BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pavlyuchenko- Supreme Wuss

bluebruce

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_4190040,00.html

"I looked at my watch and saw that the training session had gone on for exactly two hours! Then another half an hour in the gym. Two and a half hours. Can you imagine that?"

Yes Roman, I can imagine that, because my training sessions as a JUNIOR Club player were ALWAYS 2 hours long at least!

What I have great difficulty imagining is the amount of money the whinging git must be on.

I thought Russians were meant to be tough?

I heard about this yesterday and it made me laugh too. Maybe many foreign players come over and think the same thing though and just don't broadcast it.

Possibly, but it's the opposite of our experiences isn't it? Woy came in ten or so years ago with foreign ideals, one of which was training twice a day, and nearly caused a full on riot with Mr Sherwood and co.

He took a right boot in the knackers last night, but made sure that the curly haired defender got his desserts...smacked in the nose and blood all over... :P

I saw that, it was well done. Like the commentator said, I've seen players red carded for less...

He took a right boot in the knackers last night, but made sure that the curly haired defender got his desserts...smacked in the nose and blood all over... :P

He also worked his socks off the whole game...better than someone like Yorke who apparantly was one of our fittest players but a lazy git on the field. I find Pavlyu's honesty quite refreshing, at the end of the day the standard footballing phrases are the ones that really annoy me.

torg you find his honesty refreshing?

im gonna tell my boss tonight im only working two out of thirteen hours because i find it tiring.imagine his reply.

Modern day footballers are prima donna whusses and a honest days graft would bloody kill em.He probably gets paid more in his 2 hours than i do in a year .sympathy and honesty my arse!!!

torg you find his honesty refreshing?

im gonna tell my boss tonight im only working two out of thirteen hours because i find it tiring.imagine his reply.

Modern day footballers are prima donna whusses and a honest days graft would bloody kill em.He probably gets paid more in his 2 hours than i do in a year .sympathy and honesty my arse!!!

Yes, I do.

At what point did he not finish a training session? He merely said he it was a shock...

Abbey wouldn't.

correct!!!!!

i got on with it did extra running ,weights,dieted(ricky hatton style rightly or wrongly) etc.

i gave blood sweat tears,injured every muscle ,bone etc in my body(paying for it now tho).

all this i did for no money just the glory of becoming british champion and an international ,so torg i do know what its like.....he a whuss end of!

edit...ftr i became english champ and 3rd in gb ,I got beat in gb finals by a lad who i was beating and he became an olympian and gb coach.I got beat by slipping and taking a knee in the side of the head accidently and this was in glasgow ,i woke up 4 nights later in blackburn.I have hundreds of medals and trophies and represented lancishire,england and great britain.

Actually if you read the article he says something like he had to tell the coach he couldn't handle it.

Well maybe he is used to different training methods, maybe he didn't train f'all in Russia. I know if I tried to go from my fat state now to 2.5 hours of training I would be friggin knackered.

Of course I would rather we just bag them out for earning a shedload of cash and being soft ponces these days.

Insert generic : "I would play for free!" or "LUXURY! There were a hundred and fifty of us living in t' shoebox in t' middle o' road."

Archived