxer. Skelton, Harrisom and Williams were a generation of plodding, 1 speed, 1 dimensional clowns who were embarrasing to British boxing. I hope the Hayemaker steps up and gives us some thrills in a crap heavyweight scene.

Awesome if it is.

If Haye can survive a solid shot from him on the noggin then Haye can beat him. Fair play to Haye for going after the best though, he probably would have had a better chance of winning a title if he went after the younger of the brothers.

• 2 months later...

Archived