SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Flags Being Put Up On Lamp Posts

Gav

Let me think about that one .............. erm NO

want me to change my e-mail addys oh and my domain name not likely

I own prestonblue.com google me you will get lots of results

Its ok i will allow you to use my name for now cheers PB :P

Not being funny prestonblue but preston blue has been here for ages. It's extremely confusing already (Or maybe preston blue is the new guy?) I note that you're called preston blue but your "Location" states "Sunny Ewood". Wouldn't it make sense to change your name to "sunnyewood"?

What next "bob flaming", "thenogrod", "Ste B" ?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone got any pics for those of us that are just a bit too far to drive and see it? :)

2843051754_86ea644471_m.jpg - - 2842220719_11bb3f0230_m.jpg

There's another one which says "Welcome To Ewood".

And another one which says "Come Right In - We've got a MultiFaith Room" :unsure:

The one outside the fernhurst will probably be the 1st to go. It only takes one muppet to scale the lampost and away it goes.

That's the one in the pics. I noticed the lampost directly over the road now has a permanent police CCTV camera trained on the Fernhurst car park, so if someone does nick that flag they might find they have company when they bring it back to ground level!

Not being funny prestonblue but preston blue has been here for ages. It's extremely confusing already (Or maybe preston blue is the new guy?) I note that you're called preston blue but your "Location" states "Sunny Ewood". Wouldn't it make sense to change your name to "sunnyewood"?

What next "bob flaming", "thenogrod", "Ste B" ?

Cheeky git !!!

Anyway, I've looked for prestonblue and even googles confused.. it said "are you sure you dont mean PRESTON BLUE".

That's the one in the pics. I noticed the lampost directly over the road now has a permanent police CCTV camera trained on the Fernhurst car park, so if someone does nick that flag they might find they have company when they bring it back to ground level!

Only if it takes them about a week to take it down .... -_-

Looks good. Looked about as expected. Those look pretty similar to what is pretty common here in America hanging off our light posts. Makes for good cheap advertisement that can be regionalized, so that in the TCU campus area all deal with TCU, but around the stockyards all deal with an upcoming rodeo, etc.

There is still many a lampost without a banner on at Ewood are these awaiting banners to be fixed to them ?

Regarding topiary, is there any talented Rovers fans in this field that could shape a tree or trees into the shape of the club badge. Thinking of the one or two trees as you turn into the Blackburn end off the main road and several around the gypo camp at Ewood and some trees on cravens brow.

JAL - I have been down to Ewood today and asked Paul Ince to shin up the remaining lampposts in an attempt to stop your perpetual moaning. Somehow I don't think it will work.

Only asking! didnt see it as a moan anyhow just drove onto Oakdale and seen that one of the banners has gone missing close to the traffic lights coming onto Oakdale saw it last night that the bottom of the banner had become detached from the pole now the banner has gone completely.

Apologies if this seems negative just reporting a missing banner already.

I noticed this morning that just before the traffic lights when you come off the M65 at darwen you'll now see:

Welcome to Blackburn sign "The home of Blackburn Rovers" and club badge.

Maybe the council are finally realising that the football club is clearly the best things about the town.

Good stuff indeed.

• 8 months later...

Got to say that the flags are starting to look rather tatty with many hanging off their fittings.

Its a great idea to make the Ewood area a celebration of all things Blackburn Rovers, but these need replacing asap.

The flags may have come about following a column a column I wrote in the LT a couple of years ago, for which John Williams invited me into the club to discuss after reading it. The idea was to make Bolton Rd a sort of Blue and White version of the Golden Mile (but obviously nowhere near as tacky). The Fans Forum had some input but things never really progressed, partly as I didnt have the time to drive things on.

I still think it would be a great idea to see Bolton Rd decked out in blue and white flowers, and have banners from lampost to lampost depicting famous scenes or past legends etc, amongst other things. The thinking was very much on the grand scale rather than the half arsed efforts that appeared on the lamposts some time ago.

If anyone was to try and push it through now is the time as we have a couple of months before the season kicks off. I think some local firms may even have been interested in sponsoring it...

Time is still an issue for me but I still have a lot of the ideas and notes from the original discussions about it all if anyone wants to get involved.

John Williams is very much behind the idea but he feels it needs to be a council or fan led initiative, and that the club already does enough. I think if some time and financial support was seen to be given by the council or the fans he would probably lend more support...I even got in contact with Wayne Hemmingway who thought it was a great idea and would lend as much support as he could, albeit from a distance. (As Urban regeneration and design is his thing I felt this could be quite an asset).

Anyone interested?

Archived