BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] What Players Never Got A Chance At Rovers?

Amo

Patrick Andersson is indeed a mystery. It has to be said though that in his few games for Rovers he was truely dreadful.

Not so much not given a chance but sad that things didn't work out:

Unsal

Sukur

Perez

Donis and Shearer together would have been a wondrous sight. I always wish Lars Bohinnen had played in a better Rovers side and had greater chance to show his amazing skills- since the '60s I guess Bohinnen, McKenzie and Tugay stand head and shoulders as the most outragously naturally gifted players we have seen at Ewood.

In retrospect, playing Given in place of Tim Flowers would have been the sensible thing to do but would have seen the Blackburn End burned down if it had been tried!

I'll throw one in, Chris Coleman

Not quite good enough to break the Berg/Hendry partnership but how we could have used him the season Hendry p**sed off to Rangers and we were left forking out £5 million for Christian Daily. I think we did get £3 mill for him though which at the time was tough to turn down.

Another one, Marcus Bent. Superb for us in our promotion season, had to be left out to accommodate Grabbi and then used in a makeweight for the Cole signing.

I'll throw one in, Chris Coleman

Not quite good enough to break the Berg/Hendry partnership but how we could have used him the season Hendry p**sed off to Rangers and we were left forking out £5 million for Christian Daily. I think we did get £3 mill for him though which at the time was tough to turn down.

I have the impression we paid £2.8 mill for him and got £2.1 mill when we offloaded him- a pal went to the Rovers supporters club in London and spoke to Coar at one of them: he was delighted to have got such a high fee for him.

Going back 45 years Rovers rejected Tony Green and Tommy Hutchison as schoolboys ; both went on to be top-class Scotland internationals at a time when Scotland was producing Britain's best footballers.

Bolton also rejected Alan Ball as being too small - good decision eh ?

I'd say Gallagher. He did pretty well in the super-sub role for a couple of months, but seems to have regressed since then. Matty has now usurped the role from him and I'd say he's played his last match for Rovers. Don't think he'll be a huge star, but think he'll be a regular for a lower level prem club in the end.

As things stand, I'm really tempted to say Ooijer. Remains first choice centre half for his country but hasn't really had a look-in here in that position, other than in cup games or when Nelsen/Samba have been unavailable.

Best centre half by far on our books. When will Ince realise this?

Add Zurab to the list. He is constantly overlooked, yet makes the ideal partner for Ooijer.

Archived