BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Chelsea Match Preview

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just thought it was a matter of old-fashioned. English, common courtesy to reply politely to that . Maybe not in your eyes.

Oh well. Not that I'm bothered too much.

'Common courtesy' Colin? Calling two members 'small town jerks' etc just cos his mate's dropped a clanger with his ticket purchase?

In our games against the Big 4 over the last 5 seasons, we probably have the worst record against Chelsea, apart from a 1-0 winner in a dead rubber in 2006.. (?)

So there really is not much hope, however what we would hate is a collapse to the tune of 4-0, ........

Big story on SSN how they need to expect a physical game and they then highlighted the fact that we have had 15 seperate players booked this season, more than anyone else. Ray wilkins went on to say to its to be expected as we are physical and Ince has always been very aggressive. Nothing like getting the ref on your side pre-game. Cockney gits!

As for Chelsea at Ewood. They have won 6 of their last 7. But no doubt if we lose, Ince will be blamed more than Hughes ever did.

As for Chelsea at Ewood. They have won 6 of their last 7. But no doubt if we lose, Ince will be blamed more than Hughes ever did.

If we lose and run them close, like we did almost consistently with the Big Four under Hughes, then Ince will get credit. Another showing like the Arsenal and Man U games and Ince will be criticised, and rightly so.

Chelsea are obviously the better side, but if we show some balls and go down fighting I will give credit where credit's due. Like TGM said, if we let them walk right through us again then question marks will be raised over Ince's tactical nous and motivation.

ROVERS: Robinson, Simpson, Khizanishvili, Nelsen ©, Olsson, Grella, Warnock, Villanueva, Andrews, Pedersen, Roberts. Subs: Brown (GK), Samba, Tugay, Mokoena, Fowler, Treacy, Derbyshire,

CHELSEA: Cech, Lampard, Mikel, Malouda, Bosingwa, Bridge, Deco, Kalou, Terry ©, Alex, Anelka. Subs: Cudicini (GK), Ivanovic, Di Santo, Sinclair, Ferreira, Mineiro, Belletti

Where is Warnock supposed to play? On the left and Pedersen on the right?

ROVERS: Robinson, Simpson, Khizanishvili, Nelsen ©, Olsson, Grella, Warnock, Villanueva, Andrews, Pedersen, Roberts. Subs: Brown (GK), Samba, Tugay, Mokoena, Fowler, Treacy, Derbyshire,

CHELSEA: Cech, Lampard, Mikel, Malouda, Bosingwa, Bridge, Deco, Kalou, Terry ©, Alex, Anelka. Subs: Cudicini (GK), Ivanovic, Di Santo, Sinclair, Ferreira, Mineiro, Belletti

0-4 again

Well, Wayne Bridge is notoriously ineffective with his right foot - so a tactical masterstroke to have the rampaging two-footed-but-left-footed Gamst cutting in field...?

Well it's an interesting selection, it will be interesting to see what Carlos can do today.

Quite surprised Zurab is playing, a lot of people have been calling for it but its certainly a big game for his first league start of the season.

I guess Warnock is in the center with Grella and Andews with Pedersen and Villanueva on the flanks, just good old Jase up top on his own.

I wonder if Mr Brown still has the keys to the bus!

We need to get in their faces early and make it hard for them, rough em up a bit.

I'm glad Zurab is starting but surely he must be off the pace having not started at centre back this season.

i'm sticking with 1-0 Rovers, pedersen volley!

Well, Wayne Bridge is notoriously ineffective with his right foot - so a tactical masterstroke to have the rampaging two-footed-but-left-footed Gamst cutting in field...?

This leaves us with Derbyshire on the bench and if we are, somehow, losing only by a goal in the end of the game, he could make an impact from the bench. If Derbyshire had started on the right, we would've had zero attacking impact on the bench. So I guess that's the best we can come up with the selectable players - excluding the benching of Samba instead of Nelsen.

Archived