BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Kinnear Press Conference

rostro

hear the slimey hacks squirm when mad joe tells them he doesn't give a (Please don't use that word again) because its the last time they will be talking together.

And yes the grauniad's parody is very good.

i spat tea out of my mouth when i heard the first line. epic.

He has risen significantly in my estimation.

ung, meant to quote andyC

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
am i alone in thinking the guy is a hero!!

about time someone told the press what he really thought of them!

his opening line of 'who is simon bird' 'me' 'you're a c**t' had me laughing out loud on the tube this morning on the way to work!

it might just galvanise the players and create an 'us against the world' mentality that has served him well.

didn't we come close to having him as manager at some point??

I agree entirely. The man, JFK, is an absolute hero. I can't stand the press. Most of them are not moral, not trustworthy and have no integrity.

Well said, Joe!

So Joe Kinnear is upset by some mischievous headlines in the papers.

Aw diddums ... it's goes with the territory.

In 6 weeks he will disappear back to the "slime" dahn sarf from whence he came never to be heard of again.

There's only one **** in this story and that's Joe Kinnear.

ROFLMAO

Quality

I hope Kinnear holds his promise on no more press conference's. I loved it when he said about meeting Wise in the pub to sort it all out, Kinnear says is that right the journo goes no but that's the way it is, shocking.

Can we print the truth "we are all cant's and can duck off" Kinnear yes you can. :lol:

Thanks Joe you have made my day.

EDIT: just voted on there poll and 73% think he's a legend.

In 6 weeks he will disappear back to the "slime" dahn sarf from whence he came never to be heard of again.

there's 'mischievous' stories jim and there's just plain lies.

the majority of the time, the lies always go unpunished.

funny how popular opinion is with joe on this one. especially the bar codes.

bet the gutter press didnt see that coming.

Anthropologists, attention!

Experiments at the Circus of Newcastle United FC have cast serious doubts over the theory of evolution. Souness, Allardyce, Keegan, Kinnear....

Need I say more? The Ape better take his coaching badges asap.

there's 'mischievous' stories jim and there's just plain lies.

the majority of the time, the lies always go unpunished.

funny how popular opinion is with joe on this one. especially the bar codes.

bet the gutter press didnt see that coming.

You misread my post. I said the headlines were mischievous but the stories are not. As the reporters said, they were recording what everyone around Newcastle was saying about the players' non-attendance on the Monday.

I don't think the public is "with" Kinnear at all. Decent people are appalled at his foul-mouthed oaths.

........Simon....?

How desperate would someone have to be to take the Newcastle job on after this? Kinnear reduced to a wreck after a week in the job (and he's only temporary anyway!). Souness, Allardyce, Keegan, even Bobby Robson - careers nosedived after they took their turn in the Sid James Park circus ring. However frustrating it can get supporting Rovers I wouldnt swap places with the barcodes for anything. It's like a vicious circle - the more desperate they get for success the more irrational they are in their criticism of whoever manages/runs the club. I actually thought Mike Ashley arrived with good intentions but now he's desperate to wash his hands of the job and when he and Ernie Wise and Joe 'Supply Teacher' Kinnear have all long gone God only knows what sort of a mess of a club Newcastle will be. The new Leeds?

I can't decide whether or not Joe Kinnear's press conference is legendary or if it just sounds like a kid throwing his toys out of the pram because a few bad words have been said about him.

It's a bit of both really, classic to hear someone let rip on the press like that but come on Ince has probably had things wrote about him worse than that since he took over.

Newcastle really are a club in turmoil, I don't remember a worst case scenario for a premiership club in recent times.

Ah well it'll just be like City, a rich owner will take over and throw money at their problems.

classic to hear someone let rip on the press like that

Just loitering here after a scouting mission for Rovers fans to write preview pieces for Salut! Sunderland for the forthcoming games between our clubs (three between mid-November and Boxing Day)....and thanks to both those who've volunteered and the many more who have visited my site as a result of the original request

I'm a hack and fully appreciate that we're just ahead of paedophiles in the popularity stakes. But don't those siding with Kinnear see that this is a man whose position and experience ought to equip him with a shade more dignity than he displayed in this nonsensical press conference? His performance, as a public figure doing what public figures (inconveniently for them) have to do, oozed failure and he's barely begun.

Leaving aside tribal smirks at Newcastle's woes, I cannot see why the press should be attacked for reflecting what is going on at that club. The reporters didn't create the circus, however much their newspapers may now be enjoying and prospering from it, and can hardly be faulted for being about a third as critical of the club as the average bloke in the Tyneside pub is just now

The Uk has a varied press - in which I include broadcasting - from which you get both great journalism and appalling dross. For all its flaws (and I get angry about these too), I'd rather have that imperfect mix than the turgid, obsequious drivel that would result if reporters just acted as mouthpieces for the kind of people currently running NUFC and the people they appoint .

...but have a scrap with me about it by all means, here or at my main site Salut!..where I've also offered a few thoughts on Kinnear v The ****** *****

And thanks for beating the Mags. Shame about today...

Archived