BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Chelsea Match Preview

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think we've become a poor side. We've played well in quite a few games but just haven't finished teams off. We played brilliant against Villa, who are a team most people predict would finish just outside top 4, yet they somehow won the game when we controlled it and should have got the 3 points.

Hasn't this been dealt with in years gone past? The very sign of a poor side is when they "play well", yet continually fail to deliver.

the deflection was a hand ball.... the ref's a ####. always on chelsea's side!

we just don't have that bit of luck at the moment.

I'm pretty sure it was his knee. Freak goal, but we can't complain that we're one down.

Who the hell do we bring on to get back in this? Robbie Fowler? I think the best we can hope for is to ride our luck for the whole second half and then grab one from a set-piece.

I'm pretty sure it was his knee. Freak goal, but we can't complain that we're one down.

Who the hell do we bring on to get back in this? Robbie Fowler? I think the best we can hope for is to ride our luck for the whole second half and then grab one from a set-piece.

Seing as Chelsea is yet to concede a league goal in the second half this season, it would be the perfect time to break another teams positive statistics. We usually do it with other teams negative statistics...

We were battered for about 20 minutes, but towards the end of the half we held our own. I almost feel as if conditions have suited us less. I think we've been decent, hopefully we can find a goal from somewhere, but we have to expect to get nothing from Chelsea, so it isn't exactly a surprise.

This is grim. Aside from the terrible conditions (which applies to both teams of course), the touch and passing of our players is embarrassing. Pedersen in particular is out of his depth.

I think hes had a reasonable match. Not great, but certainly not as bad as some performances he's put in.

Totally disagree Matt, I think we're looking pretty good right now. We probably won't score, but the performance in the second half is good; we've been the better team and then they will score.

If we fail to score, then it's irrelevant how good we looked for a period in the second half. Chelsea are bound to let up for a period when they're leading.

If we fail to score, then it's irrelevant how good we looked for a period in the second half. Chelsea are bound to let up for a period when they're leading.

No it isn't. Playing well is important.

Not a surprise that they got a goal really against the run of play.

Archived